Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 05:10 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,812,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I'm saying that the girls parents aren't doctors, and that the daily mail has a way of posting things that aren't 100% factual.
So you are saying they made up the story, how about the Yorkshire Post - are you saying they made it up as well? If Fox News ran the story, would you believe it then?

A TEENAGER has been left in a “waking coma” after suffering extreme side-effects her family claims are linked to a vaccine against cervical cancer.

Lucy Hinks, 13, saw her health deteriorate soon after having the Cervarix vaccine at school in Wigton, Cumbria, and is now asleep for 23 hours a day and unable to walk or talk.

Other cases are said to include 17-year-old Stacey Jones from Wolverhampton.

She suffered severe brain damage and dozens of epileptic seizures after having the jab in November 2008. Lauren Jackson, who was 12 when she had the vaccine in October last year, was left in a wheelchair after suffering juvenile arthritis which left her on a drip in hospital for weeks.

Mrs Ryalls is calling for the Government and drug manufacturer GlaxoSmithKline to conduct more clinical trials to ensure Cervarix is 100 per cent safe."

Girl of 13 left in
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 05:12 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,198,524 times
Whoa, we should totally stop vaccinating ourselves now. Completely.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:13 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
So you are saying they made up the story, how about the Yorkshire Post - are you saying they made it up as well? If Fox News ran the story, would you believe it then?

A TEENAGER has been left in a “waking coma” after suffering extreme side-effects her family claims are linked to a vaccine against cervical cancer.

Lucy Hinks, 13, saw her health deteriorate soon after having the Cervarix vaccine at school in Wigton, Cumbria, and is now asleep for 23 hours a day and unable to walk or talk.

Other cases are said to include 17-year-old Stacey Jones from Wolverhampton.

She suffered severe brain damage and dozens of epileptic seizures after having the jab in November 2008. Lauren Jackson, who was 12 when she had the vaccine in October last year, was left in a wheelchair after suffering juvenile arthritis which left her on a drip in hospital for weeks.

Mrs Ryalls is calling for the Government and drug manufacturer GlaxoSmithKline to conduct more clinical trials to ensure Cervarix is 100 per cent safe."

Girl of 13 left in

Yep, her family claims.

All I need to know. Show me the scientific story. Millions of young girls have gotten this vaccine, few if any problems, especially none like this.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:20 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,812,567 times
Quote:
Yep, her family claims.

All I need to know. Show me the scientific story. Millions of young girls have gotten this vaccine, few if any problems, especially none like this.
'Her family claims'? those are usually are the ones most concerned about their child's health. How very sympathetic of you. I guess the doctors who are treating them are in on it too. It's a CONSPIRACY.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
'Her family claims'? those are usually are the ones most concerned about their child's health. How very sympathetic of you. I guess the doctors who are treating them are in on it too. It's a CONSPIRACY.

And how did all of that "the families say" work out after the autisim vaccine debate?

Old 11-16-2011, 06:49 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
It isn't just being carried in the Daily Mail. There are other UK newspapers carrying it.

Girl of 13 left in

This is not a liberal v conservative issue. From the article ........

“After use of more than five million doses in the UK alone, no serious new safety issues have been identified with Cervarix.

The MHRA published its evaluation of reports for Cervarix at Human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine : MHRA.

Around 3,000 women are diagnosed with cervical cancer each year and about 1,000 die from it."

So, there is clearly a question of the 'greater good'. But there is also a need for continued research as there are, evidently, isolated cases where there is a serious reaction.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:56 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
Quote:
But has the vaccine been found to be the specific cause of the condition?

Here's an example. I'm a smoker. One day I go to the doctor because I've been having pain whenever I take deep breaths. Before going, I have a burrito from Chipotle. I go to the doc's office, he does some scans and tests, and diagnoses me with cancer.

The burrito gave me cancer.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
It isn't just being carried in the Daily Mail. There are other UK newspapers carrying it.

Girl of 13 left in

This is not a liberal v conservative issue. From the article ........

“After use of more than five million doses in the UK alone, no serious new safety issues have been identified with Cervarix.

The MHRA published its evaluation of reports for Cervarix at Human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine : MHRA.

Around 3,000 women are diagnosed with cervical cancer each year and about 1,000 die from it."

So, there is clearly a question of the 'greater good'. But there is also a need for continued research as there are, evidently, isolated cases where there is a serious reaction.

Again, no scientific study, and "the parents say"

Just like they said about the Autisim link to vaccines.

Parents aren't doctors

Old 11-16-2011, 07:07 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
Quote:
Again, no scientific study, and "the parents say"

Just like they said about the Autisim link to vaccines.

Parents aren't doctors
That is true. But it would not be the first time there have been isolated cases of a severe reaction to vaccines. When I was a child I had an adverse reaction to whooping cough vaccine. The doctors insisted I should have the full course. My parents said no. My parents were right as the full course was subsequently found to cause brain damage in isolated cases (I just got whooping cough).

I am not suggesting that use of the vaccine be halted. But I do think that there is a prima facie case for further research.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
That is true. But it would not be the first time there have been isolated cases of a severe reaction to vaccines. When I was a child I had an adverse reaction to whooping cough vaccine. The doctors insisted I should have the full course. My parents said no. My parents were right as the full course was subsequently found to cause brain damage in isolated cases (I just got whooping cough).

I am not suggesting that use of the vaccine be halted. But I do think that there is a prima facie case for further research.

I fully support full medical research on it. No problems with that. What I do have a problem with is when someone says that they know this is the cause, when its all speculation, and an extremely isolated case.

Let science work it out, science isn't biased, it can be questioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies