Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 05:48 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
i believe the saying is: you make a deal with the devil, you get burned.
yep. avoid b of A., jpmorgan and Wellsfargo..their interest is 30% and all their customer service is now in Bangladesh, phillipines or Mexico.

whores for interest and usury, unregulated by govt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 05:50 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Big banks stock have been taking a beating. Corporations know that the best way to increase your stock prices in the short term is to announce job cuts. This is what they are doing. Unfortunately for their employees they are nothing more than tools to drive up executive compensation based on the shares of their stock bonuses increasing.
They are taking a beating because they gambled on Greece and Italy. Time to learn their lesson the hard way instead of bailing em out. Of course who knows what the fed has decided to back with taxpayer money for all these folks.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:55 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Seems to be some inconsistancy from the conservatives here. First, they were saying that the OWS movement would have no effect on Wall Street, and now they are saying that they are causing them to have to lay employees off. Well which is it. Please make up your minds.
They've been very consistent in eating their own or at least putting other 99%'ers out of work and business.

On a side note, now you know the people that do create and provide jobs...

Old 11-18-2011, 06:02 PM

lol . Bank of America creates jobs in bangladesh. Are u happy for that?

god bless you. interesting the far right never understands corporate fascism until it affects their personal food supply.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:14 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
lol . Bank of America creates jobs in bangladesh. Are u happy for that?

god bless you. interesting the far right never understands corporate fascism until it affects their personal food supply.
They provided plenty of jobs during the bubble. I know, I housed plenty of them. The economy is moving away from investment banking en masse.

You know the saying, change or get left behind.

What's bad is the left claims to be for poor people. Well, they're helping much poorer people (who don't feel entitled to a job an a certain income) in droves and the left hates it, with a passion.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:17 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
this is coming from a wicked source (banks) but all american workers are anti organized labor. what they cant see is they are not guna make supervisor next month and they are indeed the workers. they need unions.
the great illusion of american labor, if i do a good job and am honest the company will treat me fairly.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
In a move by big banks to show stock owners that they are acting more prudently, they are going to lay of 75,000 employees. Of course, compensation at the top remains unchanged.

A week of Wall Street layoffs - Nov. 18, 2011
Thanks for the update. banksters shld know that some professionals with options will refuse to ever buy housing and deal with their trash customer servicing b.s. sub-prime mortgage servicing outsourcing....If jpmorgan chase offered me a 10% CD I wouldnt trust them...they are pure felons.

Thanks to the Fed and banksters lets see how this rolls out in the next 5 years

Old 11-18-2011, 06:21 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
Its time for me to join the credit union.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:49 PM

I love how one cannot via personal email send something without an offensive POS bank of amerika red white and blue ad popping up...saying 'message sent". Thanks 4the permission...lol

...B of A can go to Hades..Former Ops manager for them, i know what they do to people....they are pure criminals.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:52 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougfan View Post
Here's a homework assignment if you feel up to it:

1) Pick any "big bank" you'd prefer and look up their financial report for the year and look at an expense called "Compliance" - I'd bet you'd be surprised how large that expense is!

2) This will be a fun one, I promise - Start reading the regulations on banks - Start with "A". Don't stop with "D" or even "GG" - read them all, get back w/ us in a few months (or years, it may take you that long) and if you still feel we need more regulations, than at least you'll be qualified to speak on it.

Deal? - or do political talking heads who refuse to enforce current regs sound reasonable?

Well here is homework for you. Tell me if states can regulate banks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies