Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 05:20 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,681,822 times

Advertisements

I too believe if more people would pay attention to Huntsman, the man would not only win the GOP primary but the general election as well in a landslide. It irks me to no end that the MSM are not covering him as much as they are the other candidates. I guess it's up to those of us who support him to get the word out. I am trying to do the best I can with the people I know and have made a few converts. I am also driving all my Facebook friends nuts with Huntsman quotes and updates but I figure if I have to read all their silly updates, they can handle a few of mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 05:26 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,621,688 times
well, you'd need a flood of independents hitting the primary polls to attempt a coup on the existing republican party base.

good luck with that.

Old 11-30-2011, 07:51 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,638,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
IMO. It would be a landslide for Huntsman. The guy is clean as a whistle and the absolutely most qualified candidate on Domestic AND Foreign affairs issues.
I agree. If the Republicans were still a rational party that cared about winning, they'd nominate Huntsman. It wouldn't even be close. It would be like the 1984 election. Obama would get a state or two. A Huntsman administration would rebuild the party and undo the damage that Bush did to it.

Old 11-30-2011, 07:56 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
I too believe if more people would pay attention to Huntsman, the man would not only win the GOP primary
Unfortunately, no. The religious right would never allow it.

Quote:
but the general election as well in a landslide. It irks me to no end that the MSM are not covering him as much as they are the other candidates.
Absolutely. See the conundrum?

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

In this average of recent polls, Obama has an 8.7% lead over Huntsman. By comparison, Obama has a 9.6% lead over Perry, a 10.2% lead over Cain, and a 14% lead over Bachmann.

For most people, Huntsman is the candidate they are least familiar with. Heck, lots of people have never even heard of him. Yet he still does better than Perry or Cain, both recent frontrunners, in the average of general election polls. And many of these polls were before some of Perry's more recent gaffes and before some of Cain's history was revealed.

The polls indicate that many people want a Republican over Obama (see the Republican vs. Obama polls...0.5% lead for the unnamed Republican) but, when specific candidates are mentioned, even Romney only beats him in the polls occasionally.

Jon Huntsman is exactly the type of candidate many of these people are looking for.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 11-30-2011 at 08:07 AM.. Reason: spelling error

Old 11-30-2011, 08:02 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,957,711 times
Any chance Obama would put forth a plan like this? Considering his connections with Wall Street, I'd say no.

I think Huntsman is running for 2016. He's getting his name out there is hoping to be the one to breath new life into the corpse of the Republican Party after next year's bloodletting. That's my hope anyway.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:16 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,171,370 times
Quote:
I too believe if more people would pay attention to Huntsman, the man would not only win the GOP primary but the general election as well in a landslide. It irks me to no end that the MSM are not covering him as much as they are the other candidates. I guess it's up to those of us who support him to get the word out. I am trying to do the best I can with the people I know and have made a few converts. I am also driving all my Facebook friends nuts with Huntsman quotes and updates but I figure if I have to read all their silly updates, they can handle a few of mine.
Huntsman has gotten more coverage than his poll numbers would lead you to believe. Other candidates who have polled in Huntsman's range like Gary Johnson have been completely ignored. And Ron Paul, who has consistantly polled much higher than Huntsman gets even less coverage than Huntsman.

The media, like the governement, wants to pick the winners and losers.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:04 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Unfortunately, no. The religious right would never allow it.

Absolutely. See the conundrum?

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

In this average of recent polls, Obama has an 8.7% lead over Huntsman. By comparison, Obama has a 9.6% lead over Perry, a 10.2% lead over Cain, and a 14% lead over Bachmann.

For most people, Huntsman is the candidate they are least familiar with. Heck, lots of people have never even heard of him. Yet he still does better than Perry or Cain, both recent frontrunners, in the average of general election polls. And many of these polls were before some of Perry's more recent gaffes and before some of Cain's history was revealed.

The polls indicate that many people want a Republican over Obama (see the Republican vs. Obama polls...0.5% lead for the unnamed Republican) but, when specific candidates are mentioned, even Romney only beats him in the polls occasionally.

Jon Huntsman is exactly the type of candidate many of these people are looking for.
I know you want Huntsman to win, but you're ignoring one huge fact. Huntsman loses to Obama by 8.7 and gets significant media coverage for someone who polls so low. Obama beats Ron Paul by 7.7. As much as you'd love to liberalize the GOP, it ain't gonna happen. Liberals can wish that the GOP is going to liberalize, but it's not going to happen. The only 2 people that have a chance to beat Obama are Romney and Paul. Huntsman would poll well in a country like Canada or the UK, but not here. And I think that's a good thing. By the way, Paul is 4 times more likely to capture the GOP nomination than Huntsman. It's on RCP's website

Old 11-30-2011, 10:09 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,073,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I know you want Huntsman to win, but you're ignoring one huge fact. Huntsman loses to Obama by 8.7 and gets significant media coverage for someone who polls so low. Obama beats Ron Paul by 7.7. As much as you'd love to liberalize the GOP, it ain't gonna happen. Liberals can wish that the GOP is going to liberalize, but it's not going to happen. The only 2 people that have a chance to beat Obama are Romney and Paul. Huntsman would poll well in a country like Canada or the UK, but not here. And I think that's a good thing
The problem is that the establishment does not want change. The fact that Huntsman WANTS to break up big banks is why the media (by order of their handlers) will NEVER allow someone with a real message to be heard and thus remain unknown to the masses

This is why the 2 candidates given to the people will be Romney and Obama (both represent the elites and Wall St bankers)

Old 11-30-2011, 10:11 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
The problem is that the establishment does not want change. The fact that Huntsman WANTS to break up big banks is why the media (by order of their handlers) will NEVER allow someone with a real message to be heard and thus remain unknown to the masses

This is why the 2 candidates given to the people will be Romney and Obama (both represent the elites and Wall St bankers)
In any other election, Huntsman would be today's Romney. Huntsman is no constitutional conservative by any stretch of the imagination. I wouldn't trust him with your own mother. Romney is the chosen one by the elite, as I've recently found out. Why? Goldman Sachs is the biggest donor that Romney has.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:43 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
I know you want Huntsman to win, but you're ignoring one huge fact. Huntsman loses to Obama by 8.7 and gets significant media coverage for someone who polls so low.
Why do I hear far more about all the other candidates except Gary Johnson? Who is giving Huntsman so much coverage?

Quote:
As much as you'd love to liberalize the GOP, it ain't gonna happen. Liberals can wish that the GOP is going to liberalize, but it's not going to happen.
I'm not a liberal. I'm a social moderate/fiscal conservative. Most people, other than the religious right, want the GOP to liberalize to some degree.

Quote:
The only 2 people that have a chance to beat Obama are Romney and Paul.
I don't think Ron Paul would have any chance to win.

Quote:
By the way, Paul is 4 times more likely to capture the GOP nomination than Huntsman. It's on RCP's website
I'm aware. I mentioned specifically that I thought Huntsman had no chance of winning the GOP nomination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies