Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2011, 01:54 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
This time of year, Dubai is at it's best.

About 80 degrees and the air is dry. Went out for a drive - convertible weather!!! - but sadly I don't have a convertible so I had to make do with the windows down. Stayed below the speed limit and was mesmerized at what a beautiful day is was. Sat with a glass of chardonney and watched an absolutely beautiful sunset - sky was shades of blue, white, shades of pink, turning to a soft orange until the sun set. Just one of those days that makes you happy to be alive - and it didn't cost a cent!!!!

I had a good day.
Walking out grocery store yesterday...and girls in front of me exclaimed, ''WOW, Look at the awesome beautiful sky.''

It was around 5:00 PM Central time.

I hope we keep this thread going throughout the Christmas season!!

Really has been fun...and inspiring, everyone sharing and caring!

Great Thread!!!

Old 11-13-2011, 03:33 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Hey guys,

It is me checking in again. I am really enjoying reading about other people and what they are doing and how it is cold here in Detroit, Michigan but warm in other areas, lol.

So I just got home-made some YUMMY Korean Noodles and am getting ready to study the night the wedding Friday and mini family birthday party for the little girl. But nonetheless, I am getting ready to head back to campus tomorrow in Dearborn and go through another week. I am not coming home this weekend (sometimes it is nice to have a break from rents) but I def will for Thanksgiving (of course).

Since we are Indian, we do not go all out for Thanksgiving but it will be cool for all of us to be together since we all are school and parents are feeling what it is like to be empty nesters.

Anyone going Black Friday shopping? I have worked the past 3 or 4 Black Fridays but will not this time. I don't think I will be going shopping in the am. Maybe later for some nice deals.

NOTE-This is my thread and so far I have seen conservatives and liberals on here interacting well. PLEASE try to keep political things out of it. I know some of you feel the need to make a snide remark here and there but there are thousands of other threads for that.

Old 11-13-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Hey guys,

Anyone going Black Friday shopping? I have worked the past 3 or 4 Black Fridays but will not this time. I don't think I will be going shopping in the am. Maybe later for some nice deals.

NOTE-This is my thread and so far I have seen conservatives and liberals on here interacting well. PLEASE try to keep political things out of it. I know some of you feel the need to make a snide remark here and there but there are thousands of other threads for that.
Yes, so true!! So far, this Thread supercedes all the disagreement and strife in the daily world!

It's just REFRESHING...in a Unified 'American Way!'

Old 11-13-2011, 03:56 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
No Black Friday shopping for me at brick and mortar stores. I'll be shopping on line.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:06 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
A very simple question that is off topic indeed. Let us put the hatred aside for a moment.

How is everyone and their families doing? Getting excited and ready for the holidays?

Anyone doing anything big or great? Please do share.

Left me in a better mood but also seeking a true love for myself. Will I ever find him?
Too many unknowns in the economy now and in the future for me to spend money.

Keep looking, I believe there is someone out there for everyone.

Old 11-13-2011, 05:56 PM

688 posts, read 1,247,535 times
yummy molasses cookies just out of the oven and DH cooking dinner...and it's not even frosty!!! yet...

Old 11-13-2011, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marska View Post
yummy molasses cookies just out of the oven and DH cooking dinner...and it's not even frosty!!! yet...
How do you make molasses cookies? And what is DH?

Old 11-13-2011, 11:19 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
I'm doing alright. My courses are going very well, I've got two exams this week but they should be fine. I'm getting excited for Thanksgiving break since I get to see my friends who go to school out of the area and see my family as well. I've actually been seeing them quite a bit (I go to school about 40 minutes from my parents' homes) but I haven't spent tons of time with them.

I always have a bit of a bittersweet enjoyment with regards to the holidays. I love the spirit, I love that people seem to be a little friendlier. I love the crisp air, the smell of winter (yeah yeah it's technically still autumn, who cares), the hot chocolatey drinks. But I always feel a bit lonely during the winter as well. It's a very strange season for me; I love spring and autumn, tolerate summer, but I don't know how I feel about winter.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I'm doing alright. My courses are going very well, I've got two exams this week but they should be fine. I'm getting excited for Thanksgiving break since I get to see my friends who go to school out of the area and see my family as well. I've actually been seeing them quite a bit (I go to school about 40 minutes from my parents' homes) but I haven't spent tons of time with them.

I always have a bit of a bittersweet enjoyment with regards to the holidays. I love the spirit, I love that people seem to be a little friendlier. I love the crisp air, the smell of winter (yeah yeah it's technically still autumn, who cares), the hot chocolatey drinks. But I always feel a bit lonely during the winter as well. It's a very strange season for me; I love spring and autumn, tolerate summer, but I don't know how I feel about winter.
~~~~Posts like this are what makes this Thread so good ~~~~

Old 11-14-2011, 12:41 AM

1,365 posts, read 2,609,252 times
It's nowhere near frosty here. 72 outside right now (1:40 am) and our central unit has already been switched over to heating so no air conditioning. I'm a little toasty and finding it hard to concentrate on my review for my micro test on Tuesday haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies