Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 12:23 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,178 times

Advertisements

Penn has accused Alonso's brother of orchestrating an assassination attempt on Chavez. I don't care if anyone tells me they don't want to talk; if they are accusing me or a family member of something, they are going to talk!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 12:24 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
You want to put your opinions out there and make outrageous statements such as Sean Penn, then you are going to get some feedback. He is the one who is saying Chavez is not a dictator. If you doesn't want someone challenging his views, then he should keep them to himself.

No one is saying he has to answer or do anything. She spoke her mind just as he did his.
He took his feedback, and his answer was "i don't want to talk to you."

What does that mean where you come from?

BTW...are you accustomed to having political arguments about international issues in airports?

And so what if he says that Chavez isn't a dictator? Is that so important? Hell, i was under the impression that we was elected. (he was)

Old 12-21-2011, 12:27 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Penn has accused Alonso's brother of orchestrating an assassination attempt on Chavez. I don't care if anyone tells me they don't want to talk; if they are accusing me or a family member of something, they are going to talk!
I've never heard that before. If that's the case I could understand her anger. The only question I have is, why didn't she confront him about that? Instead she rants about Chavez, almost implying that is was justified.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Well...did he? Do you know in fact that her brother DIDN'T orchestrate it? Her brother is a big boy....let him fight his own battles. But you don't step to someone in an airport looking to cause a scene, then whine because you were called a pig. He should've called her more than that.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
I've never heard that before. If that's the case I could understand her anger. The only question I have is, why didn't she confront him about that? Instead she rants about Chavez, almost implying that is was justified.
Her brother is a notorious Anti Castro/Chavez hothead. I wouldn't put it past him even though i don't know the dude. If Sean Penn leveled the charge, there is at least a small chance that there is some merit to it.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:30 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,752,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Who Sean Penn supports isn't material here. He has a right to like whatever dictator he pleases. Why the hell should she care?
Maybe because Maria Conchita Alonso is actually from Venezuela and has seen from the inside just how terrible Hugo Chavez's regime is? It's called "perspective," which is something that most limousine liberals don't have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I don't understand why you guys care about the political views of actors.
Maybe because they shove their political views down everybody's throats and then insult everybody who disagrees with them?

Quote:
She's a decent actress and she's been in some good films, but she couldn't be on his level if she lived 10 lifetimes.

That's just the simple fact. She's not on his level in any way, shape or form as far as acting goes. She's a decent co-star, but she can't carry a film in the way he can.
For just one moment, who gives a **** about acting skills? This isn't about Sean Penn the actor; it's about Sean Penn the person, and she's dead on, regardless of whether or not she's as good of an actor as he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
You want to put your opinions out there and make outrageous statements such as Sean Penn, then you are going to get some feedback. He is the one who is saying Chavez is not a dictator. If [he] doesn't want someone challenging his views, then he should keep them to himself.

No one is saying he has to answer or do anything. She spoke her mind just as he did his.
Bingo. Words have consequences just like actions do.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Well...did he? Do you know in fact that her brother DIDN'T orchestrate it? Her brother is a big boy....let him fight his own battles. But you don't step to someone in an airport looking to cause a scene, then whine because you were called a pig. He should've called her more than that.
No. He didn't. Even if he did, she has every right to speak her mind to Penn and defend her brother. You see, it's what families do. Apparently, you wouldn't lift a finger to defend your family but most people would do so to defend their own families. So, yes, I WOULD step up to someone in an airport who has publicly accused me or a family member. The only reason why people saw this was because this was the only time she has seen him in public.

Perhaps he should have answered her letter. Had he done so, this may have been avoided.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Her brother is a notorious Anti Castro/Chavez hothead. I wouldn't put it past him even though i don't know the dude. If Sean Penn leveled the charge, there is at least a small chance that there is some merit to it.
Funny. If anyone is a hothead, it's Penn. His history speaks loudly.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Maybe because Maria Conchita Alonso is actually from Venezuela and has seen from the inside just how terrible Hugo Chavez's regime is? It's called "perspective," which is something that most limousine liberals don't have.
Alonso has been in this country for at least 35 years...i don't know what the hell she knows about Venezuela. If Chavez's regime is so bad, then she can go home and overthrow it. The guy was elected, he's in his own damn country, and i don't give a damn how he runs it. That's not my business, nor is it yours.

Furthermore, if she approached him in an airport, and he made it clear that he wasn't interested in talking to her....GOODBYE. That means leave...skidaddle, beat it. Now if she persists, then he should call her names...which he did.

Now she wants to complain to the media about being called a pig after running up on a dude that wasn't having it. Well too bad.

As for your personal opinions on Sean Penn the man, well, i'm sure he'll sleep well tonite.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:41 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Maybe because Maria Conchita Alonso is actually from Venezuela and has seen from the inside just how terrible Hugo Chavez's regime is?.
She came to the USA decades before Chavez was elected President. That's like someone who left the USA twenty years ago commenting on Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies