Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 03:50 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Same here. And it never comes up in large gatherings were it's mostly Blacks. I dont' know why some caucasians always bring up reparations on the internets when hardly no one is even thinking about it.
Maybe they think that this is a hot topic in the community. Goes to show how little they know

Old 12-05-2011, 05:17 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
There are over 435 representatives. I'm not in his district, why would I go out of my way to know who the representative for Detroit is? If it wasn't for his reparations act and the google search you just did, I doubt you would know who he is.
i am not in conyers district, and i knew he was a democrat in the house. he is also a corrupt idiot.

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-06-2011 at 04:34 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 12-05-2011, 05:18 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,044,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I seriously don't get it. If blacks discriminates against whites, these people automatically assume that blacks think whites owe them.

Why do these people always assume that whenever they're discriminated against by blacks?
You should probably ask the people who say that.

Old 12-05-2011, 05:25 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,128,682 times
Quote:
Why do some whites say "blacks think we owe them"?
I seriously don't get it. If blacks discriminates against whites, these people automatically assume that blacks think whites owe them.

Why do these people always assume that whenever they're discriminated against by blacks?
Cause we hear them say it....

That's a pretty good indication!

Old 12-05-2011, 05:35 PM

656 posts, read 648,641 times
Quote:
Because they are racist.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:53 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
I never heard of the guy. I clicked on the link however, his district covers Detroit right? Elected officials from Detroit tend to have zero credibility.
Conyers is the second longest serving Congressman in the House (since 1964) - he was chairman of the Judiciary Committee and he was the main rival to Nancy Pelosi for becoming Minority Leader in 2004 ( Pelosi won because the Dems didn't want an elderly black man as their leader in the House and preferred a middle aged white woman). Ironically his district is right next to that of the longest serving Congressman in the House, John Dingell (since 1952)

It's also interesting that while Conyers' district is black majority it has a large white population.

I guess if you get elected to office in the Detroit area you stay in office for a long, long time.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:57 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,186,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Good response, most blacks don't want anything from you but respect and a = chance at sucess...

That's what most of us want, of course some want and prefer hand outs but that goes for every race, even whites but white trash is usually sealed up properly so the world doesn't see it.
Great reply.

I love your remarks about the white trash. I've been saying it for years. They're like that family member that has "issues" and no one likes to talk about.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:02 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,186,581 times
Quote:

They say it because it's easy. It's just nonsense.

Its like when you hear the dumb whites on this forum say they hear blacks say: the "man" is trying to hold them back".

I grow up around blacks, I went to a HBCU and I've been around blacks my entire 37 years.......and don't hear blacks say the stuff these whites on here say they've heard blacks utter..

They like to make up foolishness to reenforce their bad feelings about blacks. Of course they'll deny that.

I don't like cats so I don't go near them nor do I spend one minute of my time talking about cats. For folks that dislike blacks so much, they sure do spend a lot of time talking about them.

I guess when you do that you take the focus off of your own ill doings.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:34 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
I've heard it before....i just laugh my ass off when i hear it.

Frankly, i don't care what they say. So long as they stay the hell outta my way and keep that nonsense to themselves, it doesn't matter to me.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:13 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Exactly.

And the blacks that think they are owed something are on the same level as the racist white rednecks that they fight with imo.

Yet ANOTHER two groups in America who should be given their own battlefield somewhere to let them fight to the death on pay per view TV for the amusement of the rest of America....after they fight,next up on pay per view EXTREME RIGHT WINGERS VS EXTREME LEFT WINGERS.....let the games begin...you could call that last one "the Battle of the Pansies"
I'd pay for that one. Would provide good entertainment and increase the education rate of society as a whole. The winner gets to riot and burn down what's left of the town they stage the fight at. Meanwhile as they kill each other have the national guard erecting a fence around to imprison those left.

Should have Harry Reid and old Boner go at it on the under-card. They'd just run around in circles trying to decide what weapons to use for the fight and never come to a bipartisan agreement and die of old age though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies