Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 05:56 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times

Advertisements

Are there any grown ups around here on the GOP? Obama was simply saying we've gotten lazy when it comes to attracting businesses. The rest of the world is hungry. We need to get that fire in our bellies back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 06:01 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Default 0bama- America's Offical Ball Kicker?? We Are 'Lazy' Now??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I don't remember anywhere in our US constitution that the president was empowered as our nation's ball kicker, so why does he keep kicking the nation in the balls?

Breitbart.tv » Obama: America’s ‘Been A Little Bit Lazy’

"But we’ve been a little bit lazy, I think, over the last couple of decades. We’ve kind of taken for granted -- well, people will want to come here and we aren’t out there hungry, selling America and trying to attract new business into America. And so one of things that my administration has done is set up something called SelectUSA that organizes all the government agencies to work with state and local governments where they’re seeking assistance from us, to go out there and make it easier for foreign investors to build a plant in the United States and put outstanding U.S. workers back to work in the United States of America."

So now he is disparaging our nation by calling us lazy?? Before he kicked in the balls about being lazy, he was busy kicking us in the ball for being "soft" and lacking "ambition":

"I mean, there are a lot of things we can do," Obama told a local NBC affiliate in Orlando last month. "The way I think about it is, you know, this is a great, great country that had gotten a little soft and, you know, we didn't have that same competitive edge that we needed over the last couple of decades. We need to get back on track."

Obama: 'We Have Lost Our Ambition, Our Imagination . . .' | The Weekly Standard

So, the nation's crotch kicking president tells the world that we Americans are lazy, soft, and lack ambition, but...... thank god 0bama is here to steer the nation onto the right track with his brilliant policies.

Oh kaaay...

Another phony outrage, Obama-is-the-root-of-all-evil thread. The Obamaphobes have a VERY deep well of anger.

Old 11-15-2011, 06:05 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,654,107 times
Doesn't the OWS (and Obama's support of it) represent the ultimate in laziness? The current Democratic administration as well as its supporters are all about the "lazy" factor. It goes back to the old saying that Republicans measure success by the number of people they can get off welfare whereas Democrats measure success by the number of people on welfare.

Old 11-15-2011, 06:17 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,331,786 times
But he does have a point, doesn't he? The Chinese and Japanese have, what, twice as many school days as we do? The Chinese do break-neck work at cents on our dollar. While we were borrowing money we didn't have, they were working and saving. Everyone knows this is a fact, so why dispute it now?

Let's just be real, folks. You agree with his message; you just disagree with the messenger.

Old 11-15-2011, 06:36 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Are there any grown ups around here on the GOP? Obama was simply saying we've gotten lazy when it comes to attracting businesses. The rest of the world is hungry. We need to get that fire in our bellies back.
Yup, he said americans have gotten lazy. Doesn't matter the reasoning behind it, really. The fact that a president has called this country lazy is disgusting. No matter the reason.

Especially since it's hardly laziness that is causing the economic environment that he speaks of.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:16 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Judging by the number of able bodied people who ride those wal mart scooters and park in handicap spaces, I'd say yes we are becoming a nation of idiot lazy couch potatoes.
That is your opinion, but the president should not be making disparaging comments ridiculing the people. what the hell has HE ever done in his life to increase America's competitiveness or to "attract new business into America"?

Old 11-15-2011, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
"Speaking to a group of CEOs this weekend President Barack Obama said the U.S. has "been a little bit lazy" about performing in the global marketplace.

We haven't been hungry enough about "selling America" oversees in order to attract new businesses and foreign investment, the president said."

Obama Calls U.S. 'A Little Bit Lazy' About Foreign Investment

You folks have no shame and no honor, spreading and perpetuating lies. It's so embarrassing yet so republican
I quoted the president, and provided links to my sources, if quoting the president means I'm lying to you, then you're a lost cause. Who is he to disparage any of us, he is a man with zero accomplishments in his life, even as president, he is a failure.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:25 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Not only are Americans lazy, but also immature, paranoid, anti-intellectual sucka$$ chumps.
that wasn't a very intellectual response, are you american?

seriously, quit with the badmouthing of the US. what is the point?

it's not a perfect country, but this is a good country-- with good people actively fighting to make it better.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Oh kaaay...

Another phony outrage, Obama-is-the-root-of-all-evil thread. The Obamaphobes have a VERY deep well of anger.
Glad to hear from one of the 0bama sycophants, BTW, 0bama says you are lazy, soft unimaginative, arrogant, divisive and derisive. But that;s okay, since 0bama is perfect.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:31 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post

you know people say his growing up in indonesia isn't relevant, but i do think it is in the way that he sees america.

he doesn't have the same kind of built-in loyalty to americans or their ideals.
Step off.
I grew up in Indonesia (born in NY), but that never affected my ability to see this as the greatest country! I always looked forward to our trips back 'home' every summer, and I was the first to say to anyone, "I'm an American."

My bro has always been into the military and serving his country.

My parents (who immigrated here from India 50 years ago) have always told me what a great place this is...full of opportunity to do anything.

Obama's wacko ideals have nothing to do with where he grew up. I think it has more to do with having been a part of the system that rewards people for not doing jack crap...he doesn't seem to understand that the normal person won't do a damn thing if you give him everything he needs to survive. Typical liberal lack of understanding of humanity.

I do think that this country has gotten soft, what with no one really caring about school, athletes and rappers being the new heroes, and half the country being obese. But that's only going to get worse if we keep paying people to sit on their butts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies