Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 02:11 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,694 times

Advertisements

A guy told me...the coldest winter he ever spent, was a summer night in San Francisco.

Old 11-12-2011, 02:11 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
There was a brutal heat wave here all summer and what killed me was going to NYC in July...the humidity made it impossible to be outside! And the actual temp was cooler!

Old 11-12-2011, 02:24 AM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,732 times
It's not so cold here in Chicagoland (0bamaland)

Im just doing some research here on the CD forums and planning trip through South Dakota and Wyoming in the dead of winter...

Id like to see just how cold and bad the winters really are, I know their bad but these are two free states

Im plotting my escape from this bankrupt state that's been ruined by decades of Leftist management

Other than that just doing some reloading for my trip out to the the rifle range this weekend...

Should have a few more nice loads developed for some mass production over the winter

If I don't make it out of here before you Commies collapse the economy and steal all my wealth Im sure I'll either be killed or sent up to the shovel ready barren northern gulag anyway

Hopefully there will be enough time to get the compound set up and defensible by then, Im not shovel ready...

Last edited by Earlyretired; 11-12-2011 at 03:19 AM..

Old 11-12-2011, 02:53 AM

994 posts, read 1,682,182 times
I miss living in NYC It's sooooo cold here in eastern Europe I am freezing my penguin flippers off So much for being a tough penguin

Old 11-12-2011, 03:03 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,482,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
A very simple question that is off topic indeed. Let us put the hatred aside for a moment.

How is everyone and their families doing? Getting excited and ready for the holidays?

Anyone doing anything big or great? Please do share.

Left me in a better mood but also seeking a true love for myself. Will I ever find him?
Pretty well. I just had dinner with friends last night and had a good night's sleep. Now I'm off for a morning run along Lake Michigan. Should be cool and brisk!

Old 11-12-2011, 03:05 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,482,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Nope I'm and odd Italian and it is all about the White, awwwwwww.
What you really need to taste is my famous homemade Italian cooking, and i cook and bake it all. Have to say myself i am a good cook, sometimes i wish i wasn't.

If you were all here in my neck of the woods in San Clemente Ca, a beautiful beach with beautiful views, i would invite you all to dinner!

On my deck looking at the beach views, and sipping wine with all the goodies i would make.
I LOVE Italian food!

Old 11-12-2011, 04:29 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
This thread makes me miss the States soooooooooooooo much. It's "winter" now in Dubai. 80 degrees and "cool".

I miss the holidays - Thanksgiving and Christmas.
I miss the smell of snow.
I miss walking in the snow.
I miss the smell of rain.
I miss walking in the rain.
I miss the small of "air".
I miss the spirit of THE holidays, especially Christmas when the lights are up and people are out shopping.
I miss sleeping with the window slightly open under a cozy comforter and the room is chilled.
I miss sipping hot chocolate late at nite or going home coming out of the cold/rain/snow.
I miss going to the supermarket and having access to any kind of food with so many choices it makes your head spin.
I miss making a big breakfast on Sunday morning, then spending the day with hubby reading the NYT with nothing but music in the background, then a lovely dinner at home or at a nice restaurant.
I miss Little Italy!!!!!
Most of all, I miss my daughter and grandson.

To all of you I say: enjoy the little things in life. You don't know how much you would miss them if they were no longer there.

BUT............................

If all works out well (from my mouth to God's ear) I will be returning to the US next year!!!!!!

Old 11-12-2011, 05:36 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Late to the thread but.... nice, comfy evening. Fire in the fireplace, candles lit, Chinese take-out (boneless ribs and pork fried rice- OH YEAH!), bottle of Rex Goliath cabernet and my wife and two cats for company.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:29 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,986,432 times
Better late than never... how was the wine doc1?

Modeerf can finally enjoy the Red stuff after years of migraine suffering...One glass, down for the count.

Turns out if you get punched in the nose ( in highschool) it can deviate your septum, and push on a nerve. Wine being inflammatory to the nasal area, would push this little nerve and send me to a dark room in agony.

Nice doctor fixed it, and i can take a whole bottle if i want too.... no migraine or head ache...

Old 11-12-2011, 10:30 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
I'd be doing a lot better if it weren't for these damn Republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies