Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 05:18 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Molly Katchpole, 22, quickly became a media sensation with her online petition against Bank of America’s proposed debit card fee.
Quote:
Ever since Katchpole launched an online petition railing against Bank of America’s proposed debit card fees, the bushy-haired, tattooed member of the millennial generation has become a favorite among TV news show bookers and a hero among netizens.
Thousands followed her lead. A young adult with an activist heart. Right?

Quote:

After Bank of America aborted its plan Tuesday to charge customers $5 a month to use their debit cards, Katchpole is now coping with the come-down. She finds herself ambivalent about all the attention and the David vs. Goliath story line. She also has more urgent worries emblematic of her generation: Starting in December, the art and architectural history major has to figure out a way to start paying off her student loans, which she says will require payments of at least $200 a month.
WRONG! She's the typical leftist nitwit who might as well have taken student loans out to major in watching paint dry!

But she's a responsible new-grad right? Ready to tackle her obligations, right?!
Quote:

“I don’t know what I am going to do!” said Katchpole, a freelance account manager at a political consulting firm called Winning Over Washington. (Its main client is the progressive group MoveOn.org.) “I am going to have to defer my loans. I have no idea. Why should I be expected to pay them off now? Why are colleges charging interest on that stuff? Give us a break. Really.”
WRONG! In fact, she has no idea why she should be expected to pay her loans off now that she's graduated and can be a real adult with real responsibilities!

Quote:

“I’ll owe about $200 to $250 a month,” she said. “Oh, she’s got more than close to $400-$500 a month,” her mother said. “She has well over $40,000 in student loans.”

(Katchpole, ever the willful child, said her mother is misinformed.)
Friggin clueless!!

This girl represents everything that is wrong with the Millenial Generation of nitwits. No wonder America is in such dire straits, when THIS is the generation of young leaders!

Unbelievable. And to think there are thousands of these stooges walking around in OWS protests across the country.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/todays_paper/Metro/2011-11-07/B/1/30.1.2780404827_epaper.html (broken link)

Last edited by AeroGuyDC; 11-07-2011 at 06:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 05:24 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

WRONG! She's the typical leftist nitwit who might as well have taken student loans out to major in watching paint dry!

But she's a responsible new-grad right? Ready to tackle her obligations, right?!

WRONG! In fact, she has no idea why she should be expected to pay her loans off now that she's graduated and can be a real adult with real responsibilities!

Friggin clueless!!

This girl represents everything that is wrong with the Millenial Generation of nitwits. No wonder America is in such dire straits, when THIS is the generation of young leaders!

Unbelievable.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/todays_paper/Metro/2011-11-07/B/1/30.1.2780404827_epaper.html (broken link)
She started a movement that resulted in Bank of America backing off their intention to start charging a monthly debit card fee. That's pretty impressive. Sounds like she has already accomplished something of note with her life. What have you done that's comparable?

Old 11-07-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
She started a movement that resulted in Bank of America backing off their intention to start charging a monthly debit card fee. That's pretty impressive. Sounds like she has already accomplished something of note with her life. What have you done that's comparable?
See, that's where it gets really funny. You don't think those profits will be recouped elsewhere? LOL

You actually think this girl stopped a banking behemoth from collecting its cash?

The joke is on you, pal.

Old 11-07-2011, 05:31 PM

Location: The bustling, world-renowned downtown of Pataskala, OH
188 posts, read 197,927 times
Quote:

Friggin clueless!!

Unbelievable. And to think there are thousands of these stooges walking around in OWS protests across the country.

Don't be so dismissive of our generation, liberalism is a young man's game. Up until now, we have been pampered and plushed and as a whole, this is our first test. I think enough of us are smart enough to, in the end, come out somewhat okay. We will(as every generation since the turn of the 20th Century) give in to the Progressive Train but will not let it get so out of control that someone can stop it.

Old 11-07-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
See, that's where it gets really funny. You don't think those profits will be recouped elsewhere? LOL

You actually think this girl stopped a banking behemoth from collecting its cash?

The joke is on you, pal.
Oh, no, I don't think that at all. I realize that they will recoup it from other places, probably as fees that are not as in your face as this one would have been. But there are a whole lot of people who moved their money out of the big banks and won't be paying those new hidden fees. That's a win in my book.

Old 11-07-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by egamakaded idiut View Post
Don't be so dismissive of our generation, liberalism is a young man's game. Up until now, we have been pampered and plushed and as a whole, this is our first test. I think enough of us are smart enough to, in the end, come out somewhat okay. We will(as every generation since the turn of the 20th Century) give in to the Progressive Train but will not let it get so out of control that someone can stop it.

I'll give you props for at least admitting that your generation is "pampered and plushed." Many discussions along these lines result in "defenders" who don't know the difference in how they were raised and how everyone else was raised decades ago. Therefore, they don't see a problem with it.

Here's to hoping that you can keep a straight head, because God knows we need you folks to step up in a major way in the coming years.

Old 11-07-2011, 05:52 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Most of my friends (the 'millenials' you so despise) are extremely hard workers, had majors in college that will pay off, or learned a trade that is making them money. Of course, you don't hear much about us in the media because we mind our own business and don't get involved with crap like that. There are quite a few of us out there.

Old 11-07-2011, 05:57 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
She didn't start crap. This would have happen with or without her.

Old 11-07-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Most of my friends (the 'millenials' you so despise) are extremely hard workers, had majors in college that will pay off, or learned a trade that is making them money. Of course, you don't hear much about us in the media because we mind our own business and don't get involved with crap like that. There are quite a few of us out there.
Well, that's refreshing to hear. But when I read the sentiments of the girl in the OP, I nearly become nauseated. How does a nation rally behind a girl with such poor comprehension of life in the United States? How does that happen? And yet, Leftist organizations are drooling over her. A very sad commentary on our country indeed.

Old 11-07-2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
I'll give you props for at least admitting that your generation is "pampered and plushed." Many discussions along these lines result in "defenders" who don't know the difference in how they were raised and how everyone else was raised decades ago. Therefore, they don't see a problem with it.
You are berating an entire generation for the way they were raised, as if it is their fault. The only thing missing from your post is, "Hey, kid! Get off my lawn!"

Every generation makes this accusation about the ones coming behind it. Here's a great quote, generally attributed to Socrates, that illustrates the point:

The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

And yet, every generation seems to manage to somehow step up when it's their turn. Get off your high horse. Your generation, whichever one that is, is no better than any other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies