Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 07:35 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
There are certainly regional differences in personalities in America. I sometimes forget this as I sit here and read some posts at CD with my jaw on the floor.
There is really a difference, I agree. None make my jaw drop more than these Walmart haters, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I understand what you are saying, but it's the shoppers themselves who witnessed this stabbing, who were wondering why the store was open to the public at the time?

I think closing the store for a few hours would have been respectable, while the police conducted their investigation. Do you agree with at least that?
How far do you have to drive to get to that store? I have to drive 55 miles to get to the closest Walmart and if they closed down for something like this I would be one hour from home and have to go another 35miles to get to the nearest Walmart then. Then I would have to go just over 90 miles to get home. I see your point about decency but I also know how people out here have to go to get to those places.

The bank was just one branch that was stuck in the Walmart building, wasn't it. I have seen things like that take place in a mall and never gave any thought to closing the whole place down.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:41 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,858,478 times
Walmart haters aren't original thinkers. I imagine they all believe in global warming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
There is really a difference, I agree. None make my jaw drop more than these Walmart haters, though.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Old boy. These are some the reasons I enjoy shopping at Walmart. Walmart a great business!!!!

I was in Walmart about 3 hours ago. Nothing this exciting happened.
Darn it, Joe, nothing usually happens when I am in those places.

I remember being in a JC Penney's in a mall and seeing a poor girl get herself pinned in the exit door because she was trying to steal a fur coat by wearing it out the door. They kept that door hard pressed across her body till the police got there and she had to be in bad pain. Then they took the coat off her and left it in the store.

About 75 yards from where that took place a teen got flung off the second floor balcony by some gang members. Nobody though about closing any of the businesses in that part of the mall although they did keep people out of the area till they got the kid hauled out of there.

This country we live in is not nearly so nice as it was when I was a teen. Of course, that was along time ago and several wars ago.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:53 PM

At least Walmart's always busy. A car accidentally crashed into the Walmart liquor store a couple hours before I got there a couple months ago. The whole store smelled like whiskey. Thank goodness they did not close the whole store down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Darn it, Joe, nothing usually happens when I am in those places.

I remember being in a JC Penney's in a mall and seeing a poor girl get herself pinned in the exit door because she was trying to steal a fur coat by wearing it out the door. They kept that door hard pressed across her body till the police got there and she had to be in bad pain. Then they took the coat off her and left it in the store.

About 75 yards from where that took place a teen got flung off the second floor balcony by some gang members. Nobody though about closing any of the businesses in that part of the mall although they did keep people out of the area till they got the kid hauled out of there.

This country we live in is not nearly so nice as it was when I was a teen. Of course, that was along time ago and several wars ago.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:55 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Funny.

Most likely it was a couple of democrats involved in the incident, yet the democrats on CD are against Walmart.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:55 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
This whole thread is full of fail. I read the story it say NOTHING about the circumstances of the murder and its location inside the store other than it was a bank.

It doesn't say the victim was laying in a pool of blood with people walking around her in a roped off area.

It states the victim was transported to the hospital WHERE SHE DIED. the area where the attack took place is roped off and the store is open for business.

There is a whole lot of BS assuming going on to paint Wal Mart as heartless. I'm sure that if the Coroner gave Wal Mart the OK to stay open and still allow for an investigation.

Last edited by Bulldogdad; 12-10-2011 at 08:06 PM..

Old 12-10-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
At least Walmart's always busy. A car accidentally crashed into the Walmart liquor store a couple hours before I got there a couple months ago. The whole store smelled like whiskey. Thank goodness they did not close the whole store down.
Yep, I remember back before mine finished their SuperCenter a fool said she went for her brake and got the accelerator. They didn't close down until their normal closing time, 10:00 pm back then. They had the repairs all done by morning the next day. I guess when a car dies in something like that they should lock the doors instead of having to guard against theft at the new openings.

Old 12-10-2011, 08:12 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
A man shot his girlfriend then comitted suicide outside of a Wal-Mart not too far from me. They did not close. The title of this thread was a little misleading. I thought there were people just walking by ignoring the dead body.

Old 12-10-2011, 08:18 PM

It would probably take 4 hours to close down a store this big. Why would they close?

Hollywood didn't close when the guy was in the road shooting at cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies