Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 05:16 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
It appears as though Karl Marx believed this.
It does?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 05:23 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Well thanks for contributing absolutely nothing to the discussion other than a baseless and unsupported accusation.
And what pray tell have you contributed to the conversation other than a risibly erroneous one liner?

Old 01-04-2012, 06:47 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Wealth is defined by resources, efficiency and human ingenuity. If you can figure out how to use resources from other solar systems, galaxies or universes then technically wealth is infinite.

Now if you want to define wealth as money, which constantly changes value by its supply, then you'd e correct.

As it stands wealth is also defined as material things.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:53 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Wealth is defined by resources, efficiency and human ingenuity. If you can figure out how to use resources from other solar systems, galaxies or universes then technically wealth is infinite.
That's a pretty good description. Here's an example of abundant wealth that is neither created, or earned. You are a tribal society of hunter gathers, living in the midst of a rich area abundant with edible vegetation and wildlife. You don't own it because you don't recognize the concept of property rights you just live where you live. Who wouldn't argue that such a group isn't wealthy even though the have neither created wealth nor own it.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:01 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
Yes, and those that most-staunchly, still support Obama should be seriously embarassed by how many votes he BOUGHT with his rhetoric, and I mean literally bought because as this lady says, this is why they voted for him.

They think as pitifully, or don't think at all....or care to THINK......or they think he has "money trees" growing on the White House lawn.

Free Obama Money - YouTube

and....

Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!! - YouTube

Old 01-04-2012, 07:05 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
Quote:
Are There Liberals Who Believe Weath is Static and Cannot be Created.
If there are, they haven't responded.

Build another strawman and see if they bite

Old 01-04-2012, 07:05 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,756,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
And what pray tell have you contributed to the conversation other than a risibly erroneous one liner?
Is this a serious question??

I began the discussion.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:07 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Yes, and those that most-staunchly, ......or they think he has "money trees" growing on the White House lawn.
You just contradicted yourself. You answered yes to the OP's question and responded by saying that they think it grows on trees.

Do you even know what static means?

Old 01-04-2012, 07:10 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,756,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Sorry for bursting your bubble that Marx was a liberal who believed wealth didn't grow, unless, as another member stated, you were referring to Groucho.
Your statement that my friend was made up was a baseless accusation. Thanks for making me explain the obvious.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:13 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
You just contradicted yourself. You answered yes to the OP's question and responded by saying that they think it grows on trees.

Do you even know what static means?
Yes, and yes you nailed me good, on this one!

There are many liberals that do not understand where government revenue comes from, and they show this by what they say like the lady in the first video.

I'm highly disgusted by them and their handout-president and indeed misspoke out of my disgust for their attitude of not caring what someone worked for and created, which contributed to the govt. funds. (My cliche about the money tree pops up much of the time when I encounter or refer to those that take money for-granted.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies