Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2011, 01:32 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,765,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
white people are why the rap industry is the number 1 profitable form of music in the us today. white people love ghetto rap culture. 70 percent of rap sales are from white kids. all facts
That is 70% of the sales not 70% of the population. And my kids(older) won't be caught dead listening to it.And don't forget, whites make up about 80% of the population, so it makes sense they would have more purchases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 01:34 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,765,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Would you have posted the thread if a bunch of white teenage girls caused the same thing to happen over Justin Bieber in another large mall??
Like thats gonna happen!

Old 12-27-2011, 01:36 PM

22,230 posts, read 19,537,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Like thats gonna happen!
It did which is why I brought it up....

Old 12-27-2011, 01:47 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,483,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Jail time. Stop slapping them with probation or community service even if they are minors. Send a clear message that gang-like violence is not tolerated even if their mothers stand in court crying what a good boy they are.
Boy you sure have the Mother's peged, but good one. That is exactly what the Mother's do, oh no not my little johnny he is such a good boy. Yeah right Mom, while little johnny is running a muck in a gang, and causing chaos.

Old 12-27-2011, 01:58 PM

37,162 posts, read 42,333,240 times
Idle minds and all that...some people crave excitement and want to be whipped into a frenzy.

1,058 posts, read 1,266,962 times
A couple of comments:

1. Not surprised this was incited by rumours that weezy and drake were showing up (both are whack and terrible at their art form). Drake recently got called out by Common and would be destroyed by common in a hiphop battle....however, if Common were going to show up at a Mall, 90% of these people wouldn't show up. Oddly enough, non-black teens/adults support a lot of older and 'better' hiphop whilst trashy artists get supported by those who act like this.

2. This isn't indicative of hiphop/rap concerts in general. I am not black but I have been to tons of hiphop concerts over the years and I have never seen ruckus like this occuring. And i've seen everyone from Tribe called quest to Nas to Mos Def to Redman/Method Man to Outkast to Ludacris.

I think it is more indicative of drake/weezy supporters than black people or hiphop fans in general.

23,766 posts, read 29,172,919 times
it's time we take off our blinders and put the blame where it belongs...with the chairs.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:18 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,082,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
white people are why the rap industry is the number 1 profitable form of music in the us today. white people love ghetto rap culture. 70 percent of rap sales are from white kids. all facts
And most of those suburban white kids would not think it was so cool if they actually had to live in the "hood"

It is easy to act and talk and dress like a thug, but it is totally different to be a thug

Old 12-27-2011, 02:24 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,082,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mufc1878 View Post
A couple of comments:

1. Not surprised this was incited by rumours that weezy and drake were showing up (both are whack and terrible at their art form). Drake recently got called out by Common and would be destroyed by common in a hiphop battle....however, if Common were going to show up at a Mall, 90% of these people wouldn't show up. Oddly enough, non-black teens/adults support a lot of older and 'better' hiphop whilst trashy artists get supported by those who act like this.

2. This isn't indicative of hiphop/rap concerts in general. I am not black but I have been to tons of hiphop concerts over the years and I have never seen ruckus like this occuring. And i've seen everyone from Tribe called quest to Nas to Mos Def to Redman/Method Man to Outkast to Ludacris.

I think it is more indicative of drake/weezy supporters than black people or hiphop fans in general.
Both Drake and this common idiot would get destroyed by Tupac, Scarface or any of the old school guys.

Hip hop has gotten so commercial and lame these days because of the mtv and vh1 garbage chasing a dollar instead of actually having something positive to say.

People are making too many excuses for negative culture and it affects everyone

Old 12-27-2011, 02:29 PM

22,230 posts, read 19,537,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Both Drake and this common idiot would get destroyed by Tupac, Scarface or any of the old school guys.

Hip hop has gotten so commercial and lame these days because of the mtv and vh1 garbage chasing a dollar instead of actually having something positive to say.

People are making too many excuses for negative culture and it affects everyone
Common is one of the old school guys and is classic hip hop. I do agree though the hi hop of back in the day was better than most of what is out now, which is basically southern pop hop and not true hip hop. I know Drake isn't southern, but those associated with him are (Lil waye, Young Money) and the whole sound is the southern pop hop stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies