Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2012, 08:23 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,974,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Global warming is a bigger threat to our world than war, the economy, AIDS, poverty, same sex marriage.

HOW CAN ANYONE, WITH ALL THE OBVIOUS SIGNS, DENY GLOBAL WARMING!!!!? AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

The hottest issue: Climate change dwarfs other problems - baltimoresun.com

THE END OF THE WORLD by Brenda Lee - YouTube

10 mins to Expose Global Warming Scam - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2014, 11:58 PM

2,238 posts, read 3,325,691 times
Word! Global warming is such a big problem, and if humanity and the societal globe doesn't address it or take the right steps to finding and creating solutions then the whole world is doomed and civilization will cease and die out soon.

And I want humanity to thrive and live on forever.

Old 01-17-2014, 12:48 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,656,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Global warming is a bigger threat to our world than war, the economy, AIDS, poverty, same sex marriage.

HOW CAN ANYONE, WITH ALL THE OBVIOUS SIGNS, DENY GLOBAL WARMING!!!!? AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

The hottest issue: Climate change dwarfs other problems - baltimoresun.com

THE END OF THE WORLD by Brenda Lee - YouTube
Are they STUPID?

They are American (republicans) who are victims of corporate propaganda.

97% of all climate scientists and every government on Earth believes man made global warming is happening, and that it is a major threat to this planet.

But corporations like ExxonMobile and GE are against combating global warming because it will decrease their profits. So ExxonMoble pays scientists and other groups to cast doubt about global warming. Then the corporate backed Fox news/Rush radio tells their listeners "global warming is a hoax."

Only a US republican is stupid enough to believe global warming is not happening (conservatives in all other countries believe global warming is happening.)

http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/11...machine/191545

Old 01-17-2014, 02:29 AM

15,096 posts, read 8,641,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
Global warming isn't up for debate - we all know the earth's temperature is increasing. What is up for debate is how much we contribute to that. However, you would think that common sense would say that its not OK to pump billions of tons of CO2 into the air and expect that it doesn't do any damage!
Bull ... neither you, nor anyone else can declare debate ended. That's your first clue of a con artist and a fraud.

Secondly, the multitude of assumptive untruths here is amazing.

1) we do not know where we actually are in the cycle of warming and cooing the planet has been NATURALLY experiencing for Millions of years .... the natural state of the earth's climate exists in glacial and interglacial periods, with global temperatures either rising or falling relative to where we are in this much longer cycle of either coming out of a glacial period or heading back into another glacial period.

If you are entering an interglacial period (a very good thing, if you like life and other living things like plants and animals) it must OBVIOSLY get warmer. Then, as thousands of years pass, we have short term fluctuations up and down covering decades, but still following a longer term trend of either warming (coming out of glaciation) or cooling (heading back toward the next glaciation cycle (not a good thing).

2) paying Al Gore and his phony carbon credit oon artist crooks billions isn't going to do anything to affect this natural cycle one bit. It's a con game ... DON'T BE SUCH A SUCKER.

3) CO2 accounts for only a tiny fraction of the so called "green house gases", and of that tiny amount, only a tiny fraction of that is man made CO2 ... so the claims that man's contribution is threatening the earth is P R E P O S T E R O U S ! Don't be a sucker.

4) 95% of the "green house gases" is H2O ... (WATER VAPOR). What's next from you nuts? Want to eliminate water from the planet next? Don't be a sucker.

5) Warmer is better ... that's why farmers plant in the spring, and not the fall. It's why we go to the beach in the summer. It's brain dead stupidity to allow yourself to become so confused, that you are literally praying for winter to come ... and stay. Ooooh ... be very afraid of summer ... warm is a very bad thing.

In conclusion .... DON'T CONTINUE BEING A SUCKER!!!

Old 01-17-2014, 08:22 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Good post. This video should be shown to all school kids.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
97% of all climate scientists and every government on Earth believes man made global warming is happening, and that it is a major threat to this planet.
Governments thrive on events that increase their power and control over the people. The goal of the AGW hoax is wealth redistribution and wealth accumulation for the ruling elite.

And BTW, only a small percent of climate scientists support the AGW hoax. And even fewer would if you took their tax payer funding away.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:32 AM

Another good video explaining the AGW Hoax.

The Global Warming Hoax Explained for Dummies - YouTube

Old 01-17-2014, 08:34 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
Seems to be a crossover with posters who deny the science of AGW who also deny the science of evolution. Interesting.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:35 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Another good video explaining the AGW Hoax.

The Global Warming Hoax Explained for Dummies - YouTube
You are right about one thing. Whoever made that video was a dummy.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:45 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,632,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
3) CO2 accounts for only a tiny fraction of the so called "green house gases", and of that tiny amount, only a tiny fraction of that is man made CO2 ... so the claims that man's contribution is threatening the earth is P R E P O S T E R O U S ! Don't be a sucker.

4) 95% of the "green house gases" is H2O ... (WATER VAPOR). What's next from you nuts? Want to eliminate water from the planet next? Don't be a sucker.

5) Warmer is better ... that's why farmers plant in the spring, and not the fall. It's why we go to the beach in the summer. It's brain dead stupidity to allow yourself to become so confused, that you are literally praying for winter to come ... and stay. Ooooh ... be very afraid of summer ... warm is a very bad thing.

In conclusion .... DON'T CONTINUE BEING A SUCKER!!!
Excellent.

In general, an easy rule to follow (after Occam's Razor) is that anything a politican tells you to be terrified about, yet can only explain with 30,000 foot altitude slogans, is nothing to worry about probably 999 times out of 1,000.

Al Gore is one of the more idiotic politicians to come around in the last 50 years. Him bloviating that I should be terrified about something just sets my mind at ease about whatever that thing is. You see, Gore being stupid and bellowing his stupidity forced me to study the issue at hand, and the more I learn, not only am I less concerned, I am actually happier.

A warmer, higher CO2 planet is actually more pleasant and better for human survival, so says the photosynthesis process, as well as human dietary and environmental needs. Sadly, I know that chemistry dictates that this thing called saturation makes CO2 logarithmically less effective at trapping/increasing heat as concentrations increase, and CO2 is essentially at its saturation point in the GHG volume. So even man could double the CO2 in the atmosphere, it really wouldn't change the temperature to any noticeable amount, which is a bummer. A warmer planet would be awesome.

As pointed out, when people get on a plane to vacation, which direction do they most commonly go, from where it's cold to where it's hot, or vice versa? People seek out hot. They pay airfare, hotels and resort fees to find it. They retire from cold places to warm places. Animals migrate and move according to following warmth. Generally, warm is better than cold.

I am not denying that warming does or does not occur. I am lamenting that it isn't happening as fast or dramatically as the MMGW zealots wail and moan about. I wish it was. I wouldn't have to scrape ice off my car in the mornings 3-4 months out of the year, and my golf season would be like 3 months longer. Hell, I'd buy a gas guzzler CO2 belcher if I thought it would work. But sadly, the science tells me I'll have to move south for all that, since CO2 won't help me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies