Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 10:24 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,833,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Clearly you left wingers are so full of hate, that you cant discuss facts and have to resort to this sort of babble.
I apologize for left wingers messing up the right wing plans in 2009, for the economy going forward. We'd enough of it leading to 8.8 million private sector jobs lost in just two years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 02:57 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,181,039 times
Not really. We (taxpayers) have not been paid back 100 percent and lost money on the deal. It was a bad day in America to see bondholders/shareholders have their money stolen and given to the UAW.

Old 01-06-2012, 03:35 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I apologize for left wingers messing up the right wing plans in 2009, for the economy going forward. We'd enough of it leading to 8.8 million private sector jobs lost in just two years.
When will you be man enough to apologize for the numerous lies you've posted about my position and stop posting babbling nonsense like this?

Old 01-06-2012, 05:59 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
Doesn't make it right. I don't see how any Obama supporter can on one hand bitche about the 1% and on the other hand agree with bailing out billionaires.
Uh- I don't know an Obama supporter who does support the billionaires! In fact, most of the criticism that's being heaped on the banks for hanging onto the money instead of using it to get the economy's wheels back under it is coming from the Democrats.

It's the Repubs who cling to the false belief that this bunch of greedy creeps are job creators. They're not creating any jobs at all, and they are not going to, until they are forced to give up some of the wealth they have to get the housing problems straightened out and to actually loan some money to small businesses again.

Too Big To Fail failed. The only way to get the big banks to pass around the money they got that they promised would turn things around is to starve them until they are forced to, and the Democrats for months have been in the forefront of pulling their small accounts out and putting them in the small local banks and credit unions, where the money goes into action, as it was intended to do.
If you want to do something active about making the bailout work, take your account out of BoA, Chase, and the big boys and put it in a local bank.

Or you can sit around, do nothing, and whine about past decisions. The brick pile is just over there, but throwing bricks does nothing at all to fix our problems.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:07 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Uh- I don't know an Obama supporter who does support the billionaires! In fact, most of the criticism that's being heaped on the banks for hanging onto the money instead of using it to get the economy's wheels back under it is coming from the Democrats.

It's the Repubs who cling to the false belief that this bunch of greedy creeps are job creators. They're not creating any jobs at all, and they are not going to, until they are forced to give up some of the wealth they have to get the housing problems straightened out and to actually loan some money to small businesses again.

Too Big To Fail failed. The only way to get the big banks to pass around the money they got that they promised would turn things around is to starve them until they are forced to, and the Democrats for months have been in the forefront of pulling their small accounts out and putting them in the small local banks and credit unions, where the money goes into action, as it was intended to do.
If you want to do something active about making the bailout work, take your account out of BoA, Chase, and the big boys and put it in a local bank.

Or you can sit around, do nothing, and whine about past decisions. The brick pile is just over there, but throwing bricks does nothing at all to fix our problems.
we have been taking from the rich, and giving to the poor for decades, and all that has gotten us is an entitlement mentality society. we have welfare recipients whose families have been on welfare for three generations. and now we have people demanding that the government raise taxes on the "rich" so the government can give that money to them. we have to END the entitlement mentality, not encourage it if we are going to get past the economic issues in this country.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:02 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,332,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
GM's sales outpaced even the expert's predictions. It has re-passed Toyota to once again become the world's largest automaker in terms of sales.

Ford (which did not take a bailout) and Chrysler (which did) also beat expectations.

GM Leads U.S. Automakers to Secure Best Sales Year Since 2008 - Businessweek

So....what do the naysayer's have to say now? Was the Obama administration right or wrong?

Thanks Obama!

Old 01-07-2012, 05:51 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,768,347 times
An article that seems to be pretty honest about the big automakers:

The Comeback Of The American Car - Automotive News Story - WPXI Pittsburgh (http://www.wpxi.com/automotive/30140429/detail.html - broken link)

Personally, I prefer Ford, but I am glad that one of the engines of our economy is firing back up. Although GM brought a good deal of its problems on itself, the auto industry did suffer terribly collateral damage in the crash and credit freeze of 2008-2009. I think this is terrific news for American workers.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:55 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,062,846 times
I'll post this again.....once we taxpayers get our $60,000,000,000 BILLION DOLLARS back, I'll agree.

Old 01-07-2012, 06:26 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,481,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
An article that seems to be pretty honest about the big automakers:

The Comeback Of The American Car - Automotive News Story - WPXI Pittsburgh (http://www.wpxi.com/automotive/30140429/detail.html - broken link)

Personally, I prefer Ford, but I am glad that one of the engines of our economy is firing back up. Although GM brought a good deal of its problems on itself, the auto industry did suffer terribly collateral damage in the crash and credit freeze of 2008-2009. I think this is terrific news for American workers.

I prefer ford myself as GM makes some butt ugly vehicles. Thou they did do a real good job on te camaro.

Old 01-07-2012, 06:56 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,698,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
GM's sales outpaced even the expert's predictions. It has re-passed Toyota to once again become the world's largest automaker in terms of sales.

Ford (which did not take a bailout) and Chrysler (which did) also beat expectations.

GM Leads U.S. Automakers to Secure Best Sales Year Since 2008 - Businessweek

So....what do the naysayer's have to say now? Was the Obama administration right or wrong?
GM owns a lot of companies like Opel which produce very good cars and have always been quite popular around the world.

Meanwhile, stateside, GM (along with Chrysler) built some of the ****tiest cars of 2011:

GM, Chrysler dominate 'worst cars' list. Oh, and the UAW wants to thank you for bailing them out. | David Freddoso | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner (http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/2011/04/gm-chrysler-dominate-worst-cars-list-oh-and-uaw-wants-thank-you-b#ixzz1imII3g9M - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies