Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2011, 08:17 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,726,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinE View Post
Nothing of any real worth has been produced by those born post 1970. Sure there is Google and Facebook, but they pale in comparison to the achievements of generations past.
If you think that Boomers or Generation X were bad, you might as well jump off a bridge, because the post 1990 crowd is just warming up.

And if you are of the post 1990 generation, you would be reading this at work, while complaining that you were underpaid for the 1.2 hours a day of actual effort that you put in, and besides, you would have already been distracted by such important thing as Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube, so it's unlikely that I risk offending you personally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 08:28 AM

2,904 posts, read 6,927,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yep. Typical CD inkblot test.

Start a thread about chocolate chip cookies here and before long it will be rants about liberals or neo-cons, blacks, jews, communists, Obama, Bush.....blah blah blah.

1% of the US population has a serious mental illness, I think that % is low for this forum.
Yes I think overall the group would be fascinating to psychiatric researchers!

Old 11-22-2011, 08:38 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,484,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I dunno, but it seems like the kids born in the late 80's and early 90's are the most spoiled and entitled I have ever met in my life.
Thank you, I was going to say the same thing. It's 100% accurate. I bet the OP is in that generation. LOL

Old 11-22-2011, 08:56 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,288,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
The generation referenced here is not at fault. They were set-up by a Marxism having taken-over the curriculums. This generation, just like this worst of Puppet Presidents has been slowly orchestrated for just a time as we are very, slowly entering.
Agreed, this generation is extremely spoiled, entitled, and irresponsible but it's not their fault. It's the fault of their self-indulgent parents that thought "good parenting" meant just buying their kids everything they wanted and letting Hollywood parent them and then the public school system which indoctrinated them from Kindergarten through college with far-left Marxist values.

Last edited by bchris02; 11-22-2011 at 09:13 AM..

Old 11-22-2011, 08:57 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,880,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Agreed, this generation is extremely spoiled, entitled, and irresponsible but it's not their fault. It's the fault of their self-indulgent parents that thought "good parenting" meant just buying their kids everything they wanted and letting the TV teach them and then the public school system which indoctrinated them from Kindergarten through college with far-left Marxist values.
Can't blame them for living through it, and as KevinE would attest to... those were the good times.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:58 AM

220 posts, read 372,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinE View Post
Nothing of any real worth has been produced by those born post 1970. Sure there is Google and Facebook, but they pale in comparison to the achievements of generations past.
I don't think that is fair, and I'm a baby boomer. I actually think the boomers are the biggest sellouts. We pushed to bring about big changes, and when it got to be too long of a fight or sacrifice, we just absorbed into the very system we were going to change. Boomers are also guilty of being "spoiled" and entitled.

It was the civi rights movement and the wrongness of the Vietnam War that galvanized discontent and mass protests. These days, there seems to be a general malaise over the US public that is dampening any spirit to protest, although there are more issues than ever to be mad about.

If the Congress starts to seriously cut Social Security or Medicare benefits, the Boomers will rise again!! And the wise know it!

Old 11-22-2011, 09:01 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,173,257 times
Didn't read all the posts, but I'll tell you this: The Internet is by far the most significant and important invention in the history of mankind. No other invention has brought the world together through mass communication in an instantaneous and widespread access level that the internet has done.

Anyone in the world can instantly communicate with anyone else.

Instant access to more information (correct or incorrect) than any single library, or any number of libraries in the world, combined.

Ability to express your voice, market your business, spread your voice, share your information, on a GLOBAL level.

The internet came from that generation.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:02 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,972,671 times
I agree Millenials are much more of a consumer culture. But you cannot call us spoiled and deny the roles of the Baby Boomers in that. Are we to believe that Baby Boomers were starving and slaving away giving all of their money to their children?
Baby Boomers created the "Credit Card Culture" and lived beyond their means like no other generation. Don't act like Baby Boomers didn't spoil themselves first, it just "trickled down" to the kids, lol. We weren't the ones borrowing against our house when home values were inflated and overvalued.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:08 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,677,136 times
Are any of you who are complaining about the post 1990 crowd parents? My daughter was born in 2002, and I think she's turning out pretty nicely. At the ripe old age of nine, soon to be ten, she knows it's important to treat others with respect and always do her best in all she does. I think she'll be ok.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:18 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,675,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Walking on a worthless piece if rock? Lol. Your generation can keep your big rock. I'll keep my Facebook. Thanks.
Off topic, but:

The moon is hardly worthless.

Look up what would happen on Earth if the moon was gone..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies