Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural?
Yes 292 50.34%
No 256 44.14%
I am unsure 32 5.52%
Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 03:58 PM

409 posts, read 254,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I use that argument when talking to people who obviously don't know the meaning of "natural". I don't separate animals from humans all the time, I know that humans are animals. Highly intelligent animals (well, some of them anyway), but animals nonetheless.

What part of my post is hypocritical? Do I need to provide you with a dictionary too?

Humans ARE animals.
Animals don't have a conscience. Murder and cannibalism is natural in the animal kingdom doesn't make it right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 04:05 PM

254 posts, read 202,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
Animals don't have a conscience. Murder and cannibalism is natural in the animal kingdom doesn't make it right.
News flash: Humans are animals

Old 03-05-2012, 04:09 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Anybody who defends homosexuality because it's observed in the animal kingdom is plain stupid..

Yes humans are animals...

Yes...animals have sex with the same sex...

Animals also.....

Kill for sport

they eat their own feces

They abandon their offspring...

So, ok, let's do that!

Old 03-05-2012, 04:30 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,551,413 times
Yes I teach my children that some people are born with a gene that makes them attracted to the same sex whether it be a men or women.

It is not there fault that they they are born that way and even something devastating happens in their life that makes then not able to trust or want to be with the opposite sex, such as rape, repeated beating, etc.

Life can throw us a curve, you never, it can throw one your way.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:52 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Anybody who defends homosexuality because it's observed in the animal kingdom is plain stupid..
No one is defending homosexuality because it's observed in the animal kingdom. They - WE - are defending it because we see no harm in homosexuality in and of itself, and there's at least a CHANCE people are born homosexual. In other words, it'd be (that S-word you used) to object to homosexuality.

Mention of the fact that it's found in the animal kingdom is typically in response to the claim that it isn't natural.

It's natural, as it can be observed in nonhuman animals.

It's justified (therefore defended) because no one can show how it's harmful.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:55 PM

566 posts, read 958,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Well, it's most certainly natural. I don't know how many times this needs to be pointed out to people. Computers are unnatural. Homosexuality is natural.

"Normal" depends on what you mean. Is it common? No. But neither is High IQ or left-handedness. Is it a natural occurring variant of sexuality? Yes.
I said being gay is perfectly fine and acceptable, but to say it's "natural" is pretty ridiculous. The primary reason men and women are put on Earth is to reproduce and keep the human species going. Two gay people cannot do that naturally. There's a reason why men and women have totally different anatomies.

As far as it being "normal", I can't classify something that only applies to maybe 5-10% of the population as normal. 5-10% of the population has probably served time in state prison, but would you consider serving time in state prison as "normal"? I certainly wouldn't.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:00 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
As far as it being "normal", I can't classify something that only applies to maybe 5-10% of the population as normal. 5-10% of the population has probably served time in state prison, but would you consider serving time in state prison as "normal"? I certainly wouldn't.
In this sense, you're using "normal" as a statistical measurement. By those standards, skydivers, left handed people, and professional athletes are "abnormal" as well, but we do not condemn them because of it.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:11 PM

566 posts, read 958,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
In this sense, you're using "normal" as a statistical measurement. By those standards, skydivers, left handed people, and professional athletes are "abnormal" as well, but we do not condemn them because of it.
No one said gays are condemned, but it's not a normal characteristic. Most people aren't homosexual.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:28 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
No one said gays are condemned, but it's not a normal characteristic. Most people aren't homosexual.

So are red haired or green eyed people "not normal?"

Normal doesn't just mean "not the majority" ("most people aren't homosexual").

"Normal" can also mean "one of many types of being found naturally in humans."

Old 03-05-2012, 05:52 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
We're not discussing right or wrong if you would bother to pay attention. We're discussing natural vs unnatural.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies