Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 03:53 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,530,498 times

Advertisements

This is awesome....the big bad bank was scared of the little 'ole ladies!

Senior citizens shut down Bank of America branch in Calif. | The Raw Story

Occupy Geriatrics: Seniors in Walkers Shut Down Local Bank of America - San Francisco News - The Snitch

"What some healthy and spry Occupy Movements across the nation couldn't quite accomplish, San Francisco geriatrics have!

KCBS reports that a small group of senior citizens between the ages of 69 and 82 successfully shut down a Bank of America in Bernal Heights on Thursday with nothing more than walkers and oxygen tanks. That's right: No shouting, chanting, tear gas, or window-smashing."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 10:06 AM

39,876 posts, read 26,554,573 times
Old hippies never die...they move to San Francisco. Reason #156 the rest of the country laughs at the antics of the cities leadership.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:13 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,615,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
This is awesome....the big bad bank was scared of the little 'ole ladies!

Senior citizens shut down Bank of America branch in Calif. | The Raw Story

Occupy Geriatrics: Seniors in Walkers Shut Down Local Bank of America - San Francisco News - The Snitch

"What some healthy and spry Occupy Movements across the nation couldn't quite accomplish, San Francisco geriatrics have!

KCBS reports that a small group of senior citizens between the ages of 69 and 82 successfully shut down a Bank of America in Bernal Heights on Thursday with nothing more than walkers and oxygen tanks. That's right: No shouting, chanting, tear gas, or window-smashing."
God Bless America were even the elderly have guts to speak out against Wall Street fraud

I will have to find that article last year were Chase bank employee stole a womans 500k diamond neclace (out of her "safe" deposit box) and was sued...my Dad always told me to NEVER trust banks.

Old 01-07-2012, 12:21 PM

The RWNJ's are afraid to acknowledge the reality of Wall Street and its 14 trillion dollar derivatives fraud which caused mortgage meltdown, in collusion with Congress and lobbyists.

So they rather defame the OWS protestors. But the rest of us will protest with our wallets, so its all good I will NEVER buy a mortgage from JPMorgan sux or Citi again...and I own several properties

Investment banks can rot in hell.

Old 01-07-2012, 01:23 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,530,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
The RWNJ's are afraid to acknowledge the reality of Wall Street and its 14 trillion dollar derivatives fraud which caused mortgage meltdown, in collusion with Congress and lobbyists.

So they rather defame the OWS protestors. But the rest of us will protest with our wallets, so its all good I will NEVER buy a mortgage from JPMorgan sux or Citi again...and I own several properties

Investment banks can rot in hell.
Amen!

Old 01-07-2012, 01:42 PM

They are in denial. "little pink houses" they are happy to be lower middle class, refuse to comprehend the reality of investment banking and fraud perpetuated by banksters and Congress.

They are the posters here who wld rather talk about abortion, or Tiger Woods, (lol who cares).... bcs they have no answers on the economy, and stick their collective heads in the sand. Very sad.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:22 PM

At OWS in VT I saw many teachers, homeowners, middle-aged people, as well as students. They were civilized and on public property which was cordoned off.

Nice example of any normal American protests, guaranteed in the US Constitution as right to assemble peacably.

In D.C. its done everyday. I have a distinct suspicion those certain posters foaming at the mouth here about OWS have never left the 50 mile radius of their little hometown. maybe they should travel more.

Old 01-07-2012, 11:53 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,590,339 times
I never thought it was just young hippies.

I've waded through the filth that was an Occupy camp (Occupy Seattle). I've seen it. It was comprised of 5 groups

1) The group of young people who thought they knew much more than they did. They figured because they took an intro to economics course at the community college last term, that it made them an expert on economic theory and global policy. They're the first generation of "me me me" morons that this country is raising, who all think they're unique little snowflakes and deserve a trophy for showing up and that they should be able to screw up as much as they'd like and still get a mulligan, or welch on debts and not have to pay them. They were ticked off that their degree in Sanskrit didn't guarantee them a 100,000 per year job, and wanted free handouts from those who are actually useful to society in order to subsidize their lifestyles. And yes, they were a lot of hippies who thought the world was powered by pixie dust and positive thinking, and that we should all just "be free" and live on a commune somewhere.

2) Old people who were angry at the thought of losing their entitlements. They wanted their guaranteed government money every month, and wanted mmore of it, and ultimately wanted free handouts from those who are actually useful to society in order to subsidize their lifestyles.

3) Government employee union thugs. People with marginal at best job skills that get paid way too much and who get benefits and pensions that are completely insane, who are starting to realize that the populace is starting to understand we can't keep paying for them. They just wanted free handouts from those who are actually doing something for society in order to subsidize the continued receipt of their entitlements and ridiculous benefits.

4) Greedy people who bought more house than they could afford, then blamed a bank because they couldn't pay their mortgage, even though they knew that after their 2 year interest only ARM kicked over to a traditional mortgage, they'd owe more per month than they grossed before taxes. It's always someone else's fault, right? They furthermore wanted to blame Wall Street for the loss of their middle class wage jobs even though they possessed marginal-at-best skills and the world figured out an illiterate 10 year old Chinese boy can do the same job for 2 dollars a day. Again, blame someone else for their inability to be useful to the world. They just wanted free handouts from those who were actually useful to society in order to subsidize their continued lifestyle as perpetually unemployed squatters who don't make mortgage payments.

5) Homeless people who found out that there was free food at the camps, and showed up to "protest" as long as their plate was never empty. These people were looking for handouts from the protesters in order to subsidize their bellies. Once the food ran out, they disappeared.

Old 01-08-2012, 04:38 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,866,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
I will have to find that article last year were Chase bank employee stole a womans 500k diamond neclace (out of her "safe" deposit box) and was sued...my Dad always told me to NEVER trust banks.

How much do you want to bet that bank employee was part of the 99 percent?

Old 01-08-2012, 04:41 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,471,141 times
Frankly.

In my humble, unwanted and unnecessary opinion.

The whole "occupy" movement needs to be buried in the annals of 2011. Permanently.

Thank you very much... "you're welcome" (insert period)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies