Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2011, 04:18 PM

229 posts, read 206,916 times

Advertisements

I think thier movement's logic is horribly flawed, but Im proud that America is atleast protesting. Never thought that there would be a mass protest in the next quarter century.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 04:19 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straka91 View Post
I think thier movement's logic is horribly flawed, but Im proud that America is atleast protesting. Never thought that there would be a mass protest in the next quarter century.
So you did not respect the TP?

Old 11-08-2011, 04:23 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Quote:
I will agree.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So you did not respect the TP?
Really wouldnt call the TP a protest but more of a political party. I repected them aswell.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:16 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Really wouldnt call the TP a protest but more of a political party. I repected them aswell.
Who is in charge of this political party?

O.K.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:38 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
I'm glad you respect (shouldn't that be present tense?) us, but you don't really understand the movement if you think of it as a political party.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I'm glad you respect (shouldn't that be present tense?) us, but you don't really understand the movement if you think of it as a political party.
I wont lie, my knowlege is very low on the Tea Party movement. Ive always considered it a political party of sorts and if Im wrong about that, than I stand corrected.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:21 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,554,078 times
Quote:
This isn't a protest..it is exactly what their name says...it is an occupation. They are not having organized, permitted demonstrations to send a message out....they find a piece of public land (like the park at city hall) and claim it as their own (this is true,...in LA they even had it divided into different "sovereign" areas) (and even though, as public space, it is actually tax-payers that "own" it), they then break a number of state laws and civic ordinaces, not to mention bringing down the quality of life of the people who live, work, and visit those areas and force the closures of businesses and the lay-offs of their employees..in Oakland, they resorted to terrorism, closing down the port until a teamsters union official found someone that resembled anything like a leader and explained that his workers needed to work to feed their families did they let it open back up....they also talk about being peaceful, but deliberately try to provoke the police...in LA they said even if the police try to remove them they would "stand their ground"...gee, what do you think could happen, then??....This is not a protest or demonstration...it is terrorism at worse, a huge nuisance at best.

As far as I know, the Tea Party protests were nothing like the above. Infact, some Tea Party branches are suing over how unfairly they were treated, the Tea Party obeyed the rules, while the Occupiers don't have to: Richmond tea party: Charge Occupy protesters or refund $10,000 we spent to rally in Virginia | The Republic

-Chris
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies