Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 04:53 PM

791 posts, read 1,435,982 times

Advertisements

You read right.

A few years ago, the people who run the Berlin Zoo noticed that they were running short of penguins. So, they decided to separate some of the um, gay male penguins, and stick them in with some female penguins, in the hope that they would bump their little penguin uglies and make some little penguins. After all, an expedition to the Antarctic to get new penguins is no trivial matter.

The German gays went BALLISTIC! Enforced penguin heterosexuality! We're next!

I'm not kidding.

The point? There's a lot of people in this world who need to lighten up a bit. The love that dared not speak its name has, in the fullness of time, become the love that doesn't know when to shut up.

(I hooked this from the novelist Robertson Davies)

I'm very happy that people who are gay don't have to be worried about getting beaten up and killed for their preference. (yes, I said preference)

But, if you're looking for a round of applause from me, you may wait awhile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 05:36 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,018,709 times
Those male penguins never engaged in penetration, I don't believe.

A group of young male penguins bonding is no different than bachelor bands of young male horses....or any other group of young, immature males.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:37 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,967,235 times
Some people think when a male dog humps, another male dog, that those dogs are gay!! It's called the Animal Kingdom for a reason.............

Old 02-02-2012, 03:23 PM

791 posts, read 1,435,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Those male penguins never engaged in penetration, I don't believe.
No. However, they were observed watching Judy Garland videos, hanging pink curtains on the ice floes, and quacking noises that sounded suspiciously like 'how FABULOUS!'

Old 02-02-2012, 07:45 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,125,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Some people think when a male dog humps, another male dog, that those dogs are gay!! It's called the Animal Kingdom for a reason.............
What is called it when two male birds exclusively hump each other, nest together, either steal eggs and hatch chicks or take in orphaned chicks, and then raised the chicks (with a much higher survival rate than chicks raised in male-female nestings) - and do so year-in-and-year-out monogamously for life?

Old 02-02-2012, 07:52 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,175,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Canada’s gay penguins to be “reunited by spring” - PinkNews.co.uk

I feel so much better now. I can finally sleep well again.

Power to the penguins!
Is buddy technically; gay, bi-sexual, or just gay for the stay?

Quote:
From your source;

Aged 20 and 10 respectively, Buddy had previously mated with a female.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:58 PM

38,650 posts, read 26,440,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Penguins do this in the wild too. As do lions, giraffes, gorillas, etc.

Link?

Old 02-03-2012, 04:27 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,410,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I have a Rat Terrier who humped my leg I guess he's Humosexual
Maybe he's just copying you?

Old 02-03-2012, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
You do know that one wrong doesn't make another right, don't you? Any perversion is wrong no matter who the perp is. Also, most pedophiles were sexually molested when they were young -- see how that works.

Isn't it ironic. When a man sexually abuses a boy, he's probably a heterosexual pedophile? Exactly how does that wash out in the logic river? I'd say they are predatory homosexuals with a preference for young meat, easy prey. The show they put on as being heterosexuals seems to be what is commonly faked. Sad but true.
Nope. 60 years of research says your uninformed opinions are.... uninformed.

And incorrect.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
But they're not gay because being gay doesn't occur in nature.
Of course it does.

Amazon.com: Biological Exuberance: Animal Homosexuality and Natural Diversity (9780312192396): Bruce Bagemihl: Books
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies