Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 10:42 AM

3,064 posts, read 2,640,177 times

Advertisements

California, of course.

"The mayor of Richmond, Calif. plans to skip her city’s Veterans Day memorial events to attend an Occupy rally, a choice that’s prompting anger and criticism."

"According to the San Francisco Chronicle, she marched in Occupy Oakland’s “general strike” earlier this month — the same march that turned into violent rioting. Asked whether she would support Friday’s protesters if they decide to stay and camp after their rally, she told the Chronicle: “Yeah, I would stand with them for that. I stand with this movement...A message on her website urged Richmond residents to attend the Occupy rally as well, scheduled for 11 a.m. — the same time as the Veterans Day events."

California Mayor Will Skip Veterans Day Memorial for Occupy Rally | TheBlaze.com

Is it any surprise to learn that the notorious Van Jones spoke at this woman's election campaign in 2010?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 10:43 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,219,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
California, of course.

"The mayor of Richmond, Calif. plans to skip her city’s Veterans Day memorial events to attend an Occupy rally, a choice that’s prompting anger and criticism."

"According to the San Francisco Chronicle, she marched in Occupy Oakland’s “general strike” earlier this month — the same march that turned into violent rioting. Asked whether she would support Friday’s protesters if they decide to stay and camp after their rally, she told the Chronicle: “Yeah, I would stand with them for that. I stand with this movement...A message on her website urged Richmond residents to attend the Occupy rally as well, scheduled for 11 a.m. — the same time as the Veterans Day events."

California Mayor Will Skip Veterans Day Memorial for Occupy Rally | TheBlaze.com

Is it any surprise to learn that the notorious Van Jones spoke at this woman's election campaign in 2010?
If I had a dime for every mistruth the Blaze repeated I'd be a millionaire. It might be true, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasnt.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:45 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Wasn't their a poll a few months ago that showed liberals were less patriotic than other Americans? This incident if true seems to follow that pattern.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:46 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Wasn't their a poll a few months ago that showed liberals were less patriotic than other Americans? This incident if true seems to follow that pattern.
Perhaps your definition of patriotism differs from this mayor's and her community's definition.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:46 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,350,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
If I had a dime for every mistruth the Blaze repeated I'd be a millionaire. It might be true, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasnt.

Deflection fail.

Richmond Mayor to skip Veterans Day events for Occupy rally - San Jose Mercury News

Old 11-11-2011, 10:47 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,206,697 times
Just when you thought the loonies in California had thought of everything they come up with a new loony liberal standard...

If it weren't for our veterans these people wouldn't have the liberal paradise they live in now...

Old 11-11-2011, 10:56 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,541,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Just when you thought the loonies in California had thought of everything they come up with a new loony liberal standard...

If it weren't for our veterans these people wouldn't have the liberal paradise they live in now...
Still doesn't compare to the city council of Berkeley telling the US Marines they were unwanted and unwelcomed intruders to their city, ordering their lawyer to find a way to evict the marines from their city, and issuing a free permit to Code Pink to protest outside the Marine recruiting station for months and months. To add to the insult, the city's mayor was also outside the Marine office wearing a pink hat and telling the Marines to get out of his city. To top it all off, most of those council members were re-elected after the incident.

The mayor in the above article has shown her disdain towards the US Military veterans while approving of protestors breaking the law with acts of violence and vandalism.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:56 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
California, of course.

I'll bet she can't give a coherent, principled reason for the occupiers to occupy either. *******s like her just protest against "the man" even when they are elected to office and become "the man". She is so clueless, I'll bet she will be out there chanting "down with the system".

Old 11-11-2011, 10:57 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,485,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Richmond Mayor to skip Veterans Day events for Occupy rally - San Jose Mercury News

Old 11-11-2011, 11:01 AM

1,147 posts, read 909,828 times
Quote:
California, of course.

Not for nuthin, but the best way to pay homage to our fallen troops is to make sure they fell for a reason.

A bunch of politicians standing around for photo-ops is not exactly what these people fought for.

A politician getting out there in the mud with their constituents trying to restore our nation to its former "land of opportunity" status......

....well that's why they died for their country in the first place, isn't it?

Whether you agree with the method or not, this is their intent.

So good on the mayor for throwing convention to the wind, where it belongs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies