Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 08:55 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,324,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪♫♪♪♫♫♪♥ View Post
I like how in that card they were all running downhill in a, you know, race to the bottom. You can always count of Fox to hit the bottom first!
The symbolism in Fox's Christmas card gives all kinds of opportunities for different interpretations. I especially like the idea of their sheep (viewers) pulling the Fox (Murdock) downhill (into the land of irrelevance). It's also interesting that CNN and NPB aren't even in the race to the bottom and are watching their peers destroy themselves. I think whoever at Fox who okay'd those cards should get fired. The artist was obviously poking fun of Fox and their purchaser was too dump to figure it out.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 12-24-2011 at 10:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 10:36 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,063,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thank you for connecting the dots, even if you dont comprehend the hypocracy. MSNBC criticized Palin for doing the EXACT SAME THING the White house did, not having Merry Christmas on their card.

You dont see the irony in the left wing getting all upset because right wingers criticized the White House, but not a peep from you guys when left wingers are critical of those who dont have Merry Christmas on their cards.

I think the whole thing is nonsense, but here we are, with left wingers making a big deal out of it, while attacking right wingers for making a big deal out of it..

Rather sad you dont even see the hypocracy.
Wow, really?

1) Palin criticized other people for having happy holidays on their cards.
2) Palin has happy holidays on her cards.
3) Maddow called her out for it, just like Faux News was called out for it.

The only person who can get something different then that has either an extremely poor command of the English language, or has left reality far behind. I would guess more the latter as the "link" you are referring to that you posted in #10 is a picture...not a link to a video or a transcript on another site. Please get some help in the new year, you need it.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:03 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,148,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So Fox tells it's listeners they're sheep....and they still listen???
Obviously the FOX card designer has a sense of humor and rellies on the stupidity of their viewwers not to get this very telltale symbolism....or...someone at FOX is so stupid that they did not realize that their viewers are often referred to as sheep. Since when do sheep pull sleds anyway?

This card is very odd and yes, FOX is being very idiotic bashing Obama's card and then putting this card out.

Old 12-24-2011, 07:35 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,823,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I just have to wonder if those that make these accusations know how truly stupid they sound? I guess not because it just goes on ad nauseum. And that's the really frightening thing for me--that there are people out there crazy enough to think/feel this way (when it was fine a few years ago) AND they don't even have the good sense to limit it to discussion around the dinner table. At least, back in the day, stupid, ignorant bigots knew to keep their mouths shut. They've apparently lost that one last civilized skill.
There is a lunatic fringe segment of america that believes the most outrageous lies and are filled with hate and ignorance. They go by the extreme right/tea party and places like fox do their programming. They don't care if what they are being told is factual or not, just as long as it tells them what the "want" to hear.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:49 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,301,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Fox news, Palin and other far right nutcases have been ridiculing president Obama for not having "merry christmas" or any other chirstmas related items on his holiday card, and trying to smear him for this as being a muslim.
In a showing of complete hypocrisy, neither does fox news.

Their card interestingly has nothing related to christmas on it at all. The funny thing, is the card depicts a fox being pulled the strongest by it's sheep (hmmmmm )

Now using fox logic, that would mean fox news themselves are radical muslims! aaaahh!
How does it feel to be so biased that you see something in things like that card that really aren't there except for people like you? I wonder about that but don't expect to get an answer.

Would it be unfair to ask you for some kind of proof of all the accusations you made in your totally biased OP with no proof of anything? I bet that card came from something MSNBC put out.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
There is a lunatic fringe segment of america that believes the most outrageous lies and are filled with hate and ignorance. They go by the extreme right/tea party and places like fox do their programming. They don't care if what they are being told is factual or not, just as long as it tells them what the "want" to hear.
Now maybe you should tell us who it is that tells your fringe what it wants to hear. Don't have the guts, do you?

Old 12-24-2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Sometime back I was whipping across HBO and there was a guy with one of the longest necks I have ever seen on a human being so I watched to see if it talked and much to my surprise the voice was kind of female sounding so I watched some more and found it was Rachel Madcow. I have said this because it is true, to me, and because lefties like to talk about the Adam's Apple on Ann Coulter.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Obviously the FOX card designer has a sense of humor and rellies on the stupidity of their viewwers not to get this very telltale symbolism....or...someone at FOX is so stupid that they did not realize that their viewers are often referred to as sheep. Since when do sheep pull sleds anyway?

This card is very odd and yes, FOX is being very idiotic bashing Obama's card and then putting this card out.
Do you have some proof somewhere that this card was put out by Fox? It seems to me that an OP that had only the words of the writer and this picture are all the proof we have. Well, I guess when one of you progs pull that trick it is all well and good.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Eh, Faux News a joke. The great thing about an audience that wants to believe the hate that the network spouts is that they don't really care about facts, consistency, or even sanity. I guess there needs to be a TV show for those between being mentally disabled and average intelligence.
Have you noticed that you of the prog lean have been having so much fun here and not one bit of proof of what the OP said has been offered? Maybe you people need to stop and think now and then. The only thing I see here as proof of anything came from MSNBC and I bet all 48 of their listeners are posting here.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
The symbolism in Fox's Christmas card gives all kinds of opportunities for different interpretations. I especially like the idea of their sheep (viewers) pulling the Fox (Murdock) downhill (into the land of irrelevance). It's also interesting that CNN and NPB aren't even in the race to the bottom and are watching their peers destroy themselves. I think whoever at Fox who okay'd those cards should get fired. The artist was obviously poking fun of Fox and their purchaser was too dump to figure it out.
Has someone here offered any kind of proof that that card came from Fox News? If so I haven't seen it but I try not to read every prog post I come on and that is all there seems to be here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies