Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 08:59 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Fox admitted it was a lie.
No they didnt, they said IF they lied, they were allowed..
Quote:
And they lost in front of three other judges. Their defense was, they have the right to lie. Clearly you also suffer from lack of reading comprehension. The fact that they won based on the First Amendment right to free speech, is what makes the case so funny (yet sad).
I said their defense was that they had a right to lie.. Clearly its YOU has the comprehension issue.
Quote:
Their defense was, yes we lied but we have the right to lie.
no it wasnt.. I challenge you to go to the court documents rather than listening to your left wing bs sources. Their defense was they have a RIGHT to lie, not that they did.
Quote:
And it doesn't matter if it was an affiliate, it was Fox.
Yes it does matter because Fox affiliates, are not Fox. But hey, you have no problem lying, do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Makes 'em feel better. RWNJ mindset is all about feelings, not reality. Fox gives them daily affirmation. They need that in their "us vs them" fantasy world, where Americans are their most dangerous enemies.
MSNBC spends ALL DAY concentrating on "MSNBC vs FOX", and you sit here and project this "us vs them" onto Fox.. haha.. you guys are pathetic.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:02 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,482,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
You hit the proverbial nail on the proverbial head......PBS, CSPAN, MSNBC, CNN, ABC NBC, and CBS are so biased to the left it would sink a proverbial Titanic.
Spoken like a true cult member

for the record, I rarely watch MSNBC unless there's something good on Morning Joe.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post

for the record, I rarely watch MSNBC unless there's something good on Morning Joe.
So if you believe most news medias lean left, you are a cult member?

Old 12-27-2011, 09:06 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
The hosts at MSNBC have historically delegitimized it. It is MSNBC's own doing. Of course, in true liberal fashion, the OP seeks to place the blame elsewhere.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:06 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post

I'm sure you are a big Fox viewer, just like the other posters here defending them. There is no way you are going to admit you get your information from a laughable/questionable source so you have to defend them even though there are entire shows such as Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert making fun of them every night and they have higher ratings than Fox.

http://www.politicususa.com/en/jon-stewart-fox-ratings

Old 12-27-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
I'm sure you are a big Fox viewer, just like the other posters here defending them. There is no way you are going to admit you get your information from a laughable/questionable source
This from the poster that used "ceasespin.org" blog as a source. haha..

And the rest, showing John Stewart had higher ratings, they used a month where ALL channels were down.. For gods sakes, give it a break.. I cant stand laughing at someone so much without feeling sorry for you. Did you even read your link? According to "Comedy Central".. and among CERTAIN viewers, not all of them..

Only The O’Reilly Factor (2.8 million) drew more total viewers than The Daily Show (2.3 million).

Clearly John Stewart doesnt have higher ratings.. and the story even said that.. But hey, you are using them as a source anyways.. haha

He is literally teaching his audience, which is bigger than FNC’s, how to see through the partisan propaganda

Haha, so his viewers are so stupid, they need taught. oooh my, thanks for the laugh, even if its at your expense.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:09 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
MSNBC spends ALL DAY concentrating on "MSNBC vs FOX", and you sit here and project this "us vs them" onto Fox.. haha.. you guys are pathetic.

There go those feelings again...

Old 12-27-2011, 09:10 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Hardly. I am thrilled to remind the GOP that they nominated her as only a heartbeat away from the presidency. We will never stop reminding you.

Just like, as of now, Newt Gingrich is leading the GOP nomination in total. Even though, he's the guy that cheated on at least two wives, is married to his former mistress, was leading the charge against Clinton while sleeping with his own Hill staffer, was fined $300K by his own party, still, he is the favorite of GOP social conservatives because they hate Romney so much.

Face it, you guys adhere to "conservative values" only as long as they're convenient. But that's a different topic.
No need to paint with such a wide brush....If you want I can start with all ows, cause if your a dem, you must belong to the ows crowd.

But, since you brought up slick willie...who was impeached? Oh yea...Billie boy....for what? telling a lie?

Oh, we you you and the left get "thrills up your legs", so, when we bring up stuff like slick willie...we should not hear any babble from you lefties...huh...

Old 12-27-2011, 09:12 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
You hit the proverbial nail on the proverbial head......PBS, CSPAN, MSNBC, CNN, ABC NBC, and CBS are so biased to the left it would sink a proverbial Titanic.
...and there is one, and only one channel that leans conservative, and it drives the libs freaking nutso.

NPR tries to be nonpartisan, but 90% of all shows have both the guests and hosts, and 95% of the callers who are all raging libs. The most common phrase on a liberal NPR show is "Oh, I agree", where the liberal host, guests and callers all agree with each other. Even when they have a guest on, to represent the conservative view, he/she is too often simply a writer for the NYT or some other liberal rag or professor from a liberal university.

It's soooo rare, to hear a host from NPR actually challenge a liberal guest or caller, when they parrot some liberal talking point or repeat a liberal stereotype. Ninety percent of the time the host's comment will be tacit approval, grunting with "Uh, huh".

Guest: "Republicans voted down the bill, because they want to take away grandma's Medicare, and steal from the poor"

Host: "Uh, huh"

Caller: "Oh, I agree"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies