Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2011, 04:44 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times

Advertisements

Is beating the goat similar to spanking the monkey?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 04:46 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Is beating the goat similar to spanking the monkey?

Or Choking the Chicken. LMAO!!!!

Old 11-29-2011, 04:55 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,661,720 times
What a disgrace. That clown has no business wearing a uniform.

You want to kill something? How about killing some f u cking terrorists. Last I heard, there are plenty still running around Afghanistan.

This is what happens when we overextend ourselves fighting multiple wars. The standards are lowered just to get warm bodies in. The same thing happened in Vietnam.

Unfortunately, these guys will come home and be called "heroes" for "fighting for our freedom." Don't get me wrong, there are real heroes over there but these guys aren't them.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:57 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Angry disgusting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
I'm anything but a PETA member, but is anyone else disturbed by this? Jesus no wonder the rest of the world hates us.

*WARNING GRAPHIC FOOTAGE* - US SOLDIERS KILLING A SHEEP WITH A BASEBALL BAT - YouTube

There is simply no excuse for that.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:58 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Unfortunately, these guys will come home and be called "heroes" for "fighting for our freedom." Don't get me wrong, there are real heroes over there but these guys aren't them.

This is the part that bothers me. Unless these sadistic scumbags receive some kind of serious punishment, I have lost a lot of respect for our military and everyone that wears the uniform. This kind of stuff is completely unacceptable, especially while in uniform representing me and other Americans.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:01 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
What a disgrace. That clown has no business wearing a uniform.

You want to kill something? How about killing some f u cking terrorists. Last I heard, there are plenty still running around Afghanistan.

This is what happens when we overextend ourselves fighting multiple wars. The standards are lowered just to get warm bodies in. The same thing happened in Vietnam.

What uniform?

Old 11-29-2011, 05:10 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
For those of us who've actually worked in slaughter houses; this comes across as simply brutal without reason.

As a public schooler, I made summer money using a long hook with a handle to grab the chickens that had gotten out of their crates being delivered to the processing plant. This little job gave me access to the whole building and I witnessed all aspects of the processing of chickens from arrival to packaging. I also worked one summer at a beef processing plant and am aware that laws have existed on the north american continent for decades at least that preclude the unwarranted suffering of animals being slaughtered.

No one can make a credible case of comparison between the certified and licensed slaughterhouse operation and that video. One is as reasonably humane as it gets (without an injection of anesthetic) and the other is simply a barbaric theocraticly ordained disrespect for another sentient being while deriving entertainment and pleasure from it. No excuse for it.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:14 PM

417 posts, read 365,715 times
I won't lie, this video made me sick. Nothing funny about it or even humane. I don't understand why people have to do things like this to other sentient creatures. If you wanted to kill the thing, shoot it humanely.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:17 PM

656 posts, read 648,501 times
Shame. This is what our military is teaching US soldiers, every day, in Afghanistan.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:19 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
I'm not an animal rights person either but he should be found and punished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies