Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 05:46 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
lol re:baggage. What is it with Repubs and obesity? Newt is 200 lbs overweight. too much pork.
200 lbs overweight? No way. How much does he weigh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 05:47 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,586,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
As I have said all along. I will not vote for Paul in the primaries.. I think he is dangerous. That said, should he recieve the nomination, I would hold my nose and try to settle my stomach and vote for him over Obama who is clearly even more dangerous than Paul. I would hope that should Paul not recieve the nomination, that Paul supporters will be big enough to support whoever the party does nominate as I would support Paul if he were to be.
There's a critical flaw in your analysis:

Being a Paul supporter != being a republican

I'm not a Republican. I'm a gay marriage supporting, pro-choice believing, anti-rocket-launcher-owning, environmental protection (within reason) believing, defense expenditure cutting atheist independent. I just also happen to be an economically conservative, entitlement programme disliking, pull-yourself-up-by-the-bootstraps believing, government-shouldn't-tell-me-what-to-eat-or-big-brother-me advocating, maybe-not-rocket-launchers-but-we-do-have-a-right-to-guns believing, wait a minute, we're going to stop construction on a skyscraper because of a rare snail?!? independent, as well. I, like MOST Americans, do not fit neatly in either of the 2 boxes.

I would never support a Bachmann (lunatic), or a Perry (religious freak), or a Gingrich (slimy as hell), or even a Romney (something about that guy gives me the heebie jeebies). 4 years ago, I supported an Obama. I won't be doing that again, either.

I, like many independents, will just stay home if those are our choices. Those who don't...will probably go with Obama again, just because if you've gotta go with one of those 5, might as well go for the Ivy League educated robot as opposed to the theocratic jingoist bigot.

Old 12-18-2011, 05:53 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Newts turkey wattle neck alone is excess 50 lbs. he needs wifey #4's( or #5 whatever she is) plastic surgeon....

he really should retire. making a fool of himself. 50% of female voters are under age 40, we dont vote for porker misogynists. This isnt 1990.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:44 PM

1,329 posts, read 832,190 times
Ron Paul is a libertarian ideologue that doesn't realize the kind of hell his idealism would cause, and is therefore very, very dangerous and stands no chance of winning (all the Democrats have to do is play the "hell yeah" healthcare video clip over and over during the general election). You'ld catch me voting for the likes of Sarah Palin before I ever voted for Ron Paul.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:52 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
So I'm reading up on all the political happenings of the week (I adopt a philosophy that Sunday is the day when Christians go listen to a bunch of BS, so I'll follow suit and play catch up on politics on it)....

All this Gingrich as the front-runner stuff, I just don't understand it.

Obama has failed as a president. I think most rational people can agree on that - and even some irrational, aka the extreme right. But I don't think the GOP gets that if they want us independents to come out and replace him, they've got to put somebody compelling out there.

If the name of the horse they trot out is Bachmann, Gingrich, Perry, or Romney...this country's getting another 4 years of the same incompetent guy we've already got. I mean, at least the current guy's got a smokin' hot wife.

There is no way I (or many independents) are going to hold our noses and vote for a complete whackjob (Bachmann), an invisible sky fairy obsessing freak (Perry), a magic underwear wearing sky fairy obsessing freak who couldn't even beat McCain 4 years ago (Romney), or a philandering, dirty ass snake in the grass (Gingrich). It'll never happen.

Paul would mop the floor with Obama if he had the nomination and could take center stage where people could actually hear him - unlike how it is today where the GOP and Democratic parties pay off the media to keep any mention of him buried. Huntsman might be able to pull it off due to lack of name recognition (ala Clinton in 92), even if he is essentially just Romney in a slightly less perfectly tailored suit.

The "frontrunners"? Not a chance in hell. And with the Des Moines Register starting off the season with the Romney nomination....I'm not sure the GOP or its backers are going to "get" it and put someone up that's going to beat O. You'd think they'd have learned by now.
Michelle Obama is hot? Hmm haven't heard that one before.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:52 PM

37,203 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
There is one, but people are too ignorant to even check his background.

Ron Paul is the guy.... He is a Christian and doesn't believe in gay marriage for example (it is his personal opinion) but he also doesn't believe the government should be telling people who they can marry.

Now as far as race goes..

Ron Paul is like Martin Luther King. Black voters support Ron Paul! - YouTube
Paul is also a big fan of Ayn Rand.

Disqualified.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Newts turkey wattle neck alone is excess 50 lbs. he needs wifey #4's( or #5 whatever she is) plastic surgeon....
In other words, you don't know his actual weight. If he were 200 lbs overweight, as you claim, he would have to weigh about 370 lbs and no way does he weigh that much!

Quote:
he really should retire. making a fool of himself. 50% of female voters are under age 40, we dont vote for porker misogynists. This isnt 1990.
Hey, if William the Impeached can be elected President, then anyone can!

Old 12-18-2011, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Michelle Obama is hot? Hmm haven't heard that one before.
Yeah, more accurate to say he has an anti-American wife.

Old 12-18-2011, 07:01 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
In order to win, the republicans will have to find someone who isn't a retread, a flaming loon, or carrying more baggage than Air Force One will handle; someone who believes in equality for all citizens be they male, female , straight, gay, and any color under the rainbow; and someone who appeals to the youth of America and all ethnic groups.

A lot of us have been saying this for several years now, and been laughed at by those who truly believe that America is radically right-wing, even in the face of a seven point lead by Obama in the 2008 election.

Keep on keeping on, republican party, if you don't want a chance at governing again. Obama is getting ready to blow your socks off in less than a year, and there's not a damned thing you can do about it. All you can do is start working on 2016.
The problem is that the Republican party ISN'T conservative enough. This Democrat lite crap is why Obama won.

If a guy like, say, Reagan ran, there would be the most epic beatdown of all time in the win over Obama

Old 12-18-2011, 07:03 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Very classless post. This is part of the reason the right will get their azzes handed to them soon enough.
I'm sure you think starting off the thread with "Sunday is the day when Christians go listen to a bunch of BS" is the height of class, but it is the level of class expected from the left.

The left had "their azzes handed to them" (again, very classy) in the last election, nothing has changed since then so expect the same thing to happen next November.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies