Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 04:11 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,380,115 times

Advertisements

As America seems to be heading for some major changes i was wondering if the possibility of Insurection or Revolution might play a part in our future ,if so is there much of a difference in the two terms or is it more or less 6 of one half a dozen of the other..

Insurection

in·sur·rec·tion ( n s -r k sh n). n. The act or an instance of open revolt against civil authority or a constituted government.

rev·o·lu·tion
[rev-uh-loo-shuhn]
an overthrow or repudiation and the thorough replacement of an established government or political system by the people governed.

Anyone else got any solutions to the growing rift between rich and poor,left vs right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 05:00 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,374,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
As America seems to be heading for some major changes i was wondering if the possibility of Insurection or Revolution might play a part in our future ,if so is there much of a difference in the two terms or is it more or less 6 of one half a dozen of the other..

Insurection

in·sur·rec·tion ( n s -r k sh n). n. The act or an instance of open revolt against civil authority or a constituted government.

rev·o·lu·tion
[rev-uh-loo-shuhn]
an overthrow or repudiation and the thorough replacement of an established government or political system by the people governed.

Anyone else got any solutions to the growing rift between rich and poor,left vs right?
I do not think there is a solution and we will keep traveling down the same path of insanity. Doing the same things over and over again and expecting a different result. As far as insurrection or revolution I do not think either will occur. Look how corrupt are political system is and how irresponsible our so called leaders are.

We are good sheeple, so much so that term is a insult to sheep. Example, we have to very diverse groups protesting, the Tea Party and OWS. What will become of this? come Nov 2012 the Tea party in full force will go to the polls and vote {R}. On the same day, OWS will go to the polls and vote for the {D}s.

Then each group will pet themselves on the back thinking they made a huge difference.In reality, pretty much everything will stay the same and no major shift will occur. Same old song and dance with some new drummers.

What I think we will be seeing because of the status quo is what we see taking place in the EU. The protest in most part have not become violent. I think they will escalate where there are many clashes with police, the burning down of buildings, and senseless destruction.

Major chaos and civil unrest that leads no where and our corrupt gvt will remain intact.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:35 AM

564 posts, read 893,620 times
We, We The People have sat back long enough...We have allowed those, those who would benefit from controlling our system of money, press, banks, stock market and manipulation of stocks to gain control of corporations, corporations, they did not start, nor rightfully own, to persist. This small group of arrogant and greedy individuals, who have only one agenda, not the agenda of We The People. Their time has passed, and the time of the power to be placed back into the hands of it's rightful owners, We The People, is upon us.

Our system is good, our documents are the best in the world. Evil found a way around it. The Federal Reserve System, those descendents who control it, the banks, and buying up of the press long ago...have trumped "We The People" Thomas Jefferson so warned us until he was blue in the face, WE forgot, We didn't listen, We got exactly what he so warned US about.

Take the power of those small group of crooks, and place it back into our hands, a system that would benefit the people, of the people, for the people. and vanquish any in the monetary system today from ever practicing in the U.S. ever again, along with our original documents...

And the U.S. would once again be the most prosperous country in the world, even right down to poorest of folks. And peace!!

It is, but, the evil which has taken it's firm grip over our government which needs "severed".

Old 11-10-2011, 06:03 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,219,554 times
Those who are poor could spend more time studying and preparing to create or get jobs instead of spending time protesting. Public libraries are free. Spend every waking second reading and you can make something of yourself.

Luck favors the well prepared

Old 11-10-2011, 06:11 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,658,621 times
I think you will see a reform movement come along. It is already happening with some governors in certain states (Christie & Walker). You are going to see some elected officials come in and really clean house. I foresee term limits being instituted and balanced budget amendments.

It will be about time for these due to the tremendous amount of government waste, fraud and corruption.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:16 AM

30,111 posts, read 18,712,684 times
Quote:

Insurection

rev·o·lu·tion
[rev-uh-loo-shuhn]

Thanks for the vocabularly lesson. I thought they were the same thing.

Given the history of revolutions/insurrections and all the violence, death, and misery that occurs as a result, who in their right mind would be an advocated of such plans, in the absence of authoritarian tyranny?

Old 11-10-2011, 06:23 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,980,350 times
Quote:

Insurection

rev·o·lu·tion
[rev-uh-loo-shuhn]

I would add civil war ... and its the most probable because the majority of the people are against a revolution and will vehemently fight the anarchistic and communist to restore our nation.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:50 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,380,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Those who are poor could spend more time studying and preparing to create or get jobs instead of spending time protesting. Public libraries are free. Spend every waking second reading and you can make something of yourself.

Luck favors the well prepared
That looks good on paper and may have been a more viable concept 20+ years ago but now you could have hundreds of people applying for the same job most of whom will not get the job no matter how qualified they may be.But that doesnt really solve the lack of jobs,the widening rift between left and right,rich or poor and the same bunch getting voted back into Washington every few years to do basically the same thing.I'm thinking a whole new system of government may be in order at the very least a third option.
Protests and perhaps violence is going to be happening more and more and i was wondering just how far the American people are prepared to take it..

Old 11-10-2011, 07:52 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,219,554 times
Quote:
That looks good on paper and may have been a more viable concept 20+ years ago but now you could have hundreds of people applying for the same job most of whom will not get the job no matter how qualified they may be.But that doesnt really solve the lack of jobs,the widening rift between left and right,rich or poor and the same bunch getting voted back into Washington every few years to do basically the same thing.I'm thinking a whole new system of government may be in order at the very least a third option.
Protests and perhaps violence is going to be happening more and more and i was wondering just how far the American people are prepared to take it..
I am sorry, what part of 'work to create your own job' did you not understand?

Old 11-10-2011, 07:55 AM

45,258 posts, read 26,510,497 times
I think a Ron Paul Revolution would be a good non-violent start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies