Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 02:02 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
The OWS crowd were little more than "Useful Idiots" and will continue to be in the spring when they come out of mom and dads basement again. They are mere puppets. They are good little foot soldiers that get their marching orders and carry them out. Next summer they will become even more violent than they already have been and there may well be blood in the streets... I really hope I'm wrong.
Puppets for whom? And I don't think you hope you are wrong. I think you are getting off just thinking about all that blood in the streets and how it will prove that... ... just what do you think it will prove? Do you even think? Can conservatives actually form independent thoughts, or is their only form of expression the endless parroting of talking points. You have the gall to talk about puppets?!

H
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 02:05 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,946 times
I agree with the OWS... the problem is that it was not nearly big enough.

If the movement was far to big to be squashed by the police.. THAT is when you would see change and they would take it seriously.

People these days are far too apathetic to get the real change like during Vietnam

Old 01-07-2012, 02:40 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Puppets for whom? And I don't think you hope you are wrong. I think you are getting off just thinking about all that blood in the streets and how it will prove that... ... just what do you think it will prove? Do you even think? Can conservatives actually form independent thoughts, or is their only form of expression the endless parroting of talking points. You have the gall to talk about puppets?!

H
Oh you know me so well don't you... Do you know that I don't even own a television? Do you know that I don't listen to talk radio? Do you know that I am a grandfather who is loving toward his grandchildren? Do you know that I will probably be a target should violence errupt due to my physical stature? Oh yes, you know me so very well... Don't flatter yourself... You have no clue. Yes I have the gall to call OWS protestors puppets. Know why? Because that is exactly what they are.

Old 01-07-2012, 06:16 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post

H
What stupid comments....."getting off on all that blood in the streets" but you have mistakenly confused all that blood you are talking about with "****" in the streets.....

Can OWS/Lefties even form a coherent thought, or how about thought's that at least go from one day to the next?

Talking points.....lets see....."You have we want", yea that's it....no wait...sorry that was a chant that the OWS crowd was spewing...

Yea, puppets...don't like the truth....you know just as well as everyone else that old Georgie backed the OWS from day 1.

And before you *****, yes, Koch brother have the Tea Party.

The gall of you to say they are NOT puppets.....

Old 01-07-2012, 07:04 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The movement was never about the occupiers, although corporate lackeys tried to make it about them.

The movement was about holding corrupt bankers and companies accountable.

Bad news for 99% of America

Really?

At Occupy Wall Street protests, student loan frustration - Campus Overload - The Washington Post

Old 01-07-2012, 08:09 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,518,581 times

That dies not dictate the movement is about them.

When you moan about politics and the wrongs in this country none of it is personal to you? Of course it is. Think it through.

As I have said time and again, we may not like the messenger or the delivery method but the message is more than valid and needs to be addressed and that is now beginning.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:31 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,867,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Yes they have....they also will on 1-17....

They are doing just fine and doing what they set out to do at this point, and doing a good job. If they weren't the scum wouldn't be squirming.
Marching to Capital Hill

Coming out of the Hart Bulding after occupation

We have been to just about every building from the White House to the Supreme Court and have been present in the room when various meetings/hearings were going on including having a person arrested for assault on Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta during one of the hearings.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:37 AM

Great pictures, thanks for sharing!

Old 01-07-2012, 08:43 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,867,259 times
The occupation is not going anywhere and will be larger and stronger in 2012

I have other pictures I have been taking of the Occupation at my pic site

PHOTObyTED's Photos | SmugMug

and will have more from this coming Tuesday, this Tuesday will be big

http://2012.witnesstorture.org/sites/2012.witnesstorture.org/files/Jan2012_Solidarity.pdf (broken link)

Old 01-07-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
The occupation is not going anywhere and will be larger and stronger in 2012

I have other pictures I have been taking of the Occupation at my pic site

PHOTObyTED's Photos | SmugMug

and will have more from this coming Tuesday, this Tuesday will be big

http://2012.witnesstorture.org/sites/2012.witnesstorture.org/files/Jan2012_Solidarity.pdf (broken link)

Thanks! And then there is J17!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies