Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 05:05 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
If they are so loyal, why do they routinely kill their owners? These dogs are just pure evil and should be done away with.
They don't "routinely kill their owners." That's your ignorant *** talking point.

There's approximately 5,000,000 pitt bulls in America. In 2003 there were 13 attacks where 8 people died. You can do the math on that one...

By your standards black people should be put out of their misery because their stats are far worse (along with white people, Asians and Latinos).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 05:11 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Trust me my knowledge on genetics is not flawed. Maybe let me state things more succinctly so you and others can understand......DOGS ARE VERY MUCH BRED FOR TEMPERMENT!!!!!!!!!! You can call that personality, aggressiveness or passivity whatever. No matter what type of training you do, you'll never turn a Shih Tzu into a well trained guard dog like a Dobie or a Rott. The genetics are just not there.

I never said you can breed a dog to do certain activities. LOL.....Id like for you to point out where I said that.

Of course there is no dog born to learn the specific activity of fighting. LOL Again I never said that. But there are certain breeds that WERE BRED TO FIGHT and because of that activity specific breeding were damn good at it...............hence the Pitbull.

Exactly right -- the breeds are often not interchangeable at all. There are dogs that make great guard dogs, but you take an Alaskan Malamute and expect to get a good guard dog, you would destroy the dog itself and end up disappointed in the results as these dogs love everyone, have such a sweet disposition, they'd welcome a burglar.

I'd rather own a wolf than a poorly bred or bred for fighting breed of dog because a wolf is a more natural animal, more predictable. It's the humans messing around that turned wolves into trick performing poodles and tiny little lap dogs or the yappy little terriers.

Yes all dogs have the same dna and are closely related to wolves, but the wolf has been bred out of many. Try teaching a wolf to do circus tricks like their poodle relatives. Or to guard a herd of sheep.

Old 12-03-2011, 05:15 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
What we as a society that loves our dogs, needs is balanced reporting of all types of dog attacks. Even yappy, little dogs sometimes cause the need for stitches. We are fed an inordinate amount of pit attacks in the news until no one can be blamed for thinking that other breeds aren't dangerous, or that not many others are.

However, I did own one of the most loving, laid-back, "couch potato" Australian Shepherds. His breeder told me that there are two types of the Aussies. One is on the mark and ready to go, tell me! LOL tell me what to do and I'll do it sort of thing. The other is like our couch potato was. *(yes, we exercised him and he even did what I called "rodeos" in the yard. I eventually owned the other type of Aussie and rehomed him to a ranch so that he could work himself silly, and I bet he is happier, too.)

Old 12-03-2011, 05:24 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
They are one of the most loyal breeds around. That trait in them is exploited and used for fighting and a status symbol by horrible crappy pieces of 'ish.

It would be like using your kid to rob people who find them cute. You wouldn't blame the kid for that.
No but I wouldn't keep a kid like that as friend either.

Old 12-03-2011, 05:31 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,565,689 times
Quote:
They don't "routinely kill their owners." That's your ignorant *** talking point.

There's approximately 5,000,000 pitt bulls in America. In 2003 there were 13 attacks where 8 people died. You can do the math on that one...

By your standards black people should be put out of their misery because their stats are far worse (along with white people, Asians and Latinos).
No matter what you say, the statistics speak for themselves. Pit Bulls are extremely dangerous and unpredictable in their behavior. How many children, old people, and other innocent bystanders will have to be mauled before some type of law is put in place to ban or severely limit ownership of this breed? Also the idiots who use these dogs to intimidate other people or to make up for some inferiority complex that they have should be held accountable to the full extent of the law when their dog kill or hurt a human being. Punishment for the owner should include capital punishment if necessary. I also believe that Pits who attack people or have a history of attacking people should be taken from their owners and euthanized without the consent of the owner.

I know it sounds harsh, but the safety of innocent humans and the community in general is paramount in my book.

Old 12-03-2011, 05:31 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,772,817 times
Good LORD! One of those damned things ate off a woman's face, and apparently they had to retrieve parts of it from the thing's stomach and sew them back onto her head (I wish them luck with that...worth a try, I guess...). And still there are people defending the things?

How many children have to be maimed? How many old ladies have to have their lives ruined? How many people have to die?

And still, the same faulty logic that allows liberals to insist upon importing breeds of PEOPLE who are trouble....is applied to these horrendously dangerous Dogs. Right now, our 'government' is importing people from populations which had never developed a written language...who rape babies...who routinely mutilate and murder each other in their native lands... who routinely mutilate and murder Americans, when they make it over here... and we hear the exact same arguments applied to them....for why we should have them in our midst. No amount of evidence can dislodge the ridiculous 'logic' behind their idiotic relativism.

When you combine a powerful body with an hysterical, over-the-top personality, you have trouble. Yeah. Pit Bulls are very loving. They're very EVERYTHING. Everything to excess, including, unfortunately, "love". And I'm sure that people who cannot relate to other humans...needy psychopaths desperately desiring "unconditional love"...are willing to rationalize their dependence upon the "love of Dogs"...to the point of overlooking the fact that Pit Bulls are horrendously dangerous.

Me... I'd be suspicious of "unconditional love", coming from any entity other than Our Creator. I'm fine with the 'conditional' love from my Spouse and Children. But if I were a Sociopath, I'd probably want "somebody" who wouldn't turn on me, like everybody who 'turned on' the woman in Misery: "I thought you were a good person. But you're not. You're just like all the others. You're just a lyin' ol' Dirtybird." Annie Wilkes, in Misery, is precisely the kind of person who would have a Pit Bull, and who would jump all over anyone who dared criticize the breed. She'd use just the sort of logic I'm seeing on this thread.

Of COURSE personality is highly heritable. Pit Bulls' over-the-top personalities, combined with their capacity for damage, make them too likely to inflict harm.

Old 12-03-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
No but I wouldn't keep a kid like that as friend either.
I don't think you understand. the kid is inherently evil. The kid is raised a certain way and that leads to his/her evilness.

If you beat a child do you think that child will turn out normal? If the only socialization a child gets is when you take them to the child fighting rink, then what would you expect from that child?

Of course, to some of you, it's the child's fault, not the parent. Therein lies the absolute failure of our society...

Old 12-03-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Good LORD! One of those damned things ate off a woman's face, and apparently they had to retrieve parts of it from the thing's stomach and sew them back onto her head (I wish them luck with that...worth a try, I guess...). And still there are people defending the things?

How many children have to be maimed? How many old ladies have to have their lives ruined? How many people have to die?

And still, the same faulty logic that allows liberals to insist upon importing breeds of PEOPLE who are trouble....is applied to these horrendously dangerous Dogs. Right now, our 'government' is importing people from populations which had never developed a written language...who rape babies...who routinely mutilate and murder each other in their native lands... who routinely mutilate and murder Americans, when they make it over here... and we hear the exact same arguments applied to them....for why we should have them in our midst. No amount of evidence can dislodge the ridiculous 'logic' behind their idiotic relativism.

When you combine a powerful body with an hysterical, over-the-top personality, you have trouble. Yeah. Pit Bulls are very loving. They're very EVERYTHING. Everything to excess, including, unfortunately, "love". And I'm sure that people who cannot relate to other humans...needy psychopaths desperately desiring "unconditional love"...are willing to rationalize their dependence upon the "love of Dogs"...to the point of overlooking the fact that Pit Bulls are horrendously dangerous.

Me... I'd be suspicious of "unconditional love", coming from any entity other than Our Creator. I'm fine with the 'conditional' love from my Spouse and Children. But if I were a Sociopath, I'd probably want "somebody" who wouldn't turn on me, like everybody who 'turned on' the woman in Misery: "I thought you were a good person. But you're not. You're just like all the others. You're just a lyin' ol' Dirtybird." Annie Wilkes, in Misery, is precisely the kind of person who would have a Pit Bull, and who would jump all over anyone who dared criticize the breed. She'd use just the sort of logic I'm seeing on this thread.

Of COURSE personality is highly heritable. Pit Bulls' over-the-top personalities, combined with their capacity for damage, make them too likely to inflict harm.
Far less than are maimed by people... Hopefully you'll give up your child as he/she might be one of those evil bastards that turns out to eat people (because the same percentage of bad dogs -- pitt bulls -- is the same percentage that might turn out to be Jeffry Domer).

There's 53,000,000 dogs in the US. If 8 attacks by Pitt Bulls resulted in death what % of that population was "the things?"

Old 12-03-2011, 05:39 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
I don't think you understand. the kid is inherently evil. The kid is raised a certain way and that leads to his/her evilness.

If you beat a child do you think that child will turn out normal? If the only socialization a child gets is when you take them to the child fighting rink, then what would you expect from that child?

Of course, to some of you, it's the child's fault, not the parent. Therein lies the absolute failure of our society...
What if you took Charlie Manson and bred him to some of his close relatives, even his mother, like they do with dogs, and then inbred his children and offspring for generations so they would all closely resemble and act like him.

Eventually you could get a strain of some rather unstable people.

Old 12-03-2011, 05:51 PM

I see you people's ignorance all day. I have a Rhodesian Ridgeback Boxer mix that almost everyone (except people with an ounce of canine knowledge) call a pit. By your (ignorant) standards you'd have him put to sleep because he looks scary.

That's the same argument all the eugenicist of the past century used to further their cause.

Francis Galton would be proud of your ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies