Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 12:01 PM

7 posts, read 6,004 times

Advertisements

This is in response to another thread where someone had asked about what should we do with Pakistan and most of the replies were around these lines:

"Kill them, bomb them, destroy them, they hate us, they lie to us"

What happened to the American value of humanity and equality? Why cant there be a peaceful solution to this or any other problem?

You call yourselves civilised, the greatest country in the world, yet your response to a foreign policy issue is to only kill innocents of hundreds and thousands of people because you have the capability to do so!

It stinks.

The only thing that differentiates America from the rest of the world is the unity of people living there and their friendly relations with everyone living in or outside USA. I am NOT talking about the American government having friendly relations with foreign governments, instead I am talking about ordinary Americans who treat other Americans and non-Americans with respect and love. Unlike the UK, where the Whites feel that every "other" person living over here has invaded their land and they reserve the right to deport them.

In other words, its your culture of love and harmony that makes the America of today.

But obviously, after 9/11, this has changed a lot. And the people changing this for all negative outcomes is Americans themselves.

Its sick.

Sick to know that you guys are destroying your country with your hands. The minute your culture changes, the minute you think that Christians are better then Muslims, or Whites are better then blacks, the minute this thought enters your society and is allowed to prevail that America is a victim and all others are criminals, you will start to effectively grain a culture of segregation that will eventually destroy your country.

Come to London and look at the immense hatred one community has for another community, a neighbour against a neighbour, one religion against another religion. The London riots were a living proof of this sick society, as they allowed this ideology to prevail that they are the victims of all that is happening around them. Whites feel that they are the victims of an anti White institutionalism, Asians feel they are being suppressed by the Whites, Blacks have their reservations. Nobody likes the other person and people are happy to live segregated lives. Like travelling in a London underground train, where you will see whites with whites, Asians with Asians, black with blacks.

Now tell me, would you allow this fear or anger that was grained in the US society after 9/11 to change your culture for all disgusting results? Would you commit the same mistake or stupidity of sectarianism that has already destroyed several nations because people in those nations had started fighting against each other.

Why is Pakistan in this state of mess? Why has Afghanistan always remained a war zone? After all the inhabitants of these countries are also human beings but their culture is different, they have allowed this ideology of sectarianism or segregation to prevail and rule their culture and from there onwards, their generations upon generations have paid the price.

I am sure that both Pakistan and Afghanistan started by raving against the West or a foreign entity, one thing leads to anther, the hatred that was initially meant for foreigners soon invaded their society and their culture, and then the hatred automatically turned towards their own people.

But in the US its still limited, US can still repair this damage and start again, treat everyone with love and respect and you will save your generations from becoming the Afghanistan or Pakistan of the future.

I can only show you the way, you are the ones who have to step up and cross the gate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 12:10 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
"I am talking about ordinary Americans who treat other Americans and non-Americans with respect and love."

Lol

Old 01-02-2012, 12:20 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furical View Post
This is in response to another thread where someone had asked about what should we do with Pakistan and most of the replies were around these lines:

What happened to the American value of humanity and equality? Why cant there be a peaceful solution to this or any other problem?

You call yourselves civilised, the greatest country in the world, yet your response to a foreign policy issue is to only kill innocents of hundreds and thousands of people because you have the capability to do so!

It stinks.

The only thing that differentiates America from the rest of the world is the unity of people living there and their friendly relations with everyone living in or outside USA. I am NOT talking about the American government having friendly relations with foreign governments, instead I am talking about ordinary Americans who treat other Americans and non-Americans with respect and love. Unlike the UK, where the Whites feel that every "other" person living over here has invaded their land and they reserve the right to deport them.

In other words, its your culture of love and harmony that makes the America of today.

But obviously, after 9/11, this has changed a lot. And the people changing this for all negative outcomes is Americans themselves.

Its sick.

Sick to know that you guys are destroying your country with your hands. The minute your culture changes, the minute you think that Christians are better then Muslims, or Whites are better then blacks, the minute this thought enters your society and is allowed to prevail that America is a victim and all others are criminals, you will start to effectively grain a culture of segregation that will eventually destroy your country.

Come to London and look at the immense hatred one community has for another community, a neighbour against a neighbour, one religion against another religion. The London riots were a living proof of this sick society, as they allowed this ideology to prevail that they are the victims of all that is happening around them. Whites feel that they are the victims of an anti White institutionalism, Asians feel they are being suppressed by the Whites, Blacks have their reservations. Nobody likes the other person and people are happy to live segregated lives. Like travelling in a London underground train, where you will see whites with whites, Asians with Asians, black with blacks.

Now tell me, would you allow this fear or anger that was grained in the US society after 9/11 to change your culture for all disgusting results? Would you commit the same mistake or stupidity of sectarianism that has already destroyed several nations because people in those nations had started fighting against each other.

Why is Pakistan in this state of mess? Why has Afghanistan always remained a war zone? After all the inhabitants of these countries are also human beings but their culture is different, they have allowed this ideology of sectarianism or segregation to prevail and rule their culture and from there onwards, their generations upon generations have paid the price.

I am sure that both Pakistan and Afghanistan started by raving against the West or a foreign entity, one thing leads to anther, the hatred that was initially meant for foreigners soon invaded their society and their culture, and then the hatred automatically turned towards their own people.

But in the US its still limited, US can still repair this damage and start again, treat everyone with love and respect and you will save your generations from becoming the Afghanistan or Pakistan of the future.

I can only show you the way, you are the ones who have to step up and cross the gate.
Would it be unfair to ask you for a link to who you were quoting there. You shifted from first person to second and so on too many times and we deserve a link to who is talking where.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:03 PM

7 posts, read 6,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Would it be unfair to ask you for a link to who you were quoting there. You shifted from first person to second and so on too many times and we deserve a link to who is talking where.
Roysoldboy, I am talking about people on this thread.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-pakistan.html

Old 01-02-2012, 01:09 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think s/he quoted only one sentence and indicated it accordingly. And even that was only an indirect quote...

Old 01-02-2012, 01:23 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,536,576 times
Quote:

Isn't this what America was founded on?

Old 01-02-2012, 01:45 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times
Americans don't like peace. Americans don't people that are different.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:57 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,078,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Americans don't like peace. Americans don't people that are different.
I do not agree with that at all...I think big business defense contractors and their lackey politicians hate peace,not the American people.

Old 01-02-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Roysoldboy, I am talking about people on this thread.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-pakistan.html
That much I surmised but failed to see any kind of link to say who it was you were quoting. You should always use quotation marks when quoting and try to have links to prove what you say.

Actually I was just trying to give you some idea about what you need to do since I noticed that you were rather new to the site. It is demanded that you use links when quoting by many here.

I didn't find a lot to disagree with you about in your post but wanted to set you straight as to what to expect here.

Old 01-02-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawena View Post
Isn't this what America was founded on?
Well, maybe you are right but things have changed so much since those days. We have intercontinental ballistic missiles (both sides), the ability to circle the globe without landing, global positioning, shoulder fired rockets, and on and on weapons that nobody in government had any ideas about back then. Now we are to the point that we must defend ourselves. Many think that the use of the A bomb by us was all wrong but I agreed with it then and still think it was the thing to do. Did the Founders have any idea of how many people would be killed on both sides in the Pacific and how they would be killed? Somehow I don't think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies