Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 12:29 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Is all of the 91% bought a new car, they would have sold over 100 million in US alone.

Well, you don't have to believe the stats if you don't want to.
Or we can do like you are, and just pull figures out of our butt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 12:30 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
You can say the bailout worked after we get back all our money down to the last penny.
Then we don't care what the heck GM does. Until then the bailout "didn't work" because the USG is still sitting on a pile of stock they cannot sell without taking a huge loss.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:04 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
Didn't the earthquake/tsunami impact Toyota negatively?

Yes they are having trouble producing parts. Good for us , screw boyota.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:48 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Source? And why are you changing the subject?
Source is your friends post which you have been defending for god knows what reason.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:51 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
91% is working? What about those on Welfare or Social Security, you know, that percentage of the population not looking for work
Arguing for the sake of arguing....

Are you really going to defend the argument which says that no one bought a new car last year because 9% of the people are unemployed? Well, I am sorry to disappoint you, but a lot of people actually bought new cars last year. 8.6% unemployment does not mean no one is working. Get it?

Old 01-05-2012, 05:07 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
I just bought a new 2011 BMW 328xi coupe on Monday. GM will never see my money.
Do you know the history BMW had with the Nazi's and forced slave labor? BMW will never see my money....

Old 01-05-2012, 05:17 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
I don't know about all that. My point is that the stats telling us that GM has had record sales during a time where unemployment is at the highest since the great depression (not equal to) - I have to raise the BS flag on it. People are losing homes, no increase in wages, greater debt - but record car sales??? I don't buy it. Even world wide, the recession is bad. I think the government/GM is skewing the numbers to reflect what they want it to be. I just don't know any one (and I know a lot of people) that are buying new cars. People are keeping what they have or purchasing used cars. THis isn't a comment on Obama (because McCain wanted to the exact same thing) - it's a comment on the veracity of governmental/corporate claims.
It could reflect on sales to corporations upgrading their vehicle fleets like NS railroad who change from Ford to Chrysler to GM who ever gives them a good deal when they buy in large numbers.Maybe the government became their own best customer by buying GM.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:33 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
What company do you know wouldn't do well if all their debts were erased... let me know when we should let all companies in the US just wipe off their debts because they can do better next year... what a great solution... /end sarcasm

Old 01-05-2012, 10:07 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,582,247 times
Doesn't make it right. I don't see how any Obama supporter can on one hand bitche about the 1% and on the other hand agree with bailing out billionaires.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:01 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
He handed over majority ownership to the UAW.

Part of the plan was for the manufacturers to close down many small, independent NON UNION dealerships causing many local dealership employees to lose their jobs. But since they were non union, their jobs weren't seen as important.

Within a five mile radius of where I live, hundreds of people lost their jobs.

It's convenient for people to forget that part of the bailout, isn't it?
Why not protect the people who are paying dues and helping to maintain the middle class way of life by being in a union? Membership should have it's rewards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies