Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 06:57 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Clarkson’s “Stronger” climbed from #38 to #7 on Amazon’s sales list between Thursday, when Clarkson threw her support behind Paul, and Friday afternoon, CNN reported. By Saturday, the album inched up further, to #2 on Amazon. It also stood at #10 on Apple’s iTunes Charts.

While the endorsement alone may not explain the spike, it clearly mattered to some fans.

“Ron Paul fans will give you the shirt off their backs, but they’ll also help you sell your music!!!,” wrote one Amazon customer. “She is smart and strong enough to endorse Ron Paul...so we are all buying her excellent album,” wrote another.

Read more: Kelly Clarkson album sales surge after Ron Paul*presidential endorsement* - NY Daily News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 12:08 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
This is why popular music is a joke. No one cares about the actual art itself.

Why in the hell do people care about what musicians and actors believe? You're gonna buy an album based on that sh*t?

I have no idea what Miles Davis believed in, and i don't wanna know. I do know that Kind of Blue is the greatest album known to man even if he believed in Hitler or Stalin. Seemingly, that's all any person with common sense would care about.

SMH....whatever. Dumbass music fans, i'm telling you.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:12 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,507,231 times
It's no suprise that Pualbots make irrational decisions.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:24 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,878,379 times
It is a pity so many 'celebrities' feel it necessary to tell us what they believe...of course most it seems are leftists so it isn't quite as annoying to some posters(^^^) when it happens.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:30 PM

674 posts, read 698,771 times
I love Ron Paul but her endorsement of him will not encourage me to listen to the stuff she tries to pass off as music. However I'm glad she had the guts to go on record in support of him.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:31 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,997,202 times
I get annoyed with celebrities who think their part-time job is telling Americans what's good for them and thinking they're a real politician (for e.g., George Clooney, Matt Damon, et al) or others who use their music/movies to bash a President (Dixie Chicks) but Clarkson was merely stating who she was voting for, she's not aggressively campaigning for someone.

To suddenly dislike someone because of their voting history is a bit extreme. If you're a fan of their music then their political persuasion really shouldn't have any bearing on that.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:31 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,878,379 times
I don't know who she is really...

Old 01-01-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahomeyAhosi View Post
I love Ron Paul but her endorsement of him will not encourage me to listen to the stuff she tries to pass off as music. However I'm glad she had the guts to go on record in support of him.
I don't mind celebs coming out publicly either. Support whomever you want, and do it loud and proud. Good for you. It's their right.

But i'm not gonna base any of my music and movie choices off of it. James Woods is a nut...and i'm gonna go and see every movie he appears in. Same for Gary Sinise and Jon Voigt. They do good work. If they're nutty on the political front, what the hell does that have to do with their onscreen work?

I mean, Kelly Clarkson? LOL...her music is a joke anyway, so it's extra pathetic to buy it just because she likes Ron Paul. I could halfass see it if folks ran out to buy Branford Marsalis because he made such a proclamation (although it would still be dumb), but Kelly Clarkson? Pathetic.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:32 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,295,442 times
While Radiohead's previous album sales surged because they make excellent music.

How about people buying her product because it's a good product. Novel idea right

Old 01-01-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I don't know who she is really...
Good. Your life is richer for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies