Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural?
Yes 292 50.34%
No 256 44.14%
I am unsure 32 5.52%
Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 03:49 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,063,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
So you talk the talk but won't walk the walk. Why are you telling people you are a swinger and have no numbers to back it up?

You seem to be a sort of monogamous person who has allowed one other person into your marital bed.
Lack of opportunity, however, I'm also rather picky. I don't stick it in whatever hot chick I find, I've got to know them and form a relationship with them.

Quote:
And yes I am aware of schools teaching sex is good as long as your wear protection----stupid at best. Protection failure rate is enormous.
Which is why the teen birth rate in states that teach it this way is lower, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 03:50 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,367,233 times
Quote:
They sure better start having more kids.
You are absolutely delusional. There are more humans on the earth right now than at any point in history, and you are concerned about the extinction of the species.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:50 PM

33,605 posts, read 18,260,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I'm not an Atheist nor a Christian, but I guess you think only those two groups exist in the United States? I guess you also believe ALL Christians are anti-gay, and that is simply not true... many of our Christian churches & synagogues around here are gay friendly, many gays are religious themselves, and there are even gay clergy men/women. So this isn't a clearly divided religious vs atheist debate, and I'd appreciate (as a religious follower who supports equality) if you'd stop trying to make it one.

Btw, the last time I checked nationwide polls, around 55-60% of Americans are in support of gay marriage... so if 83% of us identify as Christians, that tells me around half of your fellow Christians would disagree with your position on the issue. One of my dearest friends is a born-again Fundamentalist Christian, and yet she's extremely supportive of her lesbian daughter & voted against Prop 8. Soooooo, what is your point?

To be frank. The true Christian follows Gods word and in the word of God , marriage is ordained for one man and one woman. These are false christs they are following. In the last days there are many false christs and do not follow the the true Christ.

Any Christian church that conducts gay marriage is a false church, any Christian that encourages it or accepts it as normal is a false Christian.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
To be frank.
Taratova is a much sexier name than Frank

Old 01-02-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
To be frank. The true Christian follows Gods word and in the word of God , marriage is ordained for one man and one woman. These are false christs they are following. In the last days there are many false christs and do not follow the the true Christ.

Any Christian church that conducts gay marriage is a false church, any Christian that encourages it or accepts it as normal is a false Christian.
To be frank, there are too many denominations for Christanity to truly state this for a fact.

It's all in how people interpret the bible. S ome interpret literally, some metaphorically, and some take it as a life lesson rather than a guideline, with the only true law to follow is the law that Christ himself laid down, to love one another.

Again, though, off topic, and wholly irrelevant to h omosexuality in America.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:53 PM

677 posts, read 937,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Scates View Post
Do you feel that it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural? Teachers, Parents... people with authority over children

As a parent I would never tell a child of mine it's normal or natural because it isn't. If it were normal then homosexuals would be able to reproduce, but they can't. From a religious point of view Almighty God is against it, therefore if God is against it, then how can I be for it.

When people live a immoral lifestyle for extended periords of time then society begans to embrace it as the norm.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassySpice View Post
If it were normal then homosexuals would be able to reproduce, but they can't.
The existence of libido in infertile heterosexuals makes this pretty much crumble down.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassySpice View Post
As a parent I would never tell a child of mine it's normal or natural because it isn't. If it were normal then homosexuals would be able to reproduce, but they can't.
Is it normal for post-menopausal women to be in relationships? They are not able to reproduce.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:58 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,572,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
You are absolutely delusional. There are more humans on the earth right now than at any point in history, and you are concerned about the extinction of the species.
Not to worry, abortions and contraception will take care of it plus wars and mass exterminations.

The world can support all if greed did not get in the way.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Not to worry, abortions and contraception will take care of it plus wars and mass exterminations.

The world can support all if greed did not get in the way.
I don't think you have the slightest clue as to what you are talking about
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies