Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 10:22 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,527,793 times

Advertisements

It may be celebrity gossip, but it is not just that. Penn makes news when he globetrots as he meddles in international issues at times. He is controversial when he makes UnAmerican political statements so this thread fits here in a most excellent way.

Penn is an embarassment to our nation, but then so is our president so guess it's nothing new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 05:29 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,509,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
My comment was about the story, which is about a feud between two actors, if this isn't tabloid material I don't know what is. Doesn't matter if it's Fox news or TMZ, it's still celebrity gossip.
Given Penn's proclivities I'd say it's a bit more then tabloid gossip. Someone finally called him out for being a despicable person.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:51 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
So now you are accusing him of sexism. Since when is the insult "pig" associated with females? Now that's pretty sexist
I'm absolutely accusing him of sexism. If you doubt that calling a woman a pig is sexist you should ask any man.

Quote:
Yes he is. He's probably one of the best American film actors of his generation. Ask any film buff if you doubt this.
Why because he played gay and went full retard (see Tropic Thunder)?

Old 12-21-2011, 06:55 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Ever hear of "Free Speach"? It applies to things you don't want to hear as well as things you do. Get over yourselves.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:04 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,651,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Ever hear of "Free Speach"? It applies to things you don't want to hear as well as things you do. Get over yourselves.
I have heard of "free speech". Maria can say what she wants to Sean Penn in any airport across our great nation as long as she does not threaten him (which she didn't) or start some form of riot (yelling fire). Sean Penn on the other hand wants to support dictators who woul dmore than likely put a bullet in the brain of anyone who used "free speech" to speak out against their regime.

Good for Maria for telling Sean Penn that by supporting Chavez and other ruthless dictators that he is for full oppression of people. Sean Penn is a joke at this point as he think that because he puts his ugly mug on the big screen that his thoughts matter more than others.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:20 AM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
She shouldn't have attacked anything...she should've simply left him alone if she didn't like him. An airport is not the place for political arguments. It aint about class, it's about the proper time and place for such things.
First of all, they were apparently friends at one time, so maybe she felt that she could ask him a question without being ignored. Secondly, He is a public figure who purposefully promulgates his political views in the public realm. Therefore there is nothing wrong with challenging him on these views. Besides, it's not like they were at a funeral, on the contrary, they were in a very busy, loud place. Thirdly, she has challenged him to a debate and he is dodging her. Why didn't he answer her question or simply say give me your number and we'll talk? Why did he call her a pig? Could the answer be because his position is indefensible?

Quote:
As for whether or not he's A-list, that's here nor there. He lives his life as he pleases, and that's all that matters. He's not responsible to support you financially, so there is no reason for you to worry about what list he's on
Get a grip there DD, I don't even remotely give a rat's patootie how he lives. And why aren't you addressing the post that I was responding to that downplayed her career?

Old 12-21-2011, 08:30 AM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
So, a former d-list actress who feels as though Cuba would be better off under a Batista-like dictator, displays her right-wing credentials by verbally accosting someone at LAX. This, after she directed an "open letter" at him. He responded angrily.
Can you link anything that shows she supports a Batista-like dictator? If not then can you please not lie through your teeth to try to prove a point. Thank You in advance.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:35 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,724,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
His success at his chosen career doesn't excuse him for being a whackjob liberal who loves communist dictators. He is not above reproach or question from anyone.
Sean Penn's DAD was a communist idiot. The rotten apple does not fall far from the tree.

Spicoli should be required to live in this favorite dictatorship earning the same salary as the peasants and not the leaders.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:29 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,217,102 times
[quote=Mr. Joshua;22211765]
Quote:

Can you link anything that shows she supports a Batista-like dictator? If not then can you please not lie through your teeth to try to prove a point. Thank You in advance.
If you supporter the government that Castro supported, then you are a Batista suppoter

Old 12-21-2011, 11:20 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
[quote=Mr. Joshua;22211593]
Quote:

First of all, they were apparently friends at one time, so maybe she felt that she could ask him a question without being ignored. Secondly, He is a public figure who purposefully promulgates his political views in the public realm. Therefore there is nothing wrong with challenging him on these views. Besides, it's not like they were at a funeral, on the contrary, they were in a very busy, loud place. Thirdly, she has challenged him to a debate and he is dodging her. Why didn't he answer her question or simply say give me your number and we'll talk? Why did he call her a pig? Could the answer be because his position is indefensible?

Get a grip there DD, I don't even remotely give a rat's patootie how he lives. And why aren't you addressing the post that I was responding to that downplayed her career?
They are obviously not friends anymore and haven't been for years...and he has a right to ignore her requests for a conversation. If she's such a damn friend, then she can talk to him privately, not confront him in an airport.

Secondly, he said VERY CLEARLY that he didn't want to talk to her. In the real f*cking world, that means "beat it and GTFOH"....and that's what sensible people do. She has no right to try to force him to answer questions that he doesn't want to answer. She's not a media member, just some actor wanting answers from someone that doesn't owe her one.

Where do you folks come from? Where i'm from, when someone says that they don't want to talk to you, you move on. I don't talk to people that i don't like unless i have to. She didn't have to bother him. He wasn't looking for trouble, she was. Challenging people to a debate in an airport? LMAO...like they say in Detroit...."where dey do dat at?"

He called her a pig because she deserved to be called a pig, and if it had been me instead of Penn, i would've called her much, much worse than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies