Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 12:24 AM

765 posts, read 2,129,887 times

Advertisements

Just wondering, those of you who dislike Obama, why don't you like him? I'm not judging you, just curious about your reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 12:30 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times
I don't hate him I am just tired of being embarrassed for him. The things he says about our country to us and to other countries is embarrassing plus not true in most cases. We are not a country full of lazy and arrogant people. Americans work harder than most other countries and give more to other countries than most.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:34 AM

765 posts, read 2,129,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I don't hate him I am just tired of being embarrassed for him. The things he says about our country to us and to other countries is embarrassing plus not true in most cases. We are not a country full of lazy and arrogant people. Americans work harder than most other countries and give more to other countries than most.
That quote in the Perry ad where Obama says we've become lazy was taken completely out of context. This is what he actually said:
Quote:
Well, this is an issue, generally. I think it's important to remember that the United States is still the largest recipient of foreign investment in the world. And there are a lot of things that make foreign investors see the U.S. as a great opportunity -- our stability, our openness, our innovative free market culture. But we've been a little bit lazy, I think, over the last couple of decades. We've kind of taken for granted -- well, people will want to come here and we aren't out there hungry, selling America and trying to attract new business into America. And so one of things that my administration has done is set up something called SelectUSA....
Facts>political BS

Old 12-14-2011, 12:39 AM

"We aren't out there selling America" No he sure isn't. Apologising is more like it, all over the place.

Embarrassing.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:53 AM

7,513 posts, read 5,756,758 times
He's not even remotely qualified to be President. He is however a good community organizer or college professor. He was elected primarily by voters who based their votes on emotion. Nothing and I mean absolutely nothing in his past experience qualified him for the Presidency. Folks were tired of war and 8 years of Bush. Instead of investigating his qualifications they voted based on his slick message. There are many people throughout history that followed others based on emotion and not experience or facts. Adolph Hitler comes to mind and several other occult leaders. I'm not comparing Obama to them but their followers used the same thinking when deciding whether or not to follow or cast them aside. I have not doubt that the history books will eventually tell the story of the worst president in US history. His own people are coming out with the stories already.. Signed laws to stop foreclosures but never met with someone who was foreclosed on. Willing to give speeches but not interact 1:1 with people. The list seems to grow every day. This may sound odd but I do feel somewhat bad for the folks who threw their vote away. He had many people excited about the future only to have them realize he had good speech writers but not a clue how to deal with or understand the individuals who put him into office so he could help them. To add insult to injury his wife is an insult to the title of first lady. She hates America And has in as much said so.

HUGE disappointment whether you voted for the man or not

Old 12-14-2011, 12:56 AM

He votes "present" and not much else. Plus, HE BLAMES EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING. Man, I am so tired of that.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:00 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,412,287 times
Don't hate Obama; his accomplishment in getting elected was astonishing, against the longest odds.

His policies, however, are among the worst and most destructive of the last half-century. He has proven to be surprisingly small-minded, ideologically rigid, and quite a demagogue. I wish he was better than he is, but I don't hate him.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:10 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
His Supreme Court Appointees, his cabinet selections (Holder, Napolitano, Geithner), his pro gay activism, anti-gun agenda, his anti-Israel/pro-muslim stance, suing states that try to enforce immigration laws, ordering the Attorney General to ignore laws, ie, violating his sworn oath to uphold the Constitution and the laws of the land, and so much more. The list would be quite long.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:13 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuyFromCleveland18 View Post
Just wondering, those of you who dislike Obama, why don't you like him? I'm not judging you, just curious about your reasons.
No offense, but you could have glanced at any of the 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 threads on the same topic within the past week for an answer.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:21 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,937,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
He's not even remotely qualified to be President. He is however a good community organizer or college professor. He was elected primarily by voters who based their votes on emotion.
Did you come up with this all by yourself? Of course not. Reagan was elected by voters who based their votes on emotion... I mean... there was hardly anything else to go on... ditto Clinton. Ditto Bush... see a trend.... . Where do you get that he was/is a good college professor? Or community organizer for that matter? He was those things, of course. Was he good at them? It's not said. That says to me probably not. Not bad. Not good. I can say that because I am not trying to damn Obama with faint praise. He is a damn good President and I know that because I have seen him preside for three years. I have never seen him give a lecture. How is it that people who have also seen him preside and feel he is lousy at it give him kudos as a college professor when they also have never seen him give a lecture.... hmmm. I smell bullshizzle.

H
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies