Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2011, 02:04 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

I have seen and just think I saw it yesterday and you had to wait till today.

Seriously speaking this is a chance to find out why Beck left Fox News. Some won't like it if they see it but it is really there. This rip and tear of the speech is much better than the review I saw by Ed Schultz, but then this one isn't done by Ed.

Some of you won't like it all but most of you who don't won't open it anyway. I wish all would but don't think that my "real" friends will.

Glenn Beck Talks About Barack Obama, Marxism, Capitalism and the Depression | | Video | TheBlaze.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 03:02 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Ahh, the John Bircher speaks. AKA, the Beckster lies. He says Obama said Capitalism didn't work in the 20s, 50s & 60s nor the 80s. Of couse that's not what Obama said. He said the idea of trickle down economics, didn't work then, in fact has never worked. Which is absolutely true. Here is a link to the speech, if you care to see what he said unfiltered by Beck. It's on page 3.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/07/us...l?pagewanted=1

Last edited by florida.bob; 12-08-2011 at 03:28 PM..

Old 12-08-2011, 03:40 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
Here's a great excerpt from the speech:

"The truth is we’ll never be able to compete with other countries when it comes to who’s best at letting their businesses pay the lowest wages, who’s best at busting unions, who’s best at letting companies pollute as much as they want. That’s a race to the bottom that we can’t win, and we shouldn’t want to win that race. (Applause.) Those countries don’t have a strong middle class. They don’t have our standard of living."

Old 12-08-2011, 04:18 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,577,815 times
Where is the proof ? I made tons of money in the 80's and 90's Oh and Iam not a 1%er. Just a hard working stiff.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:20 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,577,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Here's a great excerpt from the speech:

"The truth is we’ll never be able to compete with other countries when it comes to who’s best at letting their businesses pay the lowest wages, who’s best at busting unions, who’s best at letting companies pollute as much as they want. That’s a race to the bottom that we can’t win, and we shouldn’t want to win that race. (Applause.) Those countries don’t have a strong middle class. They don’t have our standard of living."
barry doesnt believe a word of that speech. Who is he using a model for Europe their doing great these days Canada ? yea right If it not for the US it would still be a wilderness

Old 12-08-2011, 08:52 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,580,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchuckie View Post
barry doesnt believe a word of that speech. Who is he using a model for Europe their doing great these days Canada ? yea right If it not for the US it would still be a wilderness
No more oil for you!!!!

Old 12-08-2011, 08:56 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchuckie View Post
People like you have been saying that now for 3 years and the reality has been quite the opposite.

Old 12-09-2011, 03:19 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I have seen and just think I saw it yesterday and you had to wait till today.

Seriously speaking this is a chance to find out why Beck left Fox News. Some won't like it if they see it but it is really there. This rip and tear of the speech is much better than the review I saw by Ed Schultz, but then this one isn't done by Ed.

Some of you won't like it all but most of you who don't won't open it anyway. I wish all would but don't think that my "real" friends will.

Glenn Beck Talks About Barack Obama, Marxism, Capitalism and the Depression | | Video | TheBlaze.com
One has to love the way Obama re-writes history. In his speech he claimed that Bill Clinton "eliminate the deficit" (page 6), when in fact the deficit was in the trillions. Balanced the budget?....maybe. Eliminate the deficit?....hardly. Someone should fact check his speeches.

I love it when Obama talks is critical of the very things that got him elected,..... "Inequality also distorts our democracy. It gives an outsized voice to the few who can afford high-priced lobbyists and unlimited campaign contributions, and it runs the risk of selling out our democracy to the highest bidder." That's what got Obama elected,...unlimited campaign contributions from unknown sources on the internet.

Obama touted Clinton repeatedly,...but many credit Reagan policies with the good economy that Clinton enjoyed during his tenure.

Good piece, Roy.

Old 12-09-2011, 04:04 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Obama is a divider and his platform message he ran on were all lies. Obama trying to push his green agenda when people needed real jobs not bankrupt companies. Obama pushing his agenda and not thinking about what is happening here with high unemployment , foreclosures, and debt growing so big we got knocked down in ratings for a country that is suppose to rival every other country. We are not strong. We have free bees galore attracting illegals here and growing our debt. America should first take care of their own.

We are going down. This system of things will conclude with a world war and much famine, destruction and death because people refuse to identify the reason for it all. A move away from God and instead we have corruption, greed and lies on all levels. We have taken God out of schools, mocked his bible and turned to worldly gain. When one leaves God out.. all that is evil takes its place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies