Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 07:17 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times

Advertisements

Media blackouts are nothing new.

It has been taken to a whole new level.

One World Order, rules the media.

Media Blackout, for Political Reasons
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 07:31 AM

78,371 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Media blackouts are nothing new.

It has been taken to a whole new level.

One World Order, rules the media.

Media Blackout, for Political Reasons
You want to give us some examples or are we forced to click on some dubious .com site?

Old 11-11-2011, 07:34 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
So, CNBC rules the country?

Or are you implying that the other republican candidates influenced CNBC to drop the poll results?

If so, does that make the republican candidates 'the rulers'?
But, I thought they wanted less government and more adherence to the constitution? I don't think the constitution has anything about 'rulers' in it.

confusing, at best.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:47 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You want to give us some examples or are we forced to click on some dubious .com site?

Why would you suspect the MSM would be reporting on a media blackout?

Old 11-11-2011, 07:54 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,826,300 times
Quote:
Open your mind and turn on CBS,NBC,ABC,CNN,PBS,MSNBC(the worst)..or.. read any of the major city daily papers, Time, Newsweek,etc...get the idea?

Old 11-11-2011, 09:32 AM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
What the Paulinistas are mad about is apparently this:

Quote:
Paul led by a heavy margin in the post-debate poll on CNBC.com, but the poll was removed. The news organization said it removed the poll because it didn’t reflect the views of its audience, according to HuntingtonNews.net. This is the second time that CNBC has removed a poll from its website because Paul was leading. The first time occurred in October, when the candidate took a 75 percent lead in a post-debate poll.
The problem is that Paul's followers lurves them some Internets, while a good chunk of the over-all Republican base is still wondering how those little people get into the magical picture box. In other words, the poll is skewed from the word go. That's the kind of problem that an attentive press is supposed to be aware of and correct.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Open your mind and turn on CBS,NBC,ABC,CNN,PBS,MSNBC(the worst)..or.. read any of the major city daily papers, Time, Newsweek,etc...get the idea?
How is asking for examples not opening my mind. Derp derp derp......

P.S. the poster right before you tells me that like Duh....I can't find info at those sites because it's a media blackout.

Are you guys the derp twins?

Old 11-11-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
What the Paulinistas are mad about is apparently this:

The problem is that Paul's followers lurves them some Internets, while a good chunk of the over-all Republican base is still wondering how those little people get into the magical picture box. In other words, the poll is skewed from the word go. That's the kind of problem that an attentive press is supposed to be aware of and correct.
Thankyou for an excellent post that explained the situation.

Reporters should be allowed near statistics or sharp objects without strict supervision.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:51 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,518 times
Quote:
How is asking for examples not opening my mind. Derp derp derp......

P.S. the poster right before you tells me that like Duh....I can't find info at those sites because it's a media blackout.

Are you guys the derp twins?
Last I checked, copyright infringement was against the TOS on this forum. The OP complied with forum rules and supplied a link.

I have no idea who the "derp twins" are but can only assume you're trying to cast insults to cover your own embarrassment for missing the obvious.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:56 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,053,112 times
Wow, keep that tin foil hat on when the black helicopters come for you with the shape shifting lizard people.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies