Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 09:22 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseeking View Post
Jesse did not say those things...Chris Kyle is a liar. He even has shown no proof to what he claims. This is a very disturbing motive to bring someone down like this. Chris is playing on the media and people because of Jesse's outspoken demeanor. Jesse is very and I say VERY hurt by the lie of this person, who by the way is selling a book and being hired to train law enforcement around the country. He is not just using Jesse to promote himself, but also there's a deeper agenda to it.

Please, I implore you to WAKE UP!
I am sorry I failed to see your post sooner, but this evening Bill O'Reilly said that two of Kyle's SEAL buddies who were there say that Jesse is not telling the truth and that he really did say what Kyle said he did. Now these two guys are just Navy killers but Jesse is no longer governor of anything.

I will stay with Kyle and his buddies until you prove that Jesse the Body is the one telling the truth. He talked so long on TV the other night that I became convinced that he was the liar in this thing, but then he was trying to defend himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
So this 'navy seal hero' could find no better a place to express his story than on some shock-jock dbag radio show than Opie and Andy??? ROFLMAO...What's so funny is according to the Repukelican morals shows like this would be off the air. But when it's convienient they use them as 'news sources'...LOL
Kyle told his story the first time on Bill O'reilly's TV show. Your foul talking scumbags got him after O'Reilly had him on. But then, you don't know that do you?

Old 01-13-2012, 09:43 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
No way am I going to believe this fabricated story, it goes against everything Jesse stands for - it makes no sense. And why is this guy bringing it up now, after 5 years have passed. It would be ludicrous for Jesse to have to prove his whereabouts at that date and time, but perhaps that is what will have to happen to clear his good name. Jesse is more hurt than angry.
This makes me wonder how much of that book is true, and how much he just made up. This guy doesn't sound like a hero but more like a sadistic pig getting his jollies and expecting stardom. Maybe he's looking for a movie deal.
Casey Anthony is still single, I bet they'd hit it off.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
No way am I going to believe this fabricated story, it goes against everything Jesse stands for - it makes no sense. And why is this guy bringing it up now, after 5 years have passed. It would be ludicrous for Jesse to have to prove his whereabouts at that date and time, but perhaps that is what will have to happen to clear his good name. Jesse is more hurt than angry.
This makes me wonder how much of that book is true, and how much he just made up. This guy doesn't sound like a hero but more like a sadistic pig getting his jollies and expecting stardom. Maybe he's looking for a movie deal.
Casey Anthony is still single, I bet they'd hit it off.
In other words, you consider Kyle and his two SEAL buddies who say they were there and that Jesse did say those things, al liars. I guess the real SEALs are trying to make the precursor SEAL out as the bad guy in a conspiracy. When I listened to Ventura cry and whine, same thing over and over, on Van Susteren the other night I decided he was the one who was lying. Sorry.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:08 PM

18 posts, read 48,690 times
I wasn't there. I don't know either man personally. I do know what kind of man it takes to be either UDT or SEAL (I'm neither). There were both when I was in the service. I worked with some of them and received some instruction from them. What happened was between the parties concerned and is for them to work out.
To see people use this forum as a means to belittle either of them is astonishing to me. If you haven't been there and experienced it, don't attempt to draw analagies to street thugs, it is nothing near alike- you only think it is. When people comment on what they have no knowledge of they put that ignorance on display. Peace at any price is evil. All I'll say is it would appear bad judgement was evidenced by both parties. In reality, however, sometimes any judgement you make is a bad judgement as that's all that is left to you. Sort of like voting- you're usually picking the lesser of the evils.

Old 09-06-2012, 03:39 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,276,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think that the major difference is that UDT was the precursor of the SEAL group. No time will you find the new group to be the same as the one that preceded it. Ventura was there before the formation of the SEAL group and deserved to be knocked on his butt when saying what he said to a man who is credited with 160 kills in Iraq.
Actually, no, not correct. SEAL teams were started around 1962. The last UDT Teams were in 1983. Jesse Ventura joined the Navy in 1972. He underwent UDT/Seal Training, which is now called BUDS (Basic Underwater Demolition). However, back when he went through, only the best or "top" candidates were selected to go on to be SEALS; Jesse wasn't chosen.

Another point, Jesse, in several of his books said he was SEAL. Which, on its face is, a lie.

Old 09-06-2012, 04:26 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think that the major difference is that UDT was the precursor of the SEAL group. No time will you find the new group to be the same as the one that preceded it. Ventura was there before the formation of the SEAL group and deserved to be knocked on his butt when saying what he said to a man who is credited with 160 kills in Iraq.
What purpose did those kills serve?

Old 09-06-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
What purpose did those kills serve?
I have no idea but I would bet that not one of them ever killed another American and that means they were good.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:22 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Actually, no, not correct. SEAL teams were started around 1962. The last UDT Teams were in 1983. Jesse Ventura joined the Navy in 1972. He underwent UDT/Seal Training, which is now called BUDS (Basic Underwater Demolition). However, back when he went through, only the best or "top" candidates were selected to go on to be SEALS; Jesse wasn't chosen.

Another point, Jesse, in several of his books said he was SEAL. Which, on its face is, a lie.
Why would you slander his good name? He served this country proudly. Could it be that you don't like that he's anti-war or has exposed corruption in our gov't? You are the liar, nobody has questioned his record as a Seal until this punk used a sucker punch to make a name for himself and sell his book. No Seal that has any integrity would boast about how many people he's killed, that makes this bookwriter a mental case and nothing more. In the military they can murder with impunity, that doesn't make em a hero in my book. That makes em sub-human slaves.

Ventura joined the Navy after high school and was on active duty during the Vietnam era. He served in the US military for a total of six years - four on active duty (1969-1973), and two in the Reserves (1973-1975) with the Navy UDT - Underwater Demolition Team 12. In the Naval Reserves, Ventura was assigned to SEAL Team One. He would later describe SEAL training as the toughest experience of his life. Ventura is still entitled to use the title of Navy "SEAL,” for his service in the UDT and SEAL teams, and his successful graduation from UDT.
Military People : Jesse Ventura

Old 09-06-2012, 08:47 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
I think if you actually researched this you would find the claim to be false... It didn't happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies