Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 10:38 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,990,276 times

Advertisements

I was talking to a co-worker about Agenda 21 and "Smart Growth" who is not political at all and didn't know anything about it. He is a immigrant from Armenia and he lived in Armenia back when it was part of the Soviet Union. After I described the goal of Agenda 21 he look at me and said "That's what they do in Russia" ... "That's communism!".

Smart Growth America Applauds President Obama for Budget Provisions that Strengthen Communities

President Obama today unveiled a budget proposal for fiscal year 2012 that includes strategic investments in America’s economic competitiveness and promotes long-term economic growth. Geoffrey Anderson, President and CEO of Smart Growth America, issued the following statement in response:

“The President’s proposed budget rightfully acknowledges the difficult financial times we as a country are facing. Many provisions propose spending the federal government’s limited funds in smarter ways that will help make the towns, cities and regions in our country more economically effective. Several aspects of the proposed budget focus on programs that will catalyze job creation and economic growth in the United States and we applaud the Obama Administration for putting taxpayer dollars to such good use.

“Smart growth is about building neighborhoods that work for the people who live there – meaning rural, suburban and urban communities with more housing and transportation choices near jobs, shops and schools where people want them. These are places where strong economies and a healthy environment can both thrive at once. Places where community leaders choose to get the most out of each federal or state dollar invested in the neighborhoods. Where the private sector can help jump-start the local real estate market in a way that is right for that unique community. Where we make decisions to save money in our municipal budgets and in our own wallets and invest for the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2011, 10:50 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,693,375 times
Invest in the future in rural America buy building houses and implementing transportation choices ?
ROFL. Hey..just get fast internet out here and that's a bigger plus then subdivisions and mass transit in rural America.

Has Obama ever visited rural America ?

Old 12-10-2011, 11:03 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,954,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
The government has bigger guns and before they come they would have taken your guns away from you
The government also out guns the Taliban. How long have we been fighting there? Bigger guns don't really mean a whole lot and if you think for a minute that people are just going to smile and hand over their firearms you are naive.

Old 12-10-2011, 11:21 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,990,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
The government also out guns the Taliban. How long have we been fighting there? Bigger guns don't really mean a whole lot and if you think for a minute that people are just going to smile and hand over their firearms you are naive.
First of all, I'm a gun owner and I don't want my gun taken. I would fight for my rights just like most other people. But I also think there are many in this country and in this world who do want our guns taken away. This is a great threat just like Agenda 21 is a great threat to our way of life. The problem is they are trying to change our way of life and even lie about our history to do it.

One easy way for our government to implement strict new gun control rules or possibly even take away our guns is to declare martial law. Martial law could be invoked if wide spread protests and riots broke out and our government declared martial law was the only way to deal with it. Protests have started in the USA and many experts say they will grow in size and in violence going forward. These protests are a creation of the people who want to take our guns. This mode of operation to create a situation that provides justification to implement certain goals has been used over and over again under the Obama administration. Fast and Furious is an example but if you look back you can spot other situations. The ends justify the means.

Last edited by Vascodagama; 12-10-2011 at 11:30 AM..

Old 12-10-2011, 11:27 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,424,842 times
With only 2% of Americans supplying the food for all the others, it's surprising that Obama is the first president to try and get a handle on this very important group of people.

I should add that executive orders can be revoked by future presidents.

Old 12-10-2011, 11:59 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,105,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Invest in the future in rural America buy building houses and implementing transportation choices ?
ROFL. Hey..just get fast internet out here and that's a bigger plus then subdivisions and mass transit in rural America.

Is this a real question?

Old 12-10-2011, 12:17 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,424,842 times
Quote:
Sure he has. How else would he know we are clinging to our guns and religion?

Old 12-10-2011, 12:30 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,033,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
With only 2% of Americans supplying the food for all the others, it's surprising that Obama is the first president to try and get a handle on this very important group of people.

I should add that executive orders can be revoked by future presidents.
And Ron Paul is the only one stating he would revoke every pre-existing Executive Order he sees as unConstitutional.

Old 12-10-2011, 12:47 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,061,868 times
Quote:

They visit what they see as rural America every time the primary season kicks in. All head to Iowa in their flannel shirts and talk about how they were raised as hard workin folk just like they are and bla bla bla. Calls already filling up the answering machine from every candidate out there. Only 11 more months of these charlatans bothering me and then a break for a couple years.

Old 12-10-2011, 12:49 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,061,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
I was talking to a co-worker about Agenda 21 and "Smart Growth" who is not political at all and didn't know anything about it. He is a immigrant from Armenia and he lived in Armenia back when it was part of the Soviet Union. After I described the goal of Agenda 21 he look at me and said "That's what they do in Russia" ... "That's communism!".

Smart Growth America Applauds President Obama for Budget Provisions that Strengthen Communities

President Obama today unveiled a budget proposal for fiscal year 2012 that includes strategic investments in America’s economic competitiveness and promotes long-term economic growth. Geoffrey Anderson, President and CEO of Smart Growth America, issued the following statement in response:

“The President’s proposed budget rightfully acknowledges the difficult financial times we as a country are facing. Many provisions propose spending the federal government’s limited funds in smarter ways that will help make the towns, cities and regions in our country more economically effective. Several aspects of the proposed budget focus on programs that will catalyze job creation and economic growth in the United States and we applaud the Obama Administration for putting taxpayer dollars to such good use.

“Smart growth is about building neighborhoods that work for the people who live there – meaning rural, suburban and urban communities with more housing and transportation choices near jobs, shops and schools where people want them. These are places where strong economies and a healthy environment can both thrive at once. Places where community leaders choose to get the most out of each federal or state dollar invested in the neighborhoods. Where the private sector can help jump-start the local real estate market in a way that is right for that unique community. Where we make decisions to save money in our municipal budgets and in our own wallets and invest for the future.
Yep they want to get everybody to move closer together and cut services to anybody outside their little zone of harmony. I think high speed rail is part of their little plan too. Connect all the population centers together. It won't happen overnight but it is slowy working it's way in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies