Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural?
Yes 292 50.34%
No 256 44.14%
I am unsure 32 5.52%
Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 06:32 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
Pointing out Christianity (et all.) is BS is childish or nonsensical? Particuarly when Religious types use it as a justification to persecute those they don't like. We don't go around claiming xyz are evil/sinners/going to hell etc just because some book says some magical non existent being said so.
Most people are not bright enough to understand ancient writings..so-called Christians really do not grasp the original message...in fact I would say that it was lost...God is a force...and intelligence...logic..as for the term "magical"..that you use..well magic literally means trickery..God does not need to resort to such foolishness.

As for hell...it is a human construct...here on earth and supposedly beyond this life.... back to the subject at hand...homosexuality..and teaching the concept to children...It for the most part has to suggested...No child on their own is going to come up with the idea of putting a penis in their mouth or anal intercorurse..These things spring from the human imagination..and for the most part have to be taught {suggested}.....Personally- it is not our business to persecute..and certainly not our business to suggest to children with no sexual experience on what to do or not do----leave the kids alone...let nature take it's course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 06:37 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
actually there probably is a spirit world that we go to when we pass away, that EVERYTHING goes to, animals planets etc... and there is probably some type of higher power or POWERS, but BIBLEGod has already been PROVEN to NOT be an accurate portrayal of the REAL REALITY of the situation and what REALLY happens to you when you die is probably MUCH DIFFERENT From what the Bible says.

As I've said I think that the Bible written by men may have been inspired by God. But again with so many different versions of Christianity, and the fact that man likes to twist things to suit his own agenda, or keep the masses in line if you will, I think people complicate religion way more than it needs to be. I honestly think the message is much simpler. Hello Golden Rule anyone????? Though baptized Catholic, I didn't have much of a religious upbringing other than when I went to church with my grandmother, or my dad (his side was Protestant). My mom had pretty much washed her hands of the Catholic Church when she and my dad divorced, because of their hypocracy and felt she would let me decide which religion if any that I wanted to go with, when I was older. It's funny though, because I've always been a believer, but felt it was much simpler. Perhaps, I wasn't "indoctrinated" enough? Perhaps, because I realize that the message is really that simple? Who knows?

I'm babbling, but seriously, live your life, and do what makes you happy, as long as it doesn't trespass on someone else in the process. The fact that 2 people of the same sex want to get married, has no bearing at all on my heterosexual marriage. Never has, never will!

Old 03-28-2012, 06:46 AM

4,320 posts, read 4,785,487 times
Yes the (gospel)GOOD NEWS message is very very simple; But Man wants to screw it up and change it.

Man for the first time in over 5,000 years has changed the simple meaning of marriage so that It cannot be defined in God's terms without people getting upset over their (non-existent) rights.

God is the "Creator" !!

He has a promise for those that refuse to obey HIM.

Moderator cut: copyright picture

Last edited by Keeper; 03-28-2012 at 07:14 AM..

Old 03-28-2012, 06:58 AM

3,006 posts, read 3,870,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Yes the (gospel)GOOD NEWS message is very very simple; But Man wants to screw it up and change it.

Man for the first time in over 5,000 years has changed the simple meaning of marriage so that It cannot be defined in God's terms without people getting upset over their (non-existent) rights.

God is the "Creator" !!

You are sick.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:59 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Yes. Homosexuality is not a choice. You cannot be "recruited" into it by anyone.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:08 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
You are sick.
Agreed ^^^^^^

Just for fun read back thru sh*ttydata's posts, they claim bullets bounce off their kids, it is one miracle after another...

Old 03-28-2012, 07:08 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
unless you think certain behaviors have no consequences.

Gosh, now let's look at the 1.3 women per minute who are raped by heterosexual men in the US.

And let's look at all the domestic violence committed by heterosexual men.

Let's look at why there is always a huge demand for prostitutes by heterosexual men.

And which group has millions of abortions each year?

And which group is responsible for most of the sexual abuse of children in America? -Married, religious, heterosexual men.

And then lets look at the 43% of heterosexual men and the 35% of heterosexual women who engage in anal sex.

Yes, certain behavious have consequences..... especially by heterosexuals.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:09 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post

God is the "Creator" !!

So let's talk about what God would think about those mentioned in the Bible having multiple wives. I guess that's OK? Look, I don't dispute God as the Creator. But that being said, He created you, me, as well as homosexuals! You mean to tell me he is going to cast something that He created into Hell? Come on, really?

Old 03-28-2012, 07:10 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
As I have pointed out, ad nauseaum, on this very forum, gay men make up only half (more or less) of the total homosexual population. AND, I'd note, gay WOMEN have the lowest rates of disease of all orientations, including heterosexuals.

Perhaps everyone should be a lesbian??
Well that would be rather fun....

Old 03-28-2012, 07:14 AM

4,320 posts, read 4,785,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
So let's talk about what God would think about those mentioned in the Bible having multiple wives. I guess that's OK? Look, I don't dispute God as the Creator. But that being said, He created you, me, as well as homosexuals! You mean to tell me he is going to cast something that He created into Hell? Come on, really?
Please take the time to read Luke chapter 16

take the time to read what is says in Rev 21:8

Then we can have a discussion on what God said!! His words- not mine!!

God told King David & King Solomon: Take one woman for your wife - They didn't listen or obey. David took 7 and they drove him insane with many troubles

Solomon took 1 - one thousand and he darn near lost his mind over the BS they put him through!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies