Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 06:59 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,331,463 times

Advertisements

Thank God there are some sane people still left in this country who are no longer buying the Hope and Change BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2011, 07:00 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,087,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J'aimeDesVilles View Post
No, he doesn't. And neither did his predecessor. However, I don't see anyone better coming from the other side. So we are between a rock and a hard place.

It is amazing that out of 310+ million people in this country that these are the choices we end up with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
not really, but he's better than the republican options.
I think these pretty much sum my opinion up too.

He's not cutting it,but no one is opposing him that could get anything done either.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:00 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,629,960 times
Quote:
Your only saying that because your a friggin Democrat. Of course your naturally going to be on the offense of ANY republican candidate!! It's not like any Republican could ever get through to you! This is the kind of brain-dead nonsense that is going to kill this country. Democrats who don't know jack-snot about politics are going to vote Obummer back in office DESPITE the way he has TRASHED and TOTALED the economy because in their minds, "well the republicans aren't any better". Maybe if you actually studied economics and ask business owners (who are majority republican!) what works then you would know what your talking about and who to vote for.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:01 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
I would vote for anyone who could head the country in the right direction whether Dem or Repub, at the moment Obama while battling continuing obstructionist tactics from the right is doing a credible job given the circumstances he's been handed and will win by default as the best the GOP can put forth is a bunch of incompetent clowns who have no idea or plan to improve the country.President Obama you'd get my vote as theres no one else to vote for..

Old 12-12-2011, 07:02 AM

957 posts, read 758,659 times
In looking at the clowns the republican party keeps parading out, YES he does deserve to be re-elected. Wasn't Herman Cain leading in the polls just a couple of weeks ago? The only poll that matters takes place in November of 2012.
In light of what the republican party's been doing to bring the country down by obstructing every piece of legislation & denying the President any appointments, I'll also NOT vote for any republicans.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:07 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,364,927 times
Obama is like the fellow who seeking a paycheck joins the Army during a national conflict then complains about being shot at or the person who builds a home at the end of an airport then blames the airplanes for the noise. These sorts of folks never run out of things to blame for their own failures.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:09 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I would vote for anyone who could head the country in the right direction whether Dem or Repub, at the moment Obama while battling continuing obstructionist tactics from the right is doing a credible job given the circumstances he's been handed and will win by default as the best the GOP can put forth is a bunch of incompetent clowns who have no idea or plan to improve the country.President Obama you'd get my vote as theres no one else to vote for..
Let's be honest. Obstructionist tactics are NOT why Obama is unsuccessful. Barack Obama is unsuccessful because he simply does not have the right skill set, the right leadership ability, or even the right ambition to run this country.

Lyndon B. Johnson was an example of how to get things done in Washington DC. Agree with him or not, he was able to LEAD based on his principles and a ton of blood, sweat, tears, and compromise. Barack Obama simply does not have this type of mentality.

I understand that the Liberal talking points throw around the word "obstructionists" in every other sentence, but lets be objective here. Barack Obama simply does not have what it takes provide the right type of leadership to steer us out of this mess we're in. It's as clear as day, and that's the problem that he will not be able to overcome in 2012.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:09 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,625,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Your only saying that because your a friggin Democrat.
hi allen, nice to meet you.

funny, i've never voted for a democrat.

Quote:
Of course your naturally going to be on the offense of ANY republican candidate!!
it's "you're"

Quote:
It's not like any Republican could ever get through to you!
so how do you reconcile that with the fact that i've always voted Republican?

i support free markets, and up until recently, Republicans were closer to free markets. Now Republicans are just wh*res for big business and financial interests. They talk a big game about "cutting government", until you get to corporate welfare, then suddenly that's considered "job creation." They don't seem interested in fixing economic problems; they seem to want to use the financial crisis as an opportunity to cut things they've never liked, mainly Democrat interests.

In the case of the Democrats, I am not impressed by their solutions; they struggle with economic competency, too. However i get the impression that they're at least trying to solve problems, not play political tug-of-war.

Quote:
This is the kind of brain-dead nonsense that is going to kill this country. Democrats who don't know jack-snot about politics are going to vote Obummer back in office DESPITE the way he has TRASHED and TOTALED the economy because in their minds, "well the republicans aren't any better". Maybe if you actually studied economics and ask business owners (who are majority republican!) what works then you would know what your talking about and who to vote for.
So tell me about your economics background, bub.

I watched the Dartmouth debates recently, about the GOP candidates' economic plans, and I was embarrassed. These people are morons. They live in some alternate economic reality, where cutting government is going to grow the economy. They don't grasp that we have a chronically overleveraged household sector. They believe in fantasy "job creators" like children believe in the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus.

Last edited by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus; 12-12-2011 at 07:38 AM..

Old 12-12-2011, 07:10 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:

He does have a nice smile... Compared to all the GOP contenders.

Believe it or not, a nice smile will win elections, when everything is against you.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:11 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,087,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Your only saying that because your a friggin Democrat. Of course your naturally going to be on the offense of ANY republican candidate!! It's not like any Republican could ever get through to you! This is the kind of brain-dead nonsense that is going to kill this country. Democrats who don't know jack-snot about politics are going to vote Obummer back in office DESPITE the way he has TRASHED and TOTALED the economy because in their minds, "well the republicans aren't any better". Maybe if you actually studied economics and ask business owners (who are majority republican!) what works and what these republican politicians are working for, then you would know what your talking about and what to vote for!
You are full of misinformation....Check out the repub candidates,none are worth the powder to send them to the moon.

There are a LOT of Repubs that I would vote for for POTUS,but they are not in this race...the Repubs always shoot themselves in the foot by endorsing the bottom of the barrel instead of tapping into their resources of decent possible candidates...remember Palin? Was she the very BEST of what the repubs had to offer?Newt?Perry?Santorum?Romney? Really?Get real and get your head out of Fox "news" and the RNC's arse....most people are a lot more reasonable and a heck of a lot deeper thinkers than your post makes you look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies