Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 05:23 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times

Advertisements

You know at least once a week I am hearing a new story on the News about how the TSA confiscated this, or searched that 85 year old women or 3 year old child. Always accompanied by how OUTRAGED everyone is that they would do such a thing. Just tonight I heard what would become the inspiration for this thread. Apparently, a TSA workeer confiscated a cup cake.

To all those who complain....why exactly are you complaining that they are doing a good and thorough job? You act as if an 85 year old women could not be a terrorist or that an adult terrorist would never hide a weapon on a child? Like a terrorist absolutely could not hide a chemical agent in a cup cake or other pastry.

If all this complaining leads to a draw back on how the TSA operates, it will lead to them being more lax and create a weakness amongst airport security. Think about it, if you were one of these terrorists, where would you hide a weapon? Hmmmmm..... they will never suspect a child or an elderly women would be concealing any weapons, so lets try that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 05:26 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times
"Bow down before the one you serve / you're going to get what you deserve"

If I was a terrorist (god, this is probably gonna get me put in some file somewhere lol), I'd probably just attack the public areas were there's absolutely no security.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:28 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
Whippersnapper, no way gonna quit complaining about the TSA!
Gonna gripe every chance I get, about them. They are not saving lives with what they are doing. In fact, were I a terrorist I'd put the next bomb off right in line with the poor, obedient and no-longer FREE citizens waiting to get demoralized by being felt-off worse than on a second date.

Also, since the terrorists are the type willing to die for their cause, were I a terrorist a tampon would become a very useful thing.

How long before some mindless numbnutters at some govt. agency actually dares to consider GYN stirrups? Not long after some female terrorist uses a tampon in such a thinkless, yet possible manner.

Hurricane, I posted this slowly and very cool that we were making one of the very, same points.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:29 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
You know at least once a week I am hearing a new story on the News about how the TSA confiscated this, or searched that 85 year old women or 3 year old child. Always accompanied by how OUTRAGED everyone is that they would do such a thing. Just tonight I heard what would become the inspiration for this thread. Apparently, a TSA workeer confiscated a cup cake.

To all those who complain....why exactly are you complaining that they are doing a good and thorough job? You act as if an 85 year old women could not be a terrorist or that an adult terrorist would never hide a weapon on a child? Like a terrorist absolutely could not hide a chemical agent in a cup cake or other pastry.

If all this complaining leads to a draw back on how the TSA operates, it will lead to them being more lax and create a weakness amongst airport security. Think about it, if you were one of these terrorists, where would you hide a weapon? Hmmmmm..... they will never suspect a child or an elderly women would be concealing any weapons, so lets try that!
How many terror attempts in the process has the TSA stopped? Go ahead and list them.

Let me start:

Underwear bomber, nope...stopped by those on the plane.
Shoe bomber, nope, stopped by those on the plane.

Maybe the OP can find some examples?

Old 12-27-2011, 05:36 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
How many terror attempts in the process has the TSA stopped? Go ahead and list them.

Let me start:

Underwear bomber, nope...stopped by those on the plane.
Shoe bomber, nope, stopped by those on the plane.

Maybe the OP can find some examples?
The problem is, you are asking the wrong question. The better question would be, "how many more terror attempts might there have been had the TSA not been in place"??? We will never know.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:41 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,094,294 times
Ah, a TSA employee shows up out of the blue...

Well explain this TSA employee:
25,000 TSA Security Breaches Since 2001: Government Report - ABC News

Quote:
The Transportation Security Administration has suffered more than 25,000 security breaches in U.S. airports in the past ten years...

Of the 25,000 breaches, more than 14,000 people were able to access sensitive areas of the airport and some 6,000 passengers and carry-on luggage were able to make it past government checkpoints without proper scrutiny.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:42 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:

Its really simple, We are suppose to be FREE

Old 12-27-2011, 05:43 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
The problem is, you are asking the wrong question. The better question would be, "how many more terror attempts might there have been had the TSA not been in place"??? We will never know.
So your entire argument for surrendering the 4th Amendment and to allow perverts to feel up children, the elderly, and young women is based on trying to prove a negative? Really?

Or, maybe you are in support of those fleecing Americans so they may profit from the airport x-ray cancer machines?

Quote:
With all the commotion over the invasiveness of the naked-body scanners used by the United States Transportation Security Administration (TSA), one question that has been ignored is who is profiting from TSA’s use of the body scanners? Mark Hemingway and Tim Carney at The Examiner discovered the shameful answer: George Soros, Michael Chertoff, and a number of lobbyists.

Both Soros and Chertoff are profiting from the naked-body scanners by way of the company Rapiscan, whose contract is worth $173 million. Lobbyists for this company include Susan Carr, a former senior legislative aide to Rep. David Price (D-N.C.) who is coincidentally chairman of the Homeland Security Subcommittee.
Getting Rich from the TSA Naked-Body Scanners (http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/economy/commentary-mainmenu-43/5240-getting-rich-from-the-naked-body-scanners - broken link)

Old 12-27-2011, 05:48 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:

An 85 woman COULD be a terrorist, but we've never seen one. We have however, seen many 20-25 year old arab men be terrorists. They should be profiling. That way, Americans that pose no threat would be free to go.

The TSA is hardly doing a thorough job. Confiscating private property, under the guise of security, when it's obvious a cupcake is hardly a bomb, while missing the REAL terror attempts is not doing a good job. You know, the attempts that were aborted thanks to incompetence on the part of the terrorists, not because of the great job done by the TSA.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:54 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
You're right whipper, we should all just let the TSA do their job. We should just get naked to make it easier and then bend over for inspection before boarding. We should do the same with trains and public buses. I also support installing videocameras in ever room of every dwelling to cut down on crime and drug use. We also have the technology to monitor every vehicle on the road and fine them if they go one mile over a speed limit. We don't want any accidents out there. Next, all Americans should line up in front of their local tattoo parlor to have the word "pussified" embroidered into their foreheads. Finally, we can replace all toilet paper with printed copies of the US Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies