Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 11:01 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,334,468 times

Advertisements

I would agree that the psychology of the ghetto probably had some role in this, but I could definitely see white trash kids doing the same thing.

I think the one thing that I see in today's youth is a penchant for committing 'made-for-youtube' crimes. Acts of bullying and random acts of violence seem to be attractive to a mindset which gets easily bored and needs a degree of shock value in order to be stimulated.

I would not be surprised if, in the decades to keep, there are real calls to significantly modify the freedom of speech. I personally am opposed to anything that abridges free speech, but something tells me that the kinds of crimes that will be associated with YouTube and the like will be so offensive to human sensitivities that ordinary people will willingly sign away their rights, based on an irrational fear of the person living next door to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 12:14 PM

6 posts, read 3,960 times
typical.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:19 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,099,202 times
Too bad the man would be a felon in Illinois if he decided to carry the great equalizer for protection

Old 11-12-2011, 12:20 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,164,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Chicagoland Thug Punches Out Old Man On Train

What kind of people are these stupid idiots that would do such a thing?
This is neither Controversial nor Political and the thread should be moved to the

"It has always happened, will always happen , nothing has changed so why are you discussing it"

Forum.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:25 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,471,556 times
"black on black violence accounts for more killings annually than all the lynching in history".
jessie jackson
btw he is neither an idiot nor stupid, he is a vicious hateful cowardly thug.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:31 PM

17,445 posts, read 9,281,227 times
It's called Knockout King ....... it's a real problem in St Louis (and elderly Asian man killed earlier this year). It's been going on for a couple of years and is growing. Most of the attacks are against white people and usually older people, but not always. Most of the "knockout kings" are black, but not always. The media always refers to the attacks as "youths", when they bother to report it at all. Mostly boys (starting at age 12 or so), but girls also now participating and travel with the groups. The Knockout King kids always move in groups.

The Mayor of St Louis found a "Knockout King" victim a couple of weeks ago while driving home from a meeting - he was in pretty bad shape and might not have made it he had not been lucky enough to be on a major street and gotten help. This may not be "political", but it is certainly controversial and is not reported enough. People in Urban areas (particularly in the Mid West) need to be aware of this.

They say "it's fun", "it gives me a high". It's chilling to read some of the accounts of their actions and why they say they do it.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:40 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,604,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
It's called Knockout King ....... it's a real problem in St Louis (and elderly Asian man killed earlier this year). It's been going on for a couple of years and is growing. Most of the attacks are against white people and usually older people, but not always. Most of the "knockout kings" are black, but not always. The media always refers to the attacks as "youths", when they bother to report it at all. Mostly boys (starting at age 12 or so), but girls also now participating and travel with the groups. The Knockout King kids always move in groups.

The Mayor of St Louis found a "Knockout King" victim a couple of weeks ago while driving home from a meeting - he was in pretty bad shape and might not have made it he had not been lucky enough to be on a major street and gotten help. This may not be "political", but it is certainly controversial and is not reported enough. People in Urban areas (particularly in the Mid West) need to be aware of this.

They say "it's fun", "it gives me a high". It's chilling to read some of the accounts of their actions and why they say they do it.
What is worse is that so many people support this type of thing. People have zero respect for the elderly, and zero respect for anyone for that matter. This type of thing would almost never happen in a country like Japan.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:46 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,541,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
What is worse is that so many people support this type of thing. People have zero respect for the elderly, and zero respect for anyone for that matter. This type of thing would almost never happen in a country like Japan.

Japan is a homogenous society, not one made up of a multitude of races and a history of racism. The elderly are rightfully respected in Japan, while this is not always the case in this country.

I won't bother clicking on the OP's video, as they are all the same racially charged, black on white (or black on black) trolling threads that have no business in this forum

Old 11-12-2011, 12:46 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,926,922 times
Quote:

white people do a similar thing except its with a belt. they tie it around there neck and release it just before its too late to "get the high as you described".

one kid i know in high school back in 2003 did that, except he didnt get the belt off in time and ended up dead.

i agree that this is a race troll thread. this type of stuff happens everyday, but you'll never see a video of a white person doing it because the race based posters are only interested when this stuff happens with non whites.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:47 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,164,434 times
Quote:

Oh so THAT's why this thread is considered "controversial"

...people commit violent acts against other people!!!

WOW! NEVER heard of that before in the history of the world!!!

But then again where would the racist have a place to point out how a certain color has done this particular act while pretending THEIR OWN COLOR has never done violence.... racists are stupid...that ain't new!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies