Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 11:48 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times

Advertisements

I certainly sometimes get angry at Conservative posters if they themselves present nastiness. Generally I'm pretty friendly, but especially the gay threads bring out my defense side. I think being called a "perverted abomination who will burn in hell" and being compared to a child molester all the time will make anyone snap and get defensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 11:52 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
i dont know about stupid. definitely anger issues. it does not seem to matter whether dem or GOP, what color skin or politics. last 2 presidents both signed for 6 trillion more debt and did unprovoked invasions of other countries. we voted both in remember? the only ones protesting anything are the "occupy wall street kids" and we are ready to string them up. we hate our parents teachers social workers and cops. we despise the husbands who bring home the bacon. only 47% of americans work full time and we think most of them are meat heads. we got alot more than 50 years ago but we aren't very nice anymore are we?
maybe time for a little christmas cheer and peace and good will, instead of the rageaholic thing.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 12-23-2011 at 12:20 AM..

Old 12-22-2011, 11:58 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,482,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I certainly sometimes get angry at Conservative posters if they themselves present nastiness. Generally I'm pretty friendly, but especially the gay threads bring out my defense side. I think being called a "perverted abomination who will burn in hell" and being compared to a child molester all the time will make anyone snap and get defensive.
I understand being lied about. I'm not gay myself, but I deeply resent the "liberals are unpatriotic, communist traitors who hate America" lie that I hear. As if only conservatives can love America. I find that deeply offensive.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:19 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I understand being lied about. I'm not gay myself, but I deeply resent the "liberals are unpatriotic, communist traitors who hate America" lie that I hear. As if only conservatives can love America. I find that deeply offensive.
Yea, and the "let's keep cutting taxes on me, so we can axe the services for you, but don't touch my Medicare, and screw all you young whiners who want some help paying for our numerous stingy, geriatric asses after we retire, because we are real patriots and we vote to support righteously phony idiots who cannot remember three government agencies they will axe yet can miraculously balance the budget through more corporate tax cuts and elimination of all government jobs" types get under my skin too.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:24 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,151 times
Maybe there will be a Christmas miracle and we'll all put away our differences, and love thy neighbor....................... but I doubt it. lol.
I do agree with the OP. It gets old with all the hate goin' around.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Yea, and the "let's keep cutting taxes on me, so we can axe the services for you, but don't touch my Medicare, and screw all you young whiners who want some help paying for our numerous stingy, geriatric asses after we retire, because we are real patriots and we vote to support righteously phony idiots who cannot remember three government agencies they will axe yet can miraculously balance the budget through more corporate tax cuts and elimination of all government jobs" types get under my skin too.
I'm conservative, and even I thought that was funny.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
See, you do it so much better than I would. At least you try to be civil. If I were gay and people were saying crap like that to me. I'd probably be kciked off.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:29 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
So this thread has turned into a bash the right thread. LOL. I guess you lefties have defeated the purpose of the thread entirely. Good job. Keep the hate rhetoric flowing like you claim you don't. LOL

Old 12-23-2011, 03:31 AM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
Some folks can't even see their level of intolerance. There is a type of person that freaks-out when conservative truths are spoken. They are like a demon having a cross held up to it. Let the light of truth burn 'em. They give themselves away, and they do no harm.

Old 12-23-2011, 04:02 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
I believe this reached a fever pitch around 2005. Walk into a local bookstore and there were a slew of books with "hate" right in the title: "The I hate George W. Bush Reader," "Sweet Jesus, I Hate Bill O'Reilly," etc. Krauthammer called it the 'Bush Derangement Syndrome.' But amazingly, this rabid style was effective politically, and helped push W's approval numbers down to 30 by the end of his second term. That guaranteed that the rabid style is going to persist for a while, unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies