Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 09:06 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
to-may-to, to-mah-to
Not really. But, you know...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 09:08 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Show me yours and I'll show you mine.

LOL!!!!
LOL...hey...when you know, you know. Well, i know.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:23 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
I will accept your apology, but to be transparent, it is your general tone on these boards that comes across as rude. You and I have "debated" before, and you seem to judge others harshly. No, I am not going to go digging up the posts right now either, it's too late on a Sunday. We all make mistakes. Maybe don't be so quick to judge others.
We will have to agree to disagree. Being matter of fact does not equal rude. Of course, if you choose to come back and elaborate, feel free.

FYI: I'm rarely bothered by other rude posters that I read on these boards. Unless I'm insulted outright, these sort of things roll off of me. I'm not easy to offend and can't imagine getting worked up over a forum post.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:32 PM

785 posts, read 619,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
We will have to agree to disagree. Being matter of fact does not equal rude. Of course, if you choose to come back and elaborate, feel free.

FYI: I'm rarely bothered by other rude posters that I read on these boards. Unless I'm insulted outright, these sort of things roll off of me. I'm not easy to offend and can't imagine getting worked up over a forum post.
I don't get worked up over it, and I give better than I get. However, I do think in the interests of America's future, the left and the right needs to stop our political civil war. It hurts all of us and only benefits the crooks in government. I can be rude as hell, that I know, but I only do it to those that deserve it.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:27 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Hatred of white people...rapping about violence towards whites....rapping about violence & disrespect of women. That is mainly what rap is about...and it's praised as an artform...even by young whites.

Many of the black artists of today are nothing more than gutter rats who somehow got discovered and are now able to preach their brand of violence to the masses. And in order to make a big buck, record companies and radio stations blast it out.

Disgusting that it isn't recognized for what it truly is.
There's more violence toward whites and toward women in Eminem's oeuvre than that of damn near any black rapper. Just saying.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:45 AM

62 posts, read 98,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
There's more violence toward whites and toward women in Eminem's oeuvre than that of damn near any black rapper. Just saying.
Ems violence in songs never was directed explicitly at either whites or blacks.

Ems early albums were never to be taken seriously anyway. They were a pretty high brow form of dark comedy actually. If you understand psychology and have listened to them multiple times you realize he was playing the role of a pathological liar manic depressive. His whole image wether it was really him or not was that of a completely insane madman loose in the inner city with the outward appearence of being normal or even harmless.

A rapper like ice cube on the other hand made 3 straight albums where he directly advocated violence against whites for racist reasons. He wasn't playing the role of a crazy guy just saying crazy stuff, his image was a militant intelectual that hates and seeks to destroy whites

Most rappers have at some point even 2pac and NaS advocated "making the white man bleed"

Old 12-19-2011, 06:47 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Like I said, in over your head. White guy telling me how it is to be black and the problems that plague black people. I've been black for 31 years
From your perspective what are the problems that plague blacks?

From mine it's the breakdown of the black family which perpetuates the cycle of poverty. Poverty is not just a black problem, it affects the whole country.

I'd like to see us end the cycle of poverty. This assertion that all conservatives want to keep everyone down is a media myth. There will always be people like that, but they aren't just conservatives. I've witnessed horrible behavior from liberals also.

I listen to some of the black leaders and wonder if their message is accepted by young blacks. Plenty of people hear Rush and Hannity and probably think they are representative of all conservatives. I put them in the bat-****e crazy entertainer category.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:19 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
So are violent video games, and controversial white artists and music (Marilyn Manson, punk rock artists) but I don't hear half the complaints about this stuff as I do rap and I've heard some pretty nasty punk music in my time.

How stupid would it be to pin a few white artists and/or artists' works on the whole population and say "all white artists of today are bums who play thrash metal in their mom's garage and get drunk every night"? And how long would that last?

Other than the media constantly saying that all teenagers who play violent video games and listen to punk rock/dress emo or goth have a tendency toward violence, nothing like this would possibly go on in the white community. For some reason art and pop culture are separated from the white community rather than being made to represent who they are, which is more than one can say for the black community.
There is no difference, but in the white community it seems to be more of a fad that fades with time, in some black communities it seems to be a way of life.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurbyThug View Post
Ems violence in songs never was directed explicitly at either whites or blacks.

Ems early albums were never to be taken seriously anyway. They were a pretty high brow form of dark comedy actually. If you understand psychology and have listened to them multiple times you realize he was playing the role of a pathological liar manic depressive. His whole image wether it was really him or not was that of a completely insane madman loose in the inner city with the outward appearence of being normal or even harmless.

A rapper like ice cube on the other hand made 3 straight albums where he directly advocated violence against whites for racist reasons. He wasn't playing the role of a crazy guy just saying crazy stuff, his image was a militant intelectual that hates and seeks to destroy whites

Most rappers have at some point even 2pac and NaS advocated "making the white man bleed"
So Eminem, the white rapper, was "only playing" at being violent.
Ice Cube, the black rapper, was clearly trying to start a "destroy whitey" campaign. Gotcha.

BTW, I can recall no Ice Cube, 2Pac or Nas song that advocated killing whites. Can you provide the name of said song?

Old 12-19-2011, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
There is no difference, but in the white community it seems to be more of a fad that fades with time, in some black communities it seems to be a way of life.
The only people who believe this are those with extremely small minds. If you base your perception of a whole race of people by rap videos, ghetto life, etc, it's extremely closed minded and quite sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies