Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 07:55 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,132,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Yuo're way off target here, you had better check your terminology, this is far from crypto racism. Don't read into it!
I'm right on target.

This OP has an agenda, and it ain't the welfare of the nation. There is a consistent pattern of behavior here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 07:57 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post
You could memorize the Hippocratic oath and say it out loud- guess what it'd mean- it'd mean nothing.
I don't think it is quite as innocuous as that. The same could be said of prayer. It means nothing to non believers so why all the hub bub?

Old 11-23-2011, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
I'm right on target.

This OP has an agenda, and it ain't the welfare of the nation. There is a consistent pattern of behavior here.
Nah, anyone who continuously throws out he charge of racism, can't be taken seriously.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:05 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
That's true; he's very consistent in his postings.

Although on the other hand, I must say that I wouldn't recite another country's pledge of allegiance, either. Only in the United States could this be a 'controversy.'

Old 11-23-2011, 08:12 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,260,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
It may interest people, Spanish comes from Spain, why recite the Mexican Pledge of Allegiance?
Simple logic. It makes sense to most people. Clearly, there's an agenda.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Nah, anyone who continuously throws out he charge of racism, can't be taken seriously.
Then it's a good thing I only throw it out when I see it.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:29 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I am reminded of when John McEnroe refused to bow to the Duchess of Kent at Wimbledon. As an American, we are not subservient to any foreign nobility. He was banned from the Wimbledon Tennis Club, but he was right. Obama should take a lesson from McEnroe before bowing to foreign Kings like Abdullah of Saudi Arabia. The girl was right and did the right thing.
Excellent.

The problem with all those other students, is that the USA means only the American money, they value nothing else. The one student was an exception to that. We do not give our allegiance to any other nation.

This is just like forcing Jewish students to recite the Hail Mary or forcing atheist students into making the Creed. You don't do it. The teacher should be fired.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Then it's a good thing I only throw it out when I see it.
Unfortunately, that I not the case.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Unfortunately, that I not the case.
Back it up. You can find many threads where I rolled my eyes at others playing the race card where I thought it was inappropriate.

I've got my evidence. This guy posts about nothing but immigration issues and he's only concerned about immigration by "brown" people.

It's a nearly daily rant. And the nature of the rant is tied directly to cultural and racial prejudice.

This thread is a good example of crypto-racism. They'll dance around the issue and throw out proxies and euphemisms, but at the end of the day, it's about the identity of the immigrants, not immigration per se.

He can dress it up all he likes and try to make it about some patriotic sentiment all he likes, but no one would get this torqued about something so trivial without there being a more underlying, visceral prejudice.

I stand by my statement.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Back it up. You can find many threads where I rolled my eyes at others playing the race card where I thought it was inappropriate.

I've got my evidence. This guy posts about nothing but immigration issues and he's only concerned about immigration by "brown" people.

It's a nearly daily rant. And the nature of the rant is tied directly to cultural and racial prejudice.

This thread is a good example of crypto-racism. They'll dance around the issue and throw out proxies and euphemisms, but at the end of the day, it's about the identity of the immigrants, not immigration per se.

He can dress it up all he likes and try to make it about some patriotic sentiment all he likes, but no one would get this torqued about something so trivial without there being a more underlying, visceral prejudice.

I stand by my statement.

I have no inclination to do so. Anyone who would make this issue about race, is clearly a race baiter. Stand by what you like, but again one who injects race into discussions where it is not involved, is the person with no argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies