Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 09:14 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,631,313 times

Advertisements

Live Better??? Yeah Right!!!

Family Says They Bought Chicken Full of Maggots | Corpus Christi, TX | KRISTV.com | (http://www.kristv.com/news/family-says-they-bought-chicken-full-of-maggots1/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2010, 09:17 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,538,276 times
I do like Walmart but we don't buy our meat there. We buy our meat from a local family store.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:17 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,411,323 times
but evidently the other 119,000,000 Americans that shopped at Walmart this week didn't have any complaints.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:26 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,032,105 times
what gets me is people think walmart is cheaper. they were when they were taking over your town but re check.where I shop in cortez safeway and city market are cheaper but nobody can touch Mancos on meat prices or quality.if i need kitchen or housewares i go to kmart in NM the closest one to actually buy something that will last longer than 6 mos. dont miss walmart

Old 10-09-2010, 09:33 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,855,128 times
How many millions are they suing WalMart for because of this?

Old 10-09-2010, 09:33 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,012,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
what gets me is people think walmart is cheaper. they were when they were taking over your town but re check.where I shop in cortez safeway and city market are cheaper but nobody can touch Mancos on meat prices or quality.if i need kitchen or housewares i go to kmart in NM the closest one to actually buy something that will last longer than 6 mos. dont miss walmart
That is totally true. Walmart and their predatory introductory prices do change, and the prices from one Wallyworld to another, within the same town sometimes are markedly different as well.

I only buy meat from a local farm nearby. I would never buy edibles from Walmart, Target, Costco, or other gen. merch. stores. Too risky.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:39 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,032,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
That is totally true. Walmart and their predatory introductory prices do change, and the prices from one Wallyworld to another, within the same town sometimes are markedly different as well.
the walmart in durango is way higher than cortez. when it comes to prices my memory is like a steel trap cause I'm cheap and want quality

Old 10-09-2010, 09:39 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
The Market is more expensive then the Superstore.

I don't shop in Walmart any more except for a ramen noodles that my DD likes that they don't have in my regular grocery store.

Old 10-09-2010, 10:39 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,194,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Walmart, at least in Alaska, is a lot cheaper than a few other stores, but not on all items. For example, automobile synthetic oils are quite cheap at Walmart ($23.00 per gal. versus $46.00 at NAPA). Safeway up here is the most expensive. Fred Mayer is cheaper than Safeway, and so Sam's Club. My wife and I buy a little meat at the military store nearby, and at Fred Mayer or Sam's club, and the rest is just wild game such as moose. We eat a lot of wild salmon, and just a little meat (perhaps six times per month).

Tarps and some of the hunting/camping stuff is cheaper at Walmart, and so tires, but batteries are as expensive as in other places.

Old 10-09-2010, 10:52 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Walmart, at least in Alaska, is a lot cheaper than a few other stores, but not on all items. For example, automobile synthetic oils are quite cheap at Walmart ($23.00 per gal. versus $46.00 at NAPA). Safeway up here is the most expensive. Fred Mayer is cheaper than Safeway, and so Sam's Club. My wife and I buy a little meat at the military store nearby, and at Fred Mayer or Sam's club, and the rest is just wild game such as moose. We eat a lot of wild salmon, and just a little meat (perhaps six times per month).

Tarps and some of the hunting/camping stuff is cheaper at Walmart, and so tires, but batteries are as expensive as in other places.
It's the same here in California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies