Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 03:47 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,499,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Scates View Post
No, anyone born between the years 1960 to 2011 are the ones that are destroying this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2016, 04:42 PM

27,220 posts, read 46,854,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinE View Post
Nothing of any real worth has been produced by those born post 1970. Sure there is Google and Facebook, but they pale in comparison to the achievements of generations past.
I actually enjoyed the music the best during the time frame you mentioned and so do many others I know so I assume the artists and everyone related/affiliated to them must have done very well too!

Old 10-06-2016, 05:21 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,882,595 times
I think people born in the 1970s are sort of the forgotten generation between Generation X and Millennials.

There is a huge sense of superficial materialism amongst millennials. It is almost comical how pretentious they are.

The emphasis on materialism is unlike anything I have ever seen. There is more advertising then ever and it seems like most is geared towards big-spending and debt-loving millennials.

Being popular and liked is more important then ever in today's culture, so many millennials go out there way to make themselves seem unique and special.

I think back when there was more of a blue-collar economy where things weren't so much a dog and pony show that people were far, far less pretentious because there wasn't really as much of a premium to be earned career and personally for popularity.

Personal news feeds where they are the star of their newscast. It is amazing how much of people's time is spent on self-promotion and friendships that are solely for advancing careers.

There are many millennials who actually act like celebrities in real life just because they have alot of like's and follow's based on social media.

Overall, I just find people who are not millennials much nicer to be around.

Old 10-06-2016, 05:23 PM

7,736 posts, read 5,010,318 times
Forgive me, but aren't the Majority of people running this country into the ground right now born before 1970?

Old 10-06-2016, 06:23 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,915,017 times
Thumbs down *

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinE
Nothing of any real worth has been produced by those born post 1970.
I disagree!!!

Beautiful analogue music was produced in the 70s..... LAST PURE DECADE!!!! (The 80s it started getting harder to find good analog sound)

Old 10-06-2016, 07:17 PM

176 posts, read 421,757 times
I understand this thread was started in 2011 and I could have lived my whole life with out ever reading it.
Anyone who actually believes this about people born between these years or any other years are just plain ignorant.
There are winners and losers in every generation or race and if people can not figure that out they are really sheltered or screwed up.
I raised 4 kids born between these years and everyone of them have a better work ethic and drive than a lot of people I know from several other generations.
They all make me proud of them and their kids always.
All my kids have taken they're own path in life and done very well from a nurse to a landscaper they all take care of them selves with out being a burden on the tax payers of this country.
There are a lot of other generations that can not say that.

Old 10-06-2016, 07:20 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,300,133 times
Survivors of the genocide of the unborn. Any reason why they should believe their life or yours matters?

Old 10-06-2016, 07:23 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,252,968 times
Since our Big Government has vilified the white male, set up windfalls for Big Business and Big Finance scammers, taxed all incentive out of what few jobs are left, and in short made anyone who works for a living feel like a sucker, we've made it IMPOSSIBLE for anyone born after 1960 to make a difference (or even earn a decent retirement).

The liberal Progressives have created a "no-win" society for everyone who isn't born filthy rich.

Old 10-06-2016, 07:39 PM

21,506 posts, read 10,632,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Exactly. Gen X is the US last hope.
I'm Gen X, and I was born in 1968. Glad I wasn't one of those worthless post-60's kids.

Old 10-06-2016, 07:42 PM

21,506 posts, read 10,632,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
haha I agree. The neighbor kid gets out of his car and for some reason think it's ok to walk over to my trash can, lift up the lid and throw his cup of soda away......He looked right at me too.....I just so happened to be out cleaning my garage. It's not a big deal but it's this "me" or the world revolves around "me" attitude I can't stand about young kids nowadays. And his mother doesn't say anything to him or was oblivious as usual. If my kid did that I would have said hey don't throw your crap away in someone else's trashcan without asking.

I was at the park the other day walking my dog and there were three adolescent kids running around. No problem right? Wrong....these little fockers were running around laughing as they were screaming at the top of their lungs........this is right across from an old folk's home and a usually quiet neighborhood. I'm all for kids being kids and acting crazy but for god's sake ............these kids were screaming like they were in a haunted house and for no reason.......but guess what the worst part is???? Their idiot mother was right next to them laughing..............

I think people in general nowadays just have this attitude like they could give a crap about how their actions and behavior affects others. We can blame kids all we want but at the end of the day they usually have too stupid parents raising them. I live in a very uppity middle class neighborhood in OC and nowhere is it more apparent. So many spoiled kids and clueless parents.

Don't get me started on the idiot mexicans who bring their babies and little toddlers into the hopsital units and let them run around loud and crazy. I say mexicans because I never see any other people bringing their kids. It's just not a place for kids to be for health reasons number one, least of all babies.

Like I said stupid parents everywhere.
Sarcasm I hope. If not, what's wrong with kids playing outside? Or throwing away trash in a trash can?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies