Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2011, 01:40 PM

437 posts, read 792,861 times

Advertisements

Speaking as an idiot middle class worker, why are lobbyists even allowed to influence government types. It seems the lobbyists may pay off whomever, whenever needed, and may write legislation appropriate for their clients. There may be approximately 30,000 lobbyists conspiring with 20,000 co conspirators in Washington. Why REALLY?

Here is a shovel ready project, build a bunch of white-collar prisons and arrest all lobbyists for conspiracy to commit bribery, treason, and sedition.

Where is the outrage from our local churches that one sees on every corner? Where is the outrage from the local newspapers that complain because of loss of revenue?

SUPERCOMMITTEE really, I mean you couldn't cut the budget? Why, were all the payoffs not turned in on time. REALLY?

Last edited by jdrtx; 11-21-2011 at 01:44 PM.. Reason: better grammar for my high school english teacher
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 03:10 PM

59,088 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrtx View Post
Speaking as an idiot middle class worker, why are lobbyists even allowed to influence government types. It seems the lobbyists may pay off whomever, whenever needed, and may write legislation appropriate for their clients. There may be approximately 30,000 lobbyists conspiring with 20,000 co conspirators in Washington. Why REALLY?

Here is a shovel ready project, build a bunch of white-collar prisons and arrest all lobbyists for conspiracy to commit bribery, treason, and sedition.

Where is the outrage from our local churches that one sees on every corner? Where is the outrage from the local newspapers that complain because of loss of revenue?

SUPERCOMMITTEE really, I mean you couldn't cut the budget? Why, were all the payoffs not turned in on time. REALLY?
Before you throw them all in jail, how about getting some laws passed so you can charge them with violating those laws.

I really think you don't know much about lobbyists.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:19 PM

858 posts, read 2,993,868 times
These leaders (LOL) should really be ashamed of themselves for putting politics ahead of our country's well being and the American people.

They are a bunch of rich snobs who do not have a clue what it's like to be middle class and poor. They are also a bunch of tools who are afraid to break party lines to do what's right.

Their inability to make the right decisions will push more of the middle class into the poor, and more poor into the homeless.

Of course, I haven't told you anything you don't already know.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:21 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrtx View Post
If I find out that my government is trying to ban potatoes from school lunch menus, and myself and other farming families have been growing and selling food to my local school for 150 years, I may want to lobby my congressman, in and attempt to reason with him in hopes he may reconsider this irresponsible move by the federal government. What is wrong with that?

Old 11-21-2011, 03:22 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,952,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Before you throw them all in jail, how about getting some laws passed so you can charge them with violating those laws.

I really think you don't know much about lobbyists.
Well we passed a law on campaign contributions and SCOTUS said it was unconstitutional. Activist judges.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:24 PM

23,561 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Wrong, jail the weak kneed unethical characters who pass the laws. the lobbyists have the right to lobby, the legislators have no right to take bribes. Of course if you can prove someone took a bribe then they would have broken the law.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:47 PM

......."Before you throw them all in jail, how about getting some laws passed so you can charge them with violating those laws.

I really think you don't know much about lobbyists"...............

Guess what, I listed three of them and while you are checking, also google the Constitution. Comprehension is not your strong suite.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:50 PM

Here's a foreign concept Wapasha, don't ask me to pay for your stuff and I won't ask you to pay for mine.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:53 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,389,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
If I find out that my government is trying to ban potatoes from school lunch menus, and myself and other farming families have been growing and selling food to my local school for 150 years, I may want to lobby my congressman, in and attempt to reason with him in hopes he may reconsider this irresponsible move by the federal government. What is wrong with that?

Exactly. Every time you vote, you are lobbying for one candidate over another.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:57 PM

A lobbyist equals a vote?

God help us all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies