Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2012, 12:15 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV4ME View Post
Your inane attempts to sweep this under the rug dishonor all those who died that day....and yourself.
Actually, it's your constant droning that those murders were perpetrated for either financial gain or to start a war (which is it for you? or is it both?) that dishonor those people. It's quite repugnant, actually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 12:57 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
So why are you and MQ here?
Can't speak for them, but I suspect that there's some similarity between their answers and mine:

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Why should I consider these threads as having any value whatsoever, other than their obvious entertainment value?

Old 01-11-2012, 01:11 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Yes, but not on that day. Of course I wasn't with Neil Armstrong the day he walked on the moon either.

Hey... do you know that there are still groups of people who say man never walked on the moon? And I never engage them. Do you know why? Because in my heart and head I know that I'm right and they're wrong.
That's great! Then you should be able to apply the same thought process to this situation.

Quote:
So why are you and MQ here? Aside from embarrassing yourselves.
I know it's embarrassing myself to keep trying to get the world to read accurate information and to take a real interest in the events of that day, especially as pertains to the WTC. Sometimes I must look like a person who loves exercises in futility.

But it affected my life, changed it forever, and ten years later I live with the WTC every day, through the memory, through the poster on my office wall of our dead coworkers, through the little remainders of the day left in my brain, such as feeling floors move when they aren't moving, through the pride in looking out the window and watching those new buildings rise above the others in lower Manhattan.

I'm a little obsessive, and a can't-quit-the-day-job writer to boot. In addition, I've been a disaster junkie since I was a kid--ironic that I ended up being in two--always hungry for all the details of the Titanic, Pompeii, the Triangle Fire, even the Molasses Spill in 1919 in Boston. I figure there must be other people out there who want the facts, and I'm here for them, to tell the tale.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:15 PM

30 posts, read 17,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Can't speak for them, but I suspect that there's some similarity between their answers and mine:
Good. I'm having a great time making all of you look hopelessly ignorant. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:25 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,952,731 times
A bombshell of epic proportions: Bush's counterterroism czar blows the whistle on the CIA

Richard Clarke, counterterrorism czar for the Bush administration, says the CIA recruited or attempted to recruit at least two of the alleged 19 hijackers, ostensibly to work as double agents. al-Hazmi and al-Midhar were members of al-Qaeda known to be loyal to bin Laden. The CIA admitted to tracking the two men as they attended an al-Qaeda summit in Malaysia in 2000.

When the two men attempted to re-enter the US shortly after, the CIA did not try to stop or apprehend them in anyway. Incredibly, two known al-Qaeda members were allowed to freely re-enter the country unimpeded to plan and eventually carry out their attack on the Pentagon in the following months on September 11. The CIA also failed or refused to notify the FBI that two terrorist suspects had just re-entered the country after attending an al-Qaeda summit? Why?

The official story has unraveled and become undone like a cheap suit.

more:

Insiders voice doubts about CIA's 9/11 story - 9/11 - Salon.com

Richard Clarke launches new 9/11 charge at CIA - CBS News

Old 01-11-2012, 02:27 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Okay, lets assume it's all a Conspiracy......alright....

If it's TRUE, what are you Conspiratists going to DO about it?

It's been 10 years.

Instead of you posting for 10 years about your theories....what have you DONE to resolve it?

Old 01-11-2012, 02:44 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,952,731 times
In case you haven't noticed, many organizations and groups have formed to pressure the government for a real independent investigation into 9/11.

It took the Bush administration two years just to begin their half-baked non-investigation into 9/11 which turned out to be more like a cover up. And they never would have done even that if it weren't for
relentless lobbying and pressure put on them by family members of the 9/11 victims.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:52 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Okay, lets assume it's all a Conspiracy......alright....

If it's TRUE, what are you Conspiratists going to DO about it?

It's been 10 years.

Instead of you posting for 10 years about your theories....what have you DONE to resolve it?
Well, they want a new investigation. I have no problem with that, personally. But if they're going to do that, they'd better get their ducks in a row and do some real work outside of YouTube and Conspiracy Website World if they want to be taken seriously.

You can't very well stand up, for example, in front of anyone in the New York commercial real estate or international insurance business and try to persuade them that the net lessee made a huge profit off the WTC attacks. You'd be laughed at and dismissed as a nut.

And you'd better have some licensed structural PEs at your side when discussing the building collapses, not a friggin' architect who demonstrates the buildings falling by using cardboard boxes.

And you'd better have the cojones to be able to look Lauren Manning and the other burn victims--or the families of the burn victims who didn't leave Cornell alive--in the face and tell them that no jet fuel fire came down the elevator shafts.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:41 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
In case you haven't noticed, many organizations and groups have formed to pressure the government for a real independent investigation into 9/11.

It took the Bush administration two years just to begin their half-baked non-investigation into 9/11 which turned out to be more like a cover up. And they never would have done even that if it weren't for relentless lobbying and pressure put on them by family members of the 9/11 victims.
Well, what are your results in 10 years?

How many independant investigations did you muster up, and how many more are planned?

If you squak and no-one listens, why not find a more viable protest?

Old 01-11-2012, 03:45 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,313,628 times
The entire event was known about ahead of time and could and should have been stopped, but hey people like Cheney wanted to launch wars and people like Brezinski wanted to take our rights away. Notice how Al Qaeda seamlessly switches between being the boogieman and an ally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies