Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 10:49 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times

Advertisements

Everybody starts somewhere. Nobody starts at the top of the ladder. Nobody forced her to accept the employment and if she is disatisfied she can quit. Of coarse that will damage her resume, but she can always put down that she is a OWS activist and I am sure that will help her for her next job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 10:49 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Good thing my majors were Marketing and Global Business
Forgot about those also. History too.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:51 AM

3,398 posts, read 5,106,606 times
Quote:
She was a Biomedical Scientist. Majoring in Science is not a popular field because it requires hard work and a strong intellect. It used to provide for great jobs as soon as a degree was obtained. Apparently, that is not the case.

You seem content with the idea that College tuition should increase dramatically, year after year, requiring students to take out astronomical loans but at the same time you feel students should be making a whole let less than what they used to. This doesn't even take into the consideration the fact that our Dollar is losing value at a rapid pace (and has since 1913).

Do you see forsee any problems, longterm, with your opinions?

"A highly educated engaged citizenry would be a danger to the existing social order. The 1%, educated at our finest universities, does not want average Americans to obtain a great education for a reasonable price. They want them to get a worthless diploma at an excessively high price tag and become debt slaves to the Wall Street 1%. They want uneducated, indebted consumers, not educated productive citizens. Our republic has been slowly perverted since the time of its inception. The insidious process had been slow and methodical until 1913. The establishment of the Federal Reserve by an elite group of bankers and their politician friends and the establishment of a personal income tax created the conditions that have allowed a small cabal of powerful men to dictate the course of our economic, political, social, and military policies for the last 98 years"

-The Burning Platform
No one can require anyone to take out any student loans.

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Wow, you must be pretty bitter.
Actually I have a good job with great benefits, but I also have something called compassion (I know, I know not too common in America these days)

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
She was a Biomedical Scientist. Majoring in Science is not a popular field because it requires hard work and a strong intellect. It used to provide for great jobs as soon as a degree was obtained. Apparently, that is not the case.

You seem content with the idea that College tuition should increase dramatically, year after year, requiring students to take out astronomical loans but at the same time you feel students should be making a whole let less than what they used to. This doesn't even take into the consideration the fact that our Dollar is losing value at a rapid pace (and has since 1913).
You seem to be delusional if you got any of that from my statements. I don't think tuition should increase dramatically, I also don't think students should be forced to bear the brunt of paying for insane teacher/professor pension plans that are forced by labor unions.

Students today live in a dream world and many sound a lot like you do. A diploma isn't going to get you a job, you shouldn't expect it to.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:53 AM

Once FedGov, Inc. inevitably stops subsidizing loans, post-university bubble, you will see a drastic drop in price of attending college.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:53 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
American employers pay children in Asia 50 cents an hour, interesting that you agree with that and give it a thumbs up.
And they probably feed their families on that.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:55 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Forgot about those also. History too.
Ok, so what Major would you consider to not be "useless" and what happens when that Major becomes oversaturated with students trying to get a job after graduation?

Old 12-05-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
And they probably feed their families on that.
Interesting how countries stop starving by the millions once they start adopting free market principles, isn't it?

Old 12-05-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Ok, so what Major would you consider to not be "useless" and what happens when that Major becomes oversaturated with students trying to get a job after graduation?
After some consideration, I take that back -- halfway. The two have a synergistic relationship. Marketing by itself would be worthless, as you can learn all you need by running your own business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies