Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 11:12 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,015,823 times

Advertisements

No fan of President Obama, but I must agree with what he said. Wake up and and open your eyes. Could we put together a space program right now? Could we build the Interstate Highway System, without immigrants making up over 80% of the workforce? I mean we cann't get produce out of the fields to feed ourselves. It may not be popular to say what he did, but he was correct when he said it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 11:15 AM

327 posts, read 320,205 times
Obamas policies are not making what you said happenn

Old 11-15-2011, 11:16 AM

35 posts, read 18,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
No fan of President Obama, but I must agree with what he said. Wake up and and open your eyes. Could we put together a space program right now? Could we build the Interstate Highway System, without immigrants making up over 80% of the workforce? I mean we cann't get produce out of the fields to feed ourselves. It may not be popular to say what he did, but he was correct when he said it.
This is our leader who should be leading these ventures.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:17 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
^^This.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:23 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,999,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Are there any grown ups around here on the GOP? Obama was simply saying we've gotten lazy when it comes to attracting businesses. The rest of the world is hungry. We need to get that fire in our bellies back.
Hard to attract business with the high tax rates and local state and federal regulations that Obama said is getting in the way of creating business.Does this guy realize anything he says will take along time to create jobs in our current system? In a previous post I wrote about rare earth element mining it takes 7 to 15 years to get approved to start your business in the mean time you have your investment money being tied up by regulating red tape the process needs to be sped up.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:36 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times
0bama- America's Offical Ball Kicker?? We Are 'Lazy' Now??

That would explain why Obama voted Present as a Senator, and leads from behind. Just let the other grunts carry the water.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:55 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i have a better idea for obama.

use that taxpayer money and help AMERICAN investors build a plant in the US, and put americans back to work.

you know people say his growing up in indonesia isn't relevant, but i do think it is in the way that he sees america.

he doesn't have the same kind of built-in loyalty to americans or their ideals.
That is a very good thought out analogy. I think growing up in Indonesia is relevant, and he deos not see American the way most Americans do.

Truthfully i do not think he has the same built-in loyalty to Americans or our ideals.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:00 PM

912 posts, read 1,332,202 times
I think Americans are lazy .They complain about immigrants taking jobs when no american would do farm work,cleaning duty etc etc .Americans always have to have a certain wage a livable wage .I agree with what he said wholeheartedly.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:00 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,388,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
As a senator Obama voted "present" 129 times. Can't get much lazier than that!

And has not received a W-2 from a legitimate employer since working a few days in an ice cream parlor as a kid.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:12 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
Idiots! Obama is spot on. His reference to laziness has to do with taking exceptionalism for granted. It has nothing to do with you and your work performance. Jeesh, are all rightwingers THAT stupid?! Obama is saying we weren't competitive enough. Is that true or not? Look at our car manufacturers that let Quality be Job #465 and then how much Japan overtook what was "our" industry. Look at how we let millions of manufacturing jobs migrate overseas. We ARE lazy, though, because our country is in ruins and WE need to accept responsibility for that instead of blaming Obama and people we don't like.

If Bush had said the same thing, conservatives would have supported the idea because it goes so well with the heartless derision they pour on the downtrodden. It's OK for them to blame everybody on welfare for being lazy but point that same finger at them for letting their arrogance erode our competitiveness in the marketplace and it just can't be! Obama can't criticize America, that ain't patriotic! Blame is something conservatives never take credit for but they sure insist on holding everyone else accountable for only the things they think are wrong.

A ******* today is worth two conservatives under Bush.

Last edited by mhouse2001; 11-15-2011 at 01:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies